Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Rollermad

Problem1. The dirt and pink coats are strange because of the dirt oil getting on you .
SpinballEdders

Rollermad wrote: Problem1. The dirt and pink coats are strange because of the dirt oil getting on you .
That happens on Nemesis as well
RollercoasterGEEK100

What do you mean?  :?

Credit to NemesisRider
JoshC.

Simply put, I enjoy Nemesis Inferno.  Okay, it's not the best Inverter out there, and having the name 'Nemesis' in it doesn't help when it comes to pre-ride expectations.  However, it's a good, solid ride - it has a speed, a little bit of force, is well paced, good audio and looks good. 

In other words, it's a good ride, nothing special, but good nonetheless - it does the job.
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
iriderides101

I don't think Inferno is a bad ride. I think its important to point out most people on this forum will likely consider themselves as 'coaster enthusiasts' and as most of these posts show how into coaster we all are. Most enthusiasts deeply analyse  all part of the experience. Whereas the general public are unlikely the be so deep in their analysis, as long as they don't come off hurt and have some form of excitement most general public are satisfied. However I still think original nemesis is miles better but because of its fitting theme and amazing design.

I was reading this article
http://www.rollercoasterphilosophy.com/2012/x-flight/

Not sure about this articles sources but it appears B&M aren't designing coasters to be as intense as they used to be, which could explain as to why inferno does not match its older sibling. If you read the article it has a really valid point about the design of B&M coasters that they offer 'flight' experiences, which is true most of it coasters designs have evolved in some way or other to give a feeling of flight so inverted-floorless-flyer and now wing rider (I don't necessarily mean the flying position which air provides).

And at least we got a B&M it could of been a rough, generic Vekoma SLC :|
Sazzle

Well well well. Attendance figures really must be down... from The Sun today (31/05/12):

>> edit >> added image:

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Last edited by Sazzle on Thu May 31, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoasterCrazyChris

^That is actually a quality bit of PR there (for once).

:)
.Will

There have been lots of adverts on the television recently.
Rollercoaster5000

Another stunt from forp, this one's quite amusing to be honest!
Bunbury

What a fantastic offer, Lord knows it's hard to find half-price Thorpe Park admission anywhere else.
Islander

Oh lordy, that's gonna make for an... interesting... day on park that Tuesday. Think I'll give it a wide berth...
Coolbeans14

Sazzle wrote: Well well well. Attendance figures really must be down... from The Sun today (31/05/12):

>> edit >> added image:

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

boosts libido?! how do they work that out???
formula1fan

^The reference to libido is yet another publicity stunt. :roll:
Pennywise

formula1fan wrote: ^The reference to libido is yet another publicity stunt. :roll:
... what's wrong with publicity stunts?

Increased publicity means more people talking about the park, which in turn results in higher gate figures and more money, some of which (in theory) will be ploughed straight back into the park.

So long as they aren't distasteful, I fail to see how publicity stunts can be seen as a negative thing?
BigAl

D4n wrote: So long as they aren't distasteful...
That's the problem.
dominoes

I don't mind these types. This is just advertising, so that is fine. However, types like the Wayne Rooney prostitute one are aweful.
Pennywise

BigAl wrote: That's the problem.
Care to explain in what way this particular PR stunt could be considered distasteful? :)
BigAl

D4n wrote:
BigAl wrote: That's the problem.
Care to explain in what way this particular PR stunt could be considered distasteful? :)
This one. :)

Edit: The relation is that the latest stunt references this. I can't see why anyone would want to remind people of such a horrendous stunt like that.
Last edited by BigAl on Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
formula1fan

I have no problem with parks doing publicity stunts, Dan, but it's ones that have ridiculous claims about stuff like libido and the Wayne Rooney prostitute that I have a problem with.
Pennywise

BigAl wrote: This one. :)
But that's nothing to do with this publicity stunt.

Just because some of the PR material that has been released in the past has overstepped the line doesn't mean that the park should be attacked every time they try to put themselves into the public eye. Quite frankly, if those are the only stunts that you remember, mention or credit the park for it implies that these are the PR stunts that actually work.

So, instead, I would recommend attempting to ignore those stunts that offend you, as best you can, and credit the park over those that are actually reputable. That's the only way they'll learn. It's a business, it'll run with whatever gets noticed most.