[Idea] X-Sector : The Activation Party

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
JMR

X-Sector : The Activation Party

The concept:
    I was thinking all about the hype that will gradually be increasing throughout the X-Sector towards the release of Secret Weapon 7. What came to my mind is to WHAT is the hype all about? Well aside from a new ride, don't you think the ride needs to released with a BANG? If people are all hyped up and looking forward to SW7, then they arrive on the launch date and they just walk to the que, ride, then hop off - That's not special, that's just 'Riding a new ride on the launch date.' What if we had an event... What if the release of SW7 was more than just the launch of the ride, but the launch of an X-SECTOR awesome party? X-Sector has seen some dull times, it would be good to make X-Sector stand taller than it ever has before, behold the X-Sector Activation Party!

The Overall Image:
    Picture this...

You walk through into the X-Sector... you hear awesome theme music very loud that just sets the scene. You gasp at how fresh the X-Sector is looking, fresh bright paint, game stalls all themed to do with X-Sector as well as food stalls and games. You turn... you notice guards... suddenly there's a loud bang, a helicopter flies over, guards start rushing in with guns, surrounding SW7, guards with megaphones start barking orders and shouting things like 'SW7- Code 7: Breach' and all things relating to the backstory. You gaze around, you see loads of visitors with they're cameras pointing everywhere, people dancing to the music and see people just overwhelmed by the actors. Suddenly, the main story is almost complete the actors shout in joy and the opening of the ride commences.

The Possible Effect:
    There could be loads of videos of guest's videos of the event/actor's opening scene. Loads of people feeling what X-Sector is all about, LOADS of visitors wanting to go to Alton just to visit the x-sector alone to ride SW7. People on youtube would see X-Sector's best day, all painted awesomely, and themed perfectly that they'd want to visit X-Sector too! It would really stick in people's heads, it would change X-Sector forever. It would give X-Sector it's day of glory.

What are your views on my idea? Do you have any ideas of your own that would fit perfectly into the opening? Please share them, it would be really interesting to hear.

Have any concerns relating to this idea? Post them! After all, we want the best for the park, so if you have concerns, then other people may do also.

Thanks for reading!
JaykeAT

Sounds good,just not sure if it's possible
oliviamae

it's a good concept but way too big for the potential scale for the park's opening. Helicopters are a total no-go and I'm not really sure what the dancers would have to do with a military operation haha. Actors would cost a lot to be a permanent addition (think Scarefest rate of pay - 10 actors at £7.50ph isn't cheap for 'em), but as an opening that would be great. To be honest, I think something like the Th13teen opening weekend would be good. The wraiths haunting the queue were entertaining and fun (my brother actually filmed one following me around the Dark Forest - sounds like what your plans intended effects would be!)
MattsDesigns

You know, I can REALLY see that working.

At the moment they have celebrity launches which helps to get the ride in the news/magazines but they can turn up first, (  :roll: ) which will sky rocket the attendance figures. Couple of drinks served around the place.

As long as the dancers wear combats and a cap, that is pretty much themed to x sector. You can get a clock themed to the rock cafe but it doesn't record albums - you know what I'm sayin' 8)
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
JMR

oliviamae wrote: it's a good concept but way too big for the potential scale for the park's opening. Helicopters are a total no-go and I'm not really sure what the dancers would have to do with a military operation haha. Actors would cost a lot to be a permanent addition (think Scarefest rate of pay - 10 actors at £7.50ph isn't cheap for 'em), but as an opening that would be great. To be honest, I think something like the Th13teen opening weekend would be good. The wraiths haunting the queue were entertaining and fun (my brother actually filmed one following me around the Dark Forest - sounds like what your plans intended effects would be!)
Yeah, the helicopter was a bit too extreme. I wasn't referring to the dancers as part of it, I was talking about the guests dancing lol. But now that I think of it, a street dance crew would fit in perfectly with the X-Sector, like a military-themed routine.

I was not talking about permanent actors, I was talking about an opening play (I should of made that more clear :L)
Mr Oblivion

I'm loving the idea of it  :D, concept seems great for 1 day.

However there's only 2 problems I can see, and they go by the names of Stephen & Suzanne Roper, a giant bang and deafening music is going to realistically give them a stronger footing in the court case. :evil:

Other than that, its probably the best idea, and I would love them to have the ability to pull it off, but they cant. :(
cool_boy_jon

What music do you have in mind exactly? I mean, X-Sector is a secret base. If I imagine the music it would be dramatic, not dance worthy.  :|

The idea overall is great though!

But following on MrOblivion's post, it cant happen, the Roper's will have a great reason for bringing AT to a difficult time. :evil:
The only thing I like better than roller coasters,Alton Towers, Towers times and Theme Parks is HARRY POTTER, yes, I am a Potterhead and proud of it! :)

Rollermad

They should pick a random person to put a giant plug in a socket, that sets off some fireworks or something.
Last edited by Rollermad on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon

I have always thought a party in X Sector would be amazing! At the launch of SW7 it would work incredibly well indeed.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
JMR

Rollermad wrote: They should pick a random person to put a giant plug in a socket, that sets off some fireworks or something.
I like your idea! :D
Kenzie2012

Invite The Ropers to start off proceedings  ;)

Salt in the wound and all that....
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
MattsDesigns

what is their baring over a 1 or 1/2 day event like this?

Could you dress up a science show with a decent level of relevance to the X sector theme? - Didn't they do the Thril-Lab or something like that?

Dress up the science show with the X sector theming and you can have your old liquid nitrogen and (small radius) explosive experiments, burning magnezium, elephant toothpaste, gummies bears as fuel, decomposing a burger in acid, thermite, sodium in water, sulfur hexafluoride deep voice (like helium experiment but opposite). 1st half is close audience, 2n'd half the audience are asked to move back to a safe radius??? Interesting definitely. Kids help out. I sound exactly like Dr Mordin Solus from mass effect haha  :D
Last edited by MattsDesigns on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Delta79

The CAA (the airspace people) says in CAA Air Navigation Order - Rules of the air regulations, Section 2, "Low flying rules" that a twin engined helicopter can operate at a minimum of 750ft over a built up area.  Also the aircraft must not be closer than 500ft to a person, vehicle, vessel or structure. without special dispensation.

This would make a low fly over X sector almost impossible.  Also the sound of an operating aircraft over and around X sector/ Alton Towers would be noise issue that the Local Couple with issues with Alton Towers would use to support they case.  This would also go for Loud music and explosions, as they have reported this as a nuance in the past.

Just remember the local couple did get the speakers removed of Oblivion.

It would be a Cool If they used it as a viral  marketing video, using sound over and CGI for helicopter, loud music and explosion. But i think it would be a bit expensive for them to make 
ryanlovesaltontowers

Delta79 wrote: It would be a Cool If they used it as a viral  marketing video, using sound over and CGI for helicopter, loud music and explosion. But i think it would be a bit expensive for them to make.
To be honest, I wouldn't think it would be that expensive. On Sub-Terra, the current video they use before you go into the lifts has CGI helicopters, rollercoaster track and the giant Nemesis monster. So in theory a viral marketing video for this could easily be done. It seems to me Alton choose not tend to use viral marketing and other closely related types of marketing as much as Thorpe Park does, opting instead for high quality TV ads (which tend to hype up rides a little too much) and print campaigns.
Delta79

well i hope AT do a cool high quality advert along the lines of the OP idea. As it would be a cool ad :D