The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
DeadJack5

I doubt that the ride will have lap bars as the amount of inversions and the type of inversions. It will be over head bars (don't know the proper name) if they did go for lap bars then it would be a very intersting
Javs

Anyone remember The Beast (Black Hole)? No restraints at all! Ahhhh those were the days. And yes I realise that not only would H&S go bananas, but there were no inversions. Just saying....
formula1fan

Javs wrote: Anyone remember The Beast (Black Hole)? No restraints at all! Ahhhh those were the days. And yes I realise that not only would H&S go bananas, but there were no inversions. Just saying....
The Beast and the Black Hole were NOT the same ride.
http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/history/oldrides/bh.htm
:)
TomahawkTom

Is anyone like me and don't really care what restraints they have. I'd thought it would have OTSR's like the ones on Saw
-Prometheus-

I'm fully expecting OTSR's but if there was one way for SW7 to scare / intimidate me, the use of lapbars for that many inversions would be it!  G-Force freaks me out thanks to the lappies and that's a tiddler.
Matthew144

All this talk of lapbars assumes that you are sitting down!
Blaze

Which you will be. ;)
Nightfall

and at last we get back to the Stand-Up concept again  :P

From looking at the manufactures I'd say there's a very good chance it will have lap bars. Gerstlauer have announced that lab bars are the way forward. In fact their next Euro-fighter opening this year is mean to be the first 8 people cart with lap bars.

If it was another manufacturer (which it won't be but let's just say it could be) we know Maurer Söhne has been using lap bars for years, S&S use strange restrains anyway and Mack only created Blue Fire themselves because nobody else was willing to make a high throughput thrill ride with lap bars. The only company's still sticking with OTSR are B&M (although there new wingriders are only half OTSR) and Intamin.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Nemesis94

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since my last post, but I think it's been worth the wait: The video of my new and improved recreation is now online. Many thanks again to JAMMYD778 for putting it together with his usual artistic skills, I think you'll agree that as long as Alton stick to the plans we could have something very special coming in 2013.

For those who are familiar with the previous video, this follows the same format with panaramic shots of the ride followed by the POV. Naturally, this gives a much better impression of how the ride will fit into X-Sector and how it will interact with the theming objects. The 'dark' section of the ride has again been omitted, since we are still only speculating about what will happen in there.

Enjoy the ride!

EDIT: Not sure why the video is so jerky at the moment, it might be an error as it has uploaded to youtube. The actual video works fine on my laptop. Will keep you posted.
Last edited by Nemesis94 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See my No Limits recreation of SW7 (filmed by JAMMYD777) at
-Prometheus-

That is an outstanding peice of work!  :clap:
Matthew144

Nightfall wrote: and at last we get back to the Stand-Up concept again  :P

From looking at the manufactures I'd say there's a very good chance it will have lap bars. Gerstlauer have announced that lab bars are the way forward. In fact their next Euro-fighter opening this year is mean to be the first 8 people cart with lap bars.

If it was another manufacturer (which it won't be but let's just say it could be) we know Maurer Söhne has been using lap bars for years, S&S use strange restrains anyway and Mack only created Blue Fire themselves because nobody else was willing to make a high throughput thrill ride with lap bars. The only company's still sticking with OTSR are B&M (although there new wingriders are only half OTSR) and Intamin.
And where did I say stand up, there is not a prayer this will be stand up.
Blaze wrote: Which you will be. ;)
There are more ways of riding a coaster than sitting down or standing up, infact out of all of the SW so far only the last one is a true sit down coaster.
AT have never followed other parks they are leaders in innovative design and wouldn't spend £20 mill on a Eurofighter with or without lapbars.
Blaze

Matthew144 wrote: There are more ways of riding a coaster than sitting down or standing up, infact out of all of the SW so far only the last one is a true sit down coaster.
AT have never followed other parks they are leaders in innovative design and wouldn't spend £20 mill on a Eurofighter with or without lapbars.
They spent £15m on a mine train.

Nemesis, Oblivion, you're still sitting down. You're sitting down, standing up or lying down. It won't be a flyer because they have Air, it won't be a standup, it just won't and everything about the plans suggests this is a sit down. I've heard it has standard 8 seats, but there could be more. Either way, it's going to involve sitting down on top of the track.
Skumfidus

If SW7 was just the first half of that POV I'd me more than happy, but the fact it's double that....it's amazing!
Nemesis94

There seems to be an issue with the upload of the video that has made it very jerky. I am going to attempt to re-upload it, hopefully tonight, but could be tomorrow. I have made it a private listing for the time being so only TowersTimers can access it as a "sneak peak" of what's to come.
See my No Limits recreation of SW7 (filmed by JAMMYD777) at
JAMMYD777

I believe there is a problem relating Youtube with the specific video codec that has been used. I have contacted the Youtube team about the problem, however, I fear the problem may persist for a while longer.
SW7:
Nightfall

Sorry Matt I should have warned you, the whole stand-up suggestion is a bit of an in-joke that has to be mentioned whenever Blaze is involved. I know that you didn't say it would be a stand-up ride. I hadn't expected anyone to take my comment seriously  :oops:

Anyway amazing work Nemesis94 as always. I've only watched half of it as I didn't want to spoil the work you've done by watching the jerky version. I do hope you can get this fixed by re-uploading it.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Matthew144

Blaze wrote:
Matthew144 wrote: There are more ways of riding a coaster than sitting down or standing up, infact out of all of the SW so far only the last one is a true sit down coaster.
They spent £15m on a mine train.

Nemesis, Oblivion, you're still sitting down. You're sitting down, standing up or lying down. It won't be a flyer because they have Air, it won't be a standup, it just won't and everything about the plans suggests this is a sit down. I've heard it has standard 8 seats, but there could be more. Either way, it's going to involve sitting down on top of the track.
Th13teen is a state of the art worlds first free fall drop rollercoaster not a mine train, it may not be to a lot of people's taste but technically it is an advanced bit of kit by the worlds top manufacturer.
Granted I'll give you the fact that your arse is touching plastic on Nemesis and Oblivion but there not sit down rollercoasters.
Nobody knows for sure except AT what will be delivered next year so it's unfair to criticise, people are only suggesting ideas to discuss and don't need to be shot down disrespectfully.
Ritadz

Sorry, but how the hell is Oblivion not a sit down coaster?

I can see you point with Nemmy, but Oblivion?
Tom G

When do you think the first viral clip or microsite etc will be launched?
mrbrightside

Late summer methinks... Gearing up for Scarefest advertising and then the closed season.
ImageImage