The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
cotda

Love it, the only thing is, doesnt that defeat the purpose of the 'Glass floor' wouldnt the centre of rotation have to be the track spine in order for the glass floor in the shop to actually have a point?
[align=center]Image[/align]
tworandom

I very much doubt that the revolving track will be the viewing area as it wouldn't be the prettiest thing in the world depending on how its been designed. I imagine it would more likely be a fly past track... I mean imagine thirteen drop zone with a view area..

By the way does anyone think that the scare maze may become a year round feature to support SW7? (or a similar version)
Last edited by tworandom on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
upgraiden

tworandom wrote: By the way does anyone think that the scare maze may become a year round feature to support SW7? (or a similar version)
I really like this idea. Probably won't happen though with Towers' continuing cost-cutting measures.
scw55

They already have Sub Terra in the park as a semi-scare maze experience so I would doubt Sanctuary would be permanent.

Could easily be an annual thing as the surgery could be recruiting seasonally.

I think Scaremazes based off existing attractions is a good idea because it makes the maze feel part of the theme park. Opposed to suspend your disbelief as you go into another world. Also adds more context to the attraction.
simononestop

hmm you seen this coaster that lifts the cars to the top with a ferris wheel?? opened in 2010 looks likes similar tech could be used for the secret ellement.

simononestop

sorry correction it opened in 2008!!
Boz

Good Spot :)
I think we are all in agreement that the tech is feasible, now we just have to wait and see if we were right :)
sweedish2009

simononestop wrote: hmm you seen this coaster that lifts the cars to the top with a ferris wheel?? opened in 2010 looks likes similar tech could be used for the secret ellement.

That wouldn't be the ill fated "Hard Rock Park" at Murtle Beach would it?
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
JayJay90

On the debate of worlds first/world beating debate, this was uploaded by alton towers on the 4th Oct and in the description AT have said "worlds first" rather than beating  :?

Evostance

What would stop the rotating track part from moving forward, left, right, up down etc?

Theoretically they could let you enter the track which rotates as the unit moves forward.  Nothing is then stopping it leaving you hanging upside down and then going into a free fall like 13.

Just a random idea that came to my head.
Krazycoaster

simononestop wrote: hmm you seen this coaster that lifts the cars to the top with a ferris wheel?? opened in 2010 looks likes similar tech could be used for the secret ellement.

This does seem to be a likely system that could be adapted to spin. This system was created my Maurer Sohne so if the manufacturer is Gerstlauer, then the system will probably be quite different though.
----reece----

So am I right thinking ... World first = the trick track
World beating = most inversions ??!
Thirteen

I've had an idea for a while, scarily your ideas sort of match but I can't show it due to a lack of computer, I'm hoping to get it fixed by monday and i'll show you visually what I mean.

In my opinion you could be right with the rotating idea, and AT could use it to break records but what I was thinking is having a track which rotates like you guys think but also moves, the rides stops infront of a screen with a spiral (as seen of the eye of the tease) which rotates with you, the screen fades out to black and you're in the dark, you then get launched forward into the station like th13teen (with haste but nothing extreme).

As well as that you could have a ride with cameras linked to a computer with software monitoring your expressions, which linked to the idea i read some time ago, face api does a great job with face tracking and expression tracking.
Last edited by Thirteen on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
oliviamae

yeah, like your on ride photo could be overlayed with a faint version of the face.
ImURNemesis

oliviamae wrote: yeah, like your on ride photo could be overlayed with a faint version of the face.
With the quote "Did you SMILE for the camera?"  :lol:  With the face printed somewhere.
DrummerSam

Is SW7 going to have more then 10 inversions? at the moment Thorpe park has 10 inversions on clossus and also is SW7 going to be opening on 16 March 2013?
The Moon

We believe it to be 14.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
upgraiden

DrummerSam wrote: Is SW7 going to have more then 10 inversions? at the moment Thorpe park has 10 inversions on clossus and also is SW7 going to be opening on 16 March 2013?
As The Moon says we've had strong rumours of 14 inversions from several reliable sources. And yes, the ride is expected to open at the start of next season.
simononestop

sweedish2009 wrote: That wouldn't be the ill fated "Hard Rock Park" at Murtle Beach would it?
Yeah I think it was, from you post im guessing its no longer?
Nightfall

The Sentinel have just released an artical with a few SW7 stats.

Included in it is the rides top speed, height, track length, ride time and capacity (although given by each ride which is very vague value that could mean multiple things).

I also just posted this on TST which is my own interpretation of the data:

Ok the 64 passengers bit is confusing me but here's my assumption:

Like rightbackgranty I think it means 64 passengers on track at one time
(64 per train would be mental!),

so that means 64 passengers every 165 seconds roughly
(that's 2 minutes 45 which is a really good ride time!),

3600 seconds an hour divide by 165 = 21.82
This means 21 laps an hour for one cart, not including loading time but then does 64 passengers include those being loaded?

21 times by 64 = 1344pph
Well if that turns out to be true then that's good news  :D

Now we just need to work out how...

Also today is another date the track was rumoured to be arriving. This could be bogus again but judging by the stage construction is at they'll be ready to lay the first sections of track soon so I'd be very surprised if a few sections weren't already on their way.
[align=center]Image[/align]