The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
DeanGaryCox

i think we can pretty much presume it's not going to be the worlds steepest drop as there's nothing on the plans to show it, and it's quite unlikely that a drop can be made much steeper than some of the eurofighters out there already...
Image 2014
The Moon

Based on the plans, there is no evidence of being even a beyond vertical drop, let alone a 122 Degree plus drop, impossible in the station building judging by its size, so no. It is not the worlds steepest drop.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Luce

One of the things I'm hoping is that SW7 doesn't do a Saw and become very rough over time but I am looking forward to it. Apart from that, I think it may beat some existing record but what that will be I'm not sure unless it's inversions?
Kenzie2012

I think this is extremely dissappointing.... I was really looking forward to the next Worlds first aspect, I hope the rest of the ride lives up enough to cover this.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
JaykeAT

^have you seen the plans?

I think the majority of the GP would love another world first,but I think they are running out of ideas
The Moon

Only problem with Saw is damn horse collar style OTSR's, something Gersts new lap bar 8 seat cars alleviate, and I am personally most excited about.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
abigsmurf

The hypnosis/brainwashing element, the logo and elements of the track design and the change in marketing blurb have me wondering...

World's fastest spinning coaster?

It's an extreme longshot I know but it would explain the change of language ("worlds first spinning eurofighter" won't have an impact outside of coaster enthusiasts), the vertical lift leading up to a fairly ordinary looking drop. First half is done forward facing, second half had the spinning mechanism unlocked. The car is then made to face forward in the building .

They keep adding twists to the Eurofighter design and they could build on their current spinning coaster tech. It all depends on whether some of the track elements of the second half would be too extreme to spin on though.
sku11dude123

It said World's first beating coaster.

2 Definitions.

1.) The coaster involves passengers getting physically hurt on the ride.
(Yet again this would make the ride get shutdown OR...)

2.) The coaster will be synced with music as the carts go across the track.
spark

abigsmurf wrote: The hypnosis/brainwashing element, the logo and elements of the track design and the change in marketing blurb have me wondering...

World's fastest spinning coaster?

It's an extreme longshot I know but it would explain the change of language ("worlds first spinning eurofighter" won't have an impact outside of coaster enthusiasts), the vertical lift leading up to a fairly ordinary looking drop. First half is done forward facing, second half had the spinning mechanism unlocked. The car is then made to face forward in the building .

They keep adding twists to the Eurofighter design and they could build on their current spinning coaster tech. It all depends on whether some of the track elements of the second half would be too extreme to spin on though.
Probably a bit to similar to sonic though for AT
DrReeve

sku11dude123 wrote: It said World's first beating coaster.

2 Definitions.

1.) The coaster involves passengers getting physically hurt on the ride.
(Yet again this would make the ride get shutdown OR...)

2.) The coaster will be synced with music as the carts go across the track.
Or it means it beats the rest of the world. Such as a world first
Image credit to Lewis97
Randomizer462

Maybe they are just saying World's first in another way, They have used the Worlds first slogan alot  :)
The Moon

Indeed. The worlds first flying coaster came 4 years after the worlds first flying coaster. All in the blurb that comes with it. Knowing Altons tendancy over the past few years it will involve a very small drop tower and a Dyson city vac.

Toke up...
dominoes

It's alright. In the Media thread there is a poster that says World's First. So yeah, that's good.
sibic

coasters are becoming more interactive so maybe their going to do a simulator in the building. worlds first simulator/coaster
oliviamae

by world beating i think it means beating the world record of most inversions. that seems most plausible. sorry if it's already been mentioned!
JaykeAT

I think the Towers just changed the wording to get enthusiasts confused.
oliviamae

plausible that they changed the wording to add rise to speculation, but their marketing team are top notch. i can't imagine they'd specifically change the phrasing without having a reason to do so.
AdamPanic

World's First Stand-Up Eurofigher?
World's First 4D Eurofighter
oliviamae

hopefully not 4d. with ice age 4d, it would look too much like AT are latching onto the gimmick. i hope it's something with more of a lasting impact.
George B

It has been said that It will be "only one of its kind in the world"

It is genuinely true, check TPT
Last edited by George B on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature