Nemesis the Movie?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
valhallaist

If it worked for Pirates of the Carribean, it can work for out very own gem of a ride. Imagine, it'll be like something crossed with Mad Max and Silent Hill.  :shock:
ImURNemesis

No!  :|

Nemesis belongs at Alton Towers! End of story!
scw55

I think it would be too B-Movie-y.
Wasn't Nemesis conceptualised in the 90s where the imagination of 'the future' was romantic-Power Rangers?

So the story I don't think would work well today in less they bastardised it and ruin it.

I'm impressed at Nemesis:ST update of it. I am gutted that the Phalanx Staff aren't wearing lovely flamboyant skin-tight armour suites as of the promo Comic for Nemesis.
MattsDesigns

At first I wasnt excited until someone said B-movie.
This could be hilariously good and J wardley has experience of B-movies.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Trisnie

ImURNemesis wrote: No!  :|

Then what is it doing at Thorpe Park?
Don't_Look_Down

It could work, but surely such a 90s conception would be wasted on the public of today?
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
oliviamae

MattsDesigns wrote: At first I wasnt excited until someone said B-movie.
This could be hilariously good and J wardley has experience of B-movies.
A B-movie would be awesome, especially with the recent cult success of Hobo With A Shotgun re-inventing the genre, and it would bring back a little more of an older audience to the ride.
MattsDesigns

True. And they even could give nemesis a B-movie spruce up. How about torn rags and candles in the station?
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
PeteB

I think the current story as we know it would only work as a tiny portion of an overall movie.  Like POTC (and even Haunted Mansion, which was dire) needed the story fleshing out with lots of characters, plots, twists etc.

At the end of the day the best films work on a simple idea - look at the Dark Knight Trilogy for example, its just some rich guy who dresses up like a bat to fight crime.  So there's no reason why you couldn't take the idea of Nemesis and develop it further.
ImURNemesis

Trisnie wrote:
ImURNemesis wrote: No!  :|

Then what is it doing at Thorpe Park?
Because Tussauds  wanted to make money at the time. A lazy idea to name an inverted coaster after one that already exists and stick "inferno" after it. It's not even remotely related.

Nemesis is an IP unique to Alton Towers and therefore should stay at Alton Towers.
valhallaist

scw55 wrote: I think it would be too B-Movie-y.
Wasn't Nemesis conceptualised in the 90s where the imagination of 'the future' was romantic-Power Rangers?

So the story I don't think would work well today in less they bastardised it and ruin it.

I'm impressed at Nemesis:ST update of it. I am gutted that the Phalanx Staff aren't wearing lovely flamboyant skin-tight armour suites as of the promo Comic for Nemesis.
Well I'm a big fan of B movies myself. Give me Army of Darkness any day :D. I personally think the current "story" behind Nemesis has room for improvement.

I agree about armour suites from the comic. I quite like the premise behind futuristic soldiers fighting the Nemesis creature. It's no surprise really that Dan Abnett wrote it.