Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Pierre

The Zamperla Vertical Swing, "Pterodactyl", opened yesterday.

Pennywise

A very decent and impressive addition to Flamingo Land, I must say, and certainly superior to the ridiculously rough Corkscrew clone which previously sat on the site. This is an experience which is pretty much unique to the UK and certainly brings in another layer of appeal to what is already what of my favourite theme parks in the UK. Just so long as they can keep it well maintained I'll be happy, that's the main thing that the park seems to be lacking; they build class attractions, but then leave them to rot.
Pierre

The image is deceiving. I can see why you think it's on the corkscrew site from that but it's actually looking over the plaza buildings on the opposite side. It's situated next to the wagon wheels (around the area of the old
Top gun site).
Pennywise

Pierre wrote: The image is deceiving. I can see why you think it's on the corkscrew site from that but it's actually looking over the plaza buildings on the opposite side. It's situated next to the wagon wheels (around the area of the old
Top gun site).
Ahh, now that's interesting, and thanks for letting me know! I suppose that's a slightly better location for the attraction though it's slightly concerning if nothing has been done to the Corkscrew site yet, as I've been told that it looks a bit of a state, as of the start of this season, and is rather close to the entrance area. Still, at least there's still hope for a big development on that site in 2013/14 now, in addition to this new flat. :D
Deleted

POV
W@LLI$

Now I know where the new spinning ride is, what about the 'New Experience' near Velocity? Does anyone know what it is?
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
Corkscrew Lover

Mine personally is The Kumali Because It Has The Famous Vekoma Whine From The Original Corkscrew, Whats Your Favourite?
Air lover

I've got to agree with you kumali
daveclarkedaveclarke

kumali is mine too
Howie

Velocity for me. Like Rita, only better.
Luce

I'll have to go with Kumali as well, even though it's an SLC I enjoyed it and it wasn't too rough. Special mention to Flip Flop as I was surprised at how good it was and I actually got some airtime on it too :)
stu1980

Flamingo have removed the mouse ride for a new ride for 2013 but there is no news as yet what the new ride on the site will be. The ride company i know is Zamperla for the 3 new rides.  This is one of 3 rides with a flying coaster being built on the old corkscrew site as i type. Good news
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
Sam198

Sounds great! Do you have a link to any articles regarding this news? :)
js2592

Go-flamingo's facebook page have confirmed that there is a zamperela Voltare as one of the new rides.
Heres a link, where there are also links to discussion topics on the news https://www.facebook.com/RGG.GoFlamingo
stu1980

Sam198 wrote: Sounds great! Do you have a link to any articles regarding this news? :)
Also confirmed by the park today :)
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
mushroomproductions

I was at the Great Days Out fair today, and they have confirmed a few things. Volare is 100% true, and it is going on the Mouse site, they are also getting a small Zamperla spinner on the old driving school site.

ukool

Corkscrews gone? Shows how long its been since i was at the park / followed any news!
Henry

The volare is confirmed as being called Hero.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
KittyKat

Henry wrote: The volare is confirmed as being called Hero.
That is an ok name for Flamingo Land's standards.

I still can't believe the Corkskrew and Mouse have gone. It's made me realise how long it has been since my last visit.
abigsmurf

Can't be as long as my last visit.

It was so long ago all I remember is walking down the path with a load of lights and model dioramas and the world's crudest water chute where you're pulled back up by a rope.

Has to be over 20 years ago.