Scarefest 2012: Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Liam B

the zombies scare zone I found a bit naff last year (this is just my opinion) but they weren't really trying very hard when I went. They would look at you and that's it. none of them jumped at you! I even weaved towards one to try make him jump at me but he didn't! So I m hoping since the zone is MUCH larger this year that they will have more of a closed in jumpy kinda zone this year! For the times it really depends what day of the week you are going. You want to put it in a place that's not going to disrupt your rides in the dark so I have mine for half 6 as it will be dark then but not completely dark so I can get on it then (when everyone is having tea or leaving as Im going on a Sunday) and basically have the good 3 hours of darkness to try and fit in all the rides you want to do in the dark!
sam_ph777

One more enquiry, my dad has booked the scare maze tickets online using his credit card (I'm under 18), does he need to be there when we pick them up? and where do we pick them up from?
sam_ph777

Sorry to double post, it's meant to say ( I'm under 18 )
Double H

sam_ph777 wrote: Thanks :)
One more enquiry, my dad has booked the scare maze tickets online using his credit card (I'm under 18), does he need to be there when we pick them up? and where do we pick them up from?
You being under 18 won't make much difference as the scaremazes are unsuitable to children under 12 - doesn't mean they won't go in there....

In regards to the booking with credit card, no they don't. All you need to do is print a copy of your email confirmation and if the payment card holder is not present (which is your case) then they will need to provide you with a signed letter giving permission for you to collect the tickets (so your name etc) and you would need to provide your ID to prove who you are.
sam_ph777

Thanks very much :) and I assume they are just collected at the same time as entrance tickets?
Double H

sam_ph777 wrote: Thanks very much :) and I assume they are just collected at the same time as entrance tickets?
Got no idea man, I would assume so. I am staying in the Hotels, so I get my park tickets when I check-in on the day. Never picked up tickets from park entrance.

Actually in saying that, if you do have to pick up your scaremaze tickets at the entrance, does that apply to everyone or if your staying in the Hotels do you get them when you check-in?
ImURNemesis

Got a few questions

Where can you buy a maze ticket for The Sanctuary, Carnival of Screams and so on... and can you buy them on the day without booking. And where abouts in the park will the mazes be.

I've never tried the paid scaremazes and considering how good TOTT's was when I last when to scarefest back in 2009 I want to give them a go this time around, So I apologize if the questions seam stupid.
Coke

ImURNemesis wrote: Got a few questions

Where can you buy a maze ticket for The Sanctuary, Carnival of Screams and so on... and can you buy them on the day without booking. And where abouts in the park will the mazes be.

I've never tried the paid scaremazes and considering how good TOTT's was when I last when to scarefest back in 2009 I want to give them a go this time around, So I apologize if the questions seam stupid.
You can buy maze tickets from Sales & Information booths around the park or the Resort Box Office if you don't book online. Terror of the Towers and The Sanctuary will be located in The Towers, Carnival of Screams will be in the GoalStriker building near the Golf Challenge and the Zombies! Scare Zone is located at the Towers entrance archway.

Are you thirsty?
Jollylee11

Hi! Is there any news or updates on bus services that run from Alton Towers after 9pm?  :D
I've tried guest services and all i got back was useless information, if there isn't any buses running from Alton Towers, is there any local buses that run outside the gates after 9pm?
Many thanks Liam  :)
sam_ph777

Hey if I've ordered my scare maze tickets online where do I pick them up?
domfranczak

Is it cheaper to buy maze tickets online or is it same as park price? :shock:
Frightnights/Scarefest
Double H

Hey guys,

Got a question for ya, I am looking to get fast track tickets for the TOTT on the day of my visit as I read that they are available at limited availability on the day, so first come first. The question is, where do you go to buy these tickets?

sales and info? or somewhere else?

Thanks guys
Double H

domfranczak wrote: Is it cheaper to buy maze tickets online or is it same as park price? :shock:
I think cheaper online, but better offer if you bought combined tickets (entrance to park and 2 scaremazez) online defo.
Boz

sam_ph777 wrote: Hey if I've ordered my scare maze tickets online where do I pick them up?
I'm pretty sure it's at the Box Office on Towers Street, but you might even get them from the advanced ticket collection, if you have booked in advance.
Double H wrote: Hey guys,

Got a question for ya, I am looking to get fast track tickets for the TOTT on the day of my visit as I read that they are available at limited availability on the day, so first come first. The question is, where do you go to buy these tickets?

sales and info? or somewhere else?

Thanks guys
Box Office again. Alternatively there are Fastrack sales/information kiosks dotted around the park.
Double H

Thanks man, any idea where the closest one to the entrance is? I plan on B-Lining there first thing  :P

Edit: No worries - just found the answer. Will the box office be open when the park opens?
Last edited by Double H on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boz

No problem :)
I'm not 100% sure TBH, however i have been in there at 9.30 before, so I'm assuming it opens at the same time as ERT.
Double H

Thanks again man,

Must open at 10 then for park opening. ERT not available over the scarefest because of the late closing, which is the ultimate bummer  :x but this event is still gonna be kick ass.
domfranczak

One more question :lol: What's the discount for maze tickets for ap holders!
Frightnights/Scarefest
SamPowell

Hi.

I have tried to download the app for scarefest, however I cannot find it on the App store.

Can anyone help me or hasn't it gone live yet??

SamPowell
Boz

I don't believe it is live yet  :)