Scarefest 2012: Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lozzyhickers

The exemption dates stated earlier for Alton Annual Pass holders, are these applicable to Merlin Standard pass holders too, or are there no exemptions for that time? This goes for Scarefest and fireworks by the way.
forrest27

I am thinking of going to alton towers in between the scarefest dates, 17th and 18th October, could anyone tell me if it would be quiet then ? Thank you in advance!
andiwd

Looking at the prices for the mazes I notice there are different prices depending on the times. Other than the prices do we know of any differences in the later times that would explain the price increase?
lozzyhickers

1st time since about 2005 that i've been to AT halloween, so don't really understand the timeslot system. We've got tickets booked for the 6-6.30pm slot for both mazes. how does this work? I know that we have to enter the 2nd maze within 40mins of the stated time, is this of the first time or last time? And what if the queues are so big that we miss the slot?

In short, will we be likely to miss the dinner reservation we have at 8.15?
Last edited by lozzyhickers on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broco101

"Is life a burden? Are things getting you down? Lost your smile? Then check yourself in for a refreshing check up at The Sanctuary. The Ministry of Joy will launch its next revolutionary project in March 2013. After being closed for new patients for almost 50 years The Sanctuary, The Ministry of Joy’s earliest establishment, is now holding important trials searching for ‘Advocates’ for its 2013 project. So please, book your appointment, get yourself comfortable as the Doctor will see you now."

so is the sanctuary and TMOJ in particular going to be a key point in SW7?? im getting excited!!!  :D
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/8378-fletcherniscfc/"]Image[/url]
altontowerskid

lozzyhickers wrote: 1st time since about 2005 that i've been to AT halloween, so don't really understand the timeslot system. We've got tickets booked for the 6-6.30pm slot for both mazes. how does this work? I know that we have to enter the 2nd maze within 40mins of the stated time, is this of the first time or last time? And what if the queues are so big that we miss the slot?

In short, will we be likely to miss the dinner reservation we have at 8.15?
Basically, that time slot is the guide for when you should be joining the queue for the first maze, of your choice. By giving you a 40min time window for the second maze, the Towers are basically asking that once you are out of the first maze, to go and join the queue for the second - do not worry if you have been longer than 40mins due to queueing, the staff will probably already know.

About your dinner reservation, that is a difficult question. The paid mazes do not usually have long queues and I would say you are most likely going to make your reservation. However, you will have to judge it on the day with the queues you are faced with.
lozzyhickers

altontowerskid wrote: Basically, that time slot is the guide for when you should be joining the queue for the first maze, of your choice. By giving you a 40min time window for the second maze, the Towers are basically asking that once you are out of the first maze, to go and join the queue for the second - do not worry if you have been longer than 40mins due to queueing, the staff will probably already know.

About your dinner reservation, that is a difficult question. The paid mazes do not usually have long queues and I would say you are most likely going to make your reservation. However, you will have to judge it on the day with the queues you are faced with.
Thank you very much, you've really helped!
We booked the dinner with quite alot of time to spare, just in case. Hopefully it'll be ok :)
domfranczak

Do we know were the mazes are going to be? I'M planning my visit on the 13th do you think it will be crowded?
Frightnights/Scarefest
Liam B

domfranczak wrote: Do we know were the mazes are going to be? I'M planning my visit on the 13th do you think it will be crowded?
I think it probably will be busy but not as busy as the first weekend of the proper 2 weeks will be. and no we do not know. TOTT will be in the towers as per usual. we are thinking carnival of screams will be in the goal striker shed and we have heard rumors that the sanctuary will be in the towers aswell but we are not sure :) ALL WILL BE KNOWN SOON!
tori_swift

I want to get my annual pass discount off the maze tickets on the day, will they sell them at the place they sell tickets from in the hotel? I'm assuming they do but best to check if anyone knows  :)
Thanks!
ilyAlton

Hi, I am visiting the park for the Scarefest preview weekend on Saturday 13th, I've seen a few people ask the same question on the facebook page with no reply, thought i'd be better off asking here!

Will the 'preview' weekend be the same as the main week? Will there be all the lighting and scare mazes, TOTT etc. Or is it only a select few things?:s

Thanks in advance:)
NickT04

I've been asked if people can get in for free by dressing up. I told the "asker" this wasn't the case, they were just asking because of a rumour they had heard. Just wondering if one or more people could confirm my thoughts on this!
oliviamae

it's basically like going to see a dress rehearsal of a play rather than the first production. everyone should be doing exactly their jobs, but kinks to be ironed out may be highlighted, problems solved, it's generally a professional practice run, so to speak
SamSimkin

Hello

Going to scarefest on Halloween itself !!!!

Is there going to be live actors around the park and is it REALLY scary ?  :D

Thanks
Sam
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
st34

just wondering does anyone know when the travellers are going to alton towers over scarefest?
sam_ph777

Hey everyone,
I'm visiting Alton towers during scarefest for the first time this year and was wondering how each maze compares to saw alive in terms of scariness (including the boiler house, I know it's gone but I'd still like to know please). 
Thanks
Randomizer462

The Boiler House is not operating this year :) But In Terms of Scariness The Sanctuary should be quite scary, Carnival seems to have more humours scare
roary01

Well sadly i never got to do Saw Alive due to it now only opening for halloween..
However the mazes at towers depend on when you do them, and also depended on the years you did them...
(warning this may be a LONG post)
Boiler House.
When it first started and was situated over at the hotels it was a very well thought out maze and can't remember the year but i think it was 2010 which was its last year at the hotel it had a start outdoors which i did at night, and added immensely to the atmosphere and definatley got your heart racing.. You really felt as though you were being chased by a knife wheedling murderer. In 2011 (black hole tent) it worked/integrated extremely well as the BH queueline made you feel you were making your way down into the boiler house, but it wasn't as claustrophobic as previous years, as if you looked up you saw the tops of the scenery and the roof of the tent so it lost a bit of the intenseness, but it was a good send off for the maze, but was a good time for it to go as the story began to get old..
Carnival of Screams.
2010 was the first year and was an extremely clever maze and the illusions really worked well, but it can either be scary or make you laugh. In 2011 it went to the black hole tent, in which i was really disappointed because 2010 was such a cleverly thought out maze, and this time felt as though the props had just been put wherever they could fit due to it been squashed into the smaller end of the tent. The actors tried there best but the interaction with illusions/props just wasn't the same. 2012 sees the 3rd year for carnival, and its back on its own, and will hopefully go back to its 2010 year in terms of layout/interaction and from how it looks should be a lot more in place in its new home and be able to get an eerie feel back to the maze.
Terror of the Towers.
The Best scare-maze each year, and definitely gets everyone in terms of scares right from the moment u enter the queue-line.. BUT to get the right atmosphere do it at night! trust me just queuing at night builds up the tension..
The Sanctuary.
You'll have to wait and see what the Doctor has to say when you enter for your appointment.
Mikkel

Will there be taxis at the theme park waiting to take guests to their lodgings or are taxi's easily accessible ? When the park closes at 9pm?

Alos, me and the gf might want to watch the hotel entertainment even though we will not be staying in the resort itself. So are relying on taxi's or public transport. Will be staying in the town of Alton so not far away.
sam_ph777

roary01 wrote: Well sadly i never got to do Saw Alive due to it now only opening for halloween..
However the mazes at towers depend on when you do them, and also depended on the years you did them...
(warning this may be a LONG post)
Boiler House.
When it first started and was situated over at the hotels it was a very well thought out maze and can't remember the year but i think it was 2010 which was its last year at the hotel it had a start outdoors which i did at night, and added immensely to the atmosphere and definatley got your heart racing.. You really felt as though you were being chased by a knife wheedling murderer. In 2011 (black hole tent) it worked/integrated extremely well as the BH queueline made you feel you were making your way down into the boiler house, but it wasn't as claustrophobic as previous years, as if you looked up you saw the tops of the scenery and the roof of the tent so it lost a bit of the intenseness, but it was a good send off for the maze, but was a good time for it to go as the story began to get old..
Carnival of Screams.
2010 was the first year and was an extremely clever maze and the illusions really worked well, but it can either be scary or make you laugh. In 2011 it went to the black hole tent, in which i was really disappointed because 2010 was such a cleverly thought out maze, and this time felt as though the props had just been put wherever they could fit due to it been squashed into the smaller end of the tent. The actors tried there best but the interaction with illusions/props just wasn't the same. 2012 sees the 3rd year for carnival, and its back on its own, and will hopefully go back to its 2010 year in terms of layout/interaction and from how it looks should be a lot more in place in its new home and be able to get an eerie feel back to the maze.
Terror of the Towers.
The Best scare-maze each year, and definitely gets everyone in terms of scares right from the moment u enter the queue-line.. BUT to get the right atmosphere do it at night! trust me just queuing at night builds up the tension..
The Sanctuary.
You'll have to wait and see what the Doctor has to say when you enter for your appointment.
Thanks very much, I'm really looking forward to it now! And what timeslots would you recommend? (I'm a bit confused!)
And how is the zombies scare zone?