Quick Questions 2012

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
aircanman

Just a quickie, thinking of going to AT soon, whats the queues like at the moment? 
DONT LOOK DOWN

Went to AT from the 24th of July to the 27th. The queues were alright but early ride time is very useful.
Had early ride time on Oblivion and I didnt have to wait for more than 5 mins and Nemesis had ert as well
and I didnt have to wait a long time and if you go on off peak times there will be less queues. But watch out
for Rita as the longest queues usually end up there. Sonic Spinball can be busy even with ert.
Being number two is just being the first to lose.
sam_ph777

This year some of the magic that Alton Towers had a few years back seems to have returned. The atmosphere is better and I particularly like the use of the characters that walk around such as Scrat and the pirates. Also, many staff seem friendlier e.g. in the new chicken place in X-Sector (even though the food wasn't my favourite the staff were very friendly!).

I have a few quick questions that could do with answering:

1) I haven't rode Hex this year and have been hearing mixed reviews of it. Some people say the screens are broken and the ride seems like it is dying. Yet others have said it is running very well! What state is it in?

2) I don't know of anyone else has noticed, but the TV screen on the right hand side of the Sub Terra pre-ride show section seems to be playing up, and lines keep coming up. Anyone seen this or know what's happening? (I know it's a minor thing but has bugged me both visits now :P)

3) Does anybody know what is happening to the toilets outside X-Sector regarding the construction of SW7? This may be too early to ask, but I have anyway.

4) Is there a new ERT system?

5) Is the wifi that is being installed around the park free? Do you need to register an account?

Thanks

P.S This is one of my first posts, so I apologise for any errors/mistakes.
kwright25

I will be visiting Alton Towers sometime this week and i was wondering what time does the park open? The Alton Towers website says that it opens at 10:00 but does this mean the park or the rides? I'm sure it used to be that the park opens at 9:00 and the rides opened at 10:00?

I hope you can help :)

Thanks
jackgcse

The park opens at 9, by that I mean the gates and turnstiles are opened and you can go round and explore the park by 9, but most of the rides will be closed, and a select few rides will be open for Early ride time, if you have a ticket that allows you (i.e. pre booked ticket of Annual Pass) otherwise you can only explore the park but you will have to wait outside an attraction queue line and wait for all the attractions to open at 10!
Hope that helps! So yes the park opens at 9 but the rides officially and free to use at 10!
Chaz

Just out of curiosity really- we always stay at a Travelodge when we go to AT or the on-site hotels if I fancy a drink (and can afford it). Anyway, every time we visit we see the b&b situated right outside the park entrance and never note its name.

Anyone stayed here? Know what it's called? Prices? Etc?

If its cheap enough I see it as perfect: can stay cheaper than hotels onsite and still have a few jars?

Thanks all
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Boz

the park and certain rides will open at 9:00 only for those who qualify for Early Ride Time. the gates will open for all guests at around 9:30 but they will not be able to access rides until 10:00, when ERT ends.

edit:Jack beat me to it
kwright25

Thanks for the help guys! :)
lagolfer09

There is the Chained Oak B&B I think which is just on the left hand side oposite the park (if you go through Alton village)
Chaz

lagolfer09 wrote: There is the Chained Oak B&B I think which is just on the left hand side oposite the park (if you go through Alton village)
That's the one I drive past on my way to the Towers but there's one literally just outside. When you come out the main entrance is directly on your right.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
kwright25

I was wondering does Alton Towers still have the section where you can pay for your tickets with cash only? If they do can you use the 2 for 1 vouchers aswell at that section or do you have to go to the normal ticket section to be able to use 2 for 1 vouchers?

Thanks, i hope you can help :)
oliviamae

Yeah, you can still pay cash only. It's towards the station / drop off point - a long trailer-kinda point. Yeah, you can use 241 there, just hand it over - same with the free vouchers.
jackgcse

Im going to Scarefest on Halloween day, never done it on 31st October before, and I was wondering whether or not to book the Mazes now, or whether there will be availability on the day? I ask because October will be busy and I fear they will sell out before the event, has this happened, or do I have no need to worry, and just book the tickets the moment I arrive on 31st October!? Thanks if anyone can help, I know when I have been before they do not start selling out until about 12-1ish, but I wonder being Halloween!
JaykeAT

jackgcse wrote: Im going to Scarefest on Halloween day, never done it on 31st October before, and I was wondering whether or not to book the Mazes now, or whether there will be availability on the day? I ask because October will be busy and I fear they will sell out before the event, has this happened, or do I have no need to worry, and just book the tickets the moment I arrive on 31st October!? Thanks if anyone can help, I know when I have been before they do not start selling out until about 12-1ish, but I wonder being Halloween!
I think it might be a good idea to book online just in case.
ing1607

Hi, i was just wondering how old you have to be to allowed in the park without an adult? Thanks in advance.  :D
ing1607

Also I got free tickets through the times newspaper and i was wondering if they would include early ride time?
JaykeAT

ing1607 wrote: Also I got free tickets through the times newspaper and i was wondering if they would include early ride time?
Sadly,no they do not include ert
ing1607 wrote: Hi, i was just wondering how old you have to be to allowed in the park without an adult? Thanks in advance.  :D
I think,if you are oer 12,then yes but I think someone else could give you an official answer
sully1311

ing1607 wrote: Hi, i was just wondering how old you have to be to allowed in the park without an adult? Thanks in advance.  :D
"4. No child or children under the age of 12 will be admitted to the Theme Park unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. "
JoshC.

EDIT:  Was beaten to it, :oops:

I think it's the same for all Merlin parks, 12 and over. :)

Makes sense too, if they're going to charged 12 year olds adult prices, they should be able to go into the parks by themselves.
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
JaykeAT

You know you got a discount on towers2 tickets with a sun free ticket,well does the same apply for for the mirror free tickets?