PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Starlight expresser

hey there, i was going to book the portaventura hotel on the week of 1st october but its showing no avaliability, is something happening that week at the park?, my have to reshedule to septemberso i can get a room !!!!!

cheers

Andy
Coke

Can I ask which site you are booking through and I might be able to help?

Are you thirsty?
Starlight expresser

Hey there, I've been checking availability on the portaventura . co.uk site where it has like 50% of hotel on it, it looks and official and main site.
mike_roller

Starlight expresser

hey guys, when booking a 4 day break to Portaventura is it worth purchasing a express bracelet for unlimited access to the rides?. Im going to stay in the portaventura hotel so unsure if i get any facetrack thing with that?. just wondered if its busy sept/oct time?

Andy
Coke

Starlight expresser wrote: Hey there, I've been checking availability on the portaventura . co.uk site where it has like 50% of hotel on it, it looks and official and main site.
Yes, if that doesn't work try PortAventura Holidays as mentioned above. Portaventura.co.uk is an official site run by PortAventura and portaventuraholidays.co.uk is an official partner.
Starlight expresser wrote: hey guys, when booking a 4 day break to Portaventura is it worth purchasing a express bracelet for unlimited access to the rides?. Im going to stay in the portaventura hotel so unsure if i get any facetrack thing with that?. just wondered if its busy sept/oct time?
Free Express Hotels was discontinued last year, but you may have the option to purchase it at a discounted price online or on arrival from Hotel Reception. Express Premium (bracelet) is valid for your whole stay as a hotel guest. Express Max is valid for one use on each ride stated on the pass.

If you have any more questions send me a PM and I will happily answer them having been for multiple holidays/breaks there.

Are you thirsty?
Starlight expresser

What hotel is the better one to stay in on resort? Also is an express bracelet worth getting in sept/oct time as I dont know how busy it is at that time of year ? X
Coke

If you can get them, Hotel PortAventura/Villa Mediterranea OR Hotel Gold River. Both have direct park access and are very convenient. If you plan to use the waterpark, Hotel PortAventura/Villa Mediterranea is better located for that as there is no pedestrian access out of Hotel Gold River.

I would wait and see what the queues are like on your first day, then if necessary buy Express from your hotel reception desk to take advantage of special rates.

Are you thirsty?
Starlight expresser

Most of the flights go to Barcelona, is there a shuttle bus to the park from there ? X
Anthony

You can get the train from Barcelona to PortAvenura. It has its own station that's about a 5 minute walk from the entrance.

Or you could fly direct to Salou. Then you're really close to the park.
Coke

I would try and get a flight to Salou (Airport called Reus) if possible like mentioned above - it is just 10 minutes away!

Are you thirsty?
mershed_perderders

i thought it looked good before but i seen a video of the pipes that hold it up shakeing really badly in the wind, doesn't seem safe anymore to me lol
Benzin

Supports shaking are NOT dangerous... Indeed, they are designed with such give in mind in order to reduce the amount of stress and strain which would actually cause more damage than it swaying...

See also - Dragon's Fury...
TB2

mershed_perderders wrote: i thought it looked good before but i seen a video of the pipes that hold it up shakeing really badly in the wind, doesn't seem safe anymore to me lol
Damn, I bet B&M didn't think of that. I think you should email the park before hundreds die..

:shock:
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Starlight expresser

Hey guys, getting really frustrated!!!! I can't get any hotels onsite for the week 1st oct- 5th oct at all. !!!!. Does someone know of anything happening that week that I'm totally missing x
jackgcse

Do check the calendars, inside out and backwards for Port Aventura, because they are bar-stuards, with telling you exactly what they are doing at that time! I know when it gets near Halloween, they sometimes have the park closed on some days, because its not busy enough, however also, some of the hotels close after summer, such as el paso, and cariba I think!
But do check and don't make a mistake! Check every ounce, but if I were you go to the Villa Romana hotel, it is right next door to the Cariba Hotel, however its really really nice, easy walk to the park, and far cheaper! Check it out, we have stayed at it twice now, simply for the theme park! Its brilliant! So if I were you save your money, you really don't gain enough out of staying at an official PA hotel!!!
jo_jo_1uk

jackgcse wrote: Do check the calendars, inside out and backwards for Port Aventura, because they are bar-stuards, with telling you exactly what they are doing at that time! I know when it gets near Halloween, they sometimes have the park closed on some days, because its not busy enough, however also, some of the hotels close after summer, such as el paso, and cariba I think!
But do check and don't make a mistake! Check every ounce, but if I were you go to the Villa Romana hotel, it is right next door to the Cariba Hotel, however its really really nice, easy walk to the park, and far cheaper! Check it out, we have stayed at it twice now, simply for the theme park! Its brilliant! So if I were you save your money, you really don't gain enough out of staying at an official PA hotel!!!
Oooo this I'm pleased to hear, thats where I'm staying in Oct :D I can't wait its my first trip to PA!!
Starlight expresser

hey ive finally booked my trip, i had to go 2 weeks later to get the portaventura hotel, when is there halloween celebrations? x
JAMMYD777

Hello everyone, we are planning our first trip abroad for next year and were planning on visiting the Costa Dorada as there seems to be a lot to do for the whole family.

Therefore we were planning on visiting PortAventura as well. Does anybody know when PortAventura is the quietest so that we can make the most of our trip?

Many Thanks
SW7:
jackgcse

You may be pleased to hear that during October Half term is actually very quite because the school kids don't have a break then in Spain, however there are a fair few school trips going there, however that never changes at Port Aventura, just avoid Summer time like the plague, don't get me wrong PA is amazing during summer, apart from the masses upon masses of people, so either May half term or October half term are two very good dates to go, if you are looking for a time that keeps within school holidays! I have done all times of year at PA now, and I can tell you that there is sooo much to do, even on a fairly dead day, you will struggle to do 3/4 of the park!

I would avoid the fastrack system, because I don't think it is value for money, however you will have a great time no matter when you go! Food and Drink is insane at Port Aventura, but I suppose its all part of it!

As for the Villa Romana, the food is great, however try to eat before 8:30 ish, because thats when the spanish come to eat, and its very busy, but otherwise the hotel is almost perfect, we had a view of Shambhala from our room, which was fantastic! Its also literally 4 minutes walk, which is nothing, it infact takes a car longer to actually get into the car park!

Halloween starts around mid-end September through to mid November! However be warned, that Port Aventura only operate some of the Halloween at Weekends only!!!!!! By that I mean midweek the halloween shows and Horror in pentinence horror maze operate however the parade, fireworks display, Mina Del Diablo and del miedo (something like that) DO NOT OPERATE during midweek, and to be fair with good reason, the park is dead midweek, but during Halloween weekends the queues reach 3 hours for the mazes!!!! However its still good even if you go midweek, its just not as much in the way of extras!
Last edited by jackgcse on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.