Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Benzin

thefatone wrote: I think a fair few are coming out saying "it was crap" to cover up that they were actually ice-creamting themselves in the attraction itself.

It's typical - you'll hear it from people coming out of scare mazes as well. People don't like to admit to being scared ;)
So true, especially of some girls on my second ride who were screaming with the pre lift opened...
Danielle

Benzin wrote:
thefatone wrote: I think a fair few are coming out saying "it was crap" to cover up that they were actually ice-creamting themselves in the attraction itself.

It's typical - you'll hear it from people coming out of scare mazes as well. People don't like to admit to being scared ;)
So true, especially of some girls on my second ride who were screaming with the pre lift opened...
What? :|

I genuinely don't find any aspect of the ride scary in any way. I don't understand what there is to be scared of!
Chris W

Leave Terry Aloooooooooone.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
anorman

Went on sub terra yesterday and just got back from 2 day trip, I must say I thought it was great!  the effects were spot on and there was ALOT of screaming going on, I even enjoyed the drop and thought it worked well.  The problem with terry is that alot of people are not playing along with the experience and judging purely on the drop alone, I even heard one person in the queue stating that it was an underground rollercoaster and with numpties like that spouting off people's expectations will be far too high.

One thing though, I would have loved to have seen a broken strobe effect in the 'nest' cave with the alien approaching with each flicker of light, kind of like the bus sequence on Field of a thousand screams, that would be freaking awsome. :twisted:

overall 10/10 for effort, 8/10 for themeing/effects, 6/10 for the drop (more than one would be better)
Bear

anorman wrote:The problem with terry is that alot of people are not playing along with the experience and judging purely on the drop alone
Nope. I went on it... and along with around 1500 others, found it to be rubbish and not even marginally convincing. They have A LOT LOT LOT LOT to do before it will become a true Alton Towers attraction.
Kenzie2012

I can't wait to ride it myself to see just how much of a let down it is and decide for myself -

On another note, have i missed something today???

Very hard to read a forum backwards with a sunday morning hangover?!?!?!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
jordanc14

@Kenzie2012 read it in the mirror as I am doing at the moment  :)
mrbrightside

Or use tapatalk haha ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
bobblebob

This is what happened when i went on it, can someone tell me what effects i missed as it appeared alot werent working?

Sat in the seat, after some noise the room went dark and the drop happened. Some air and water was blown on me, then the leg ticklers things. After that the ride went back up to see the hatched egg. No other room with mini eggs or anything. So did i miss out on alot of the effects?
W@LLI$

I am getting reports that the ride is getting better and better, than it was on opening day, is this true? Cus if so I CAN'T WAIT! :D
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
mrbrightside

Bobblebob, when you drop down, you should briefly see some sort of illuminated cavern with more eggs in it.

ImageImage
bobblebob

mrbrightside wrote: Bobblebob, when you drop down, you should briefly see some sort of illuminated cavern with more eggs in it.

Yea never happened with me. Heard people mention walls moving and being poked in the back, that never happened either
mrbrightside

The 'full' sequence is being loaded in the 'core', the heartbeat getting faster, the power cuts, air is blown in your face and you drop.

You see more eggs in a cavern below. Then the lights go out again, water sprays you, the leg ticklers and back pokers kick in and then water sprays you again.

Then you get lifted back up and 'escape' to the lift which shakes and judders as the nemesis alien grabs it. Loud noises play, air blows from a vent and a wall and ceiling panel comes loose.

That's basically it.

ImageImage
bobblebob

mrbrightside wrote: The 'full' sequence is being loaded in the 'core', the heartbeat getting faster, the power cuts, air is blown in your face and you drop.

You see more eggs in a cavern below. Then the lights go out again, water sprays you, the leg ticklers and back pokers kick in and then water sprays you again.

Then you get lifted back up and 'escape' to the lift which shakes and judders as the nemesis alien grabs it. Loud noises play, air blows from a vent and a wall and ceiling panel comes loose.

That's basically it.

Thanks, will need to go on it again tho as about 50% of what you mentioned didnt happen when i rode it :(
aru

It seems to me that if they just improved the drop experience and added a couple of jolts / drops then the ride would be top notch.

A lot of the effects sound very impressive - it's just the storytelling and the drop that needs tweaking. I'm sure if they added an extra 15 seconds to the 'ride' to incorporate these changes it wouldn't affects the throughput too much?
siralgenon

So has any type of monster been added to the pit, or is it just hatching eggs? Haven't been on it since opening day?  :)
James

siralgenon wrote: So has any type of monster been added to the pit, or is it just hatching eggs? Haven't been on it since opening day?  :)
At the moment it's still hatching eggs. As far as I'm aware there are no plans to change this.
aru

So what do they plan to change?
James

All we know is that Alton are well aware of the problems with Sub-Terra and the negative feedback - much like Hex was also very different in it's view weeks of operation no doubt in a few months time we could see Sub-Terra in a different way. I would guess the 'experience' itself will be tweaked in future. However, these things just don't happen overnight so I would give Alton Towers (and Merlin) a good few months to rectify the 'experience' of Sub-Terra.

It's just over a week till I get to ride it myself so I'm looking forward to seeing if its as bad as people have said. I can somehow see me coming out with a positive view of the attraction. 
W@LLI$

I am getting reports that the ride is getting better and better, than it was on opening day, is this true? Cus if so I CAN'T WAIT!  :D
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]