Ticket Offers (Including "The Sun" Promotion) Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MattH

ThemeParkObsessive wrote:
mrbrightside wrote: Be aware (to the people sending off two batches) that the T's & C's explicitly state that there may only be ONE application per household and that multiple applications from the same household void all that households applications (or words to that effect).
My mum told me something like that, but my mate's coming for a sleepover then we're going to AT - what do I do?
Simple, get them to apply for the tickets, or make them pay for entrance, in short, do NOT put it under your address again, or you risk having the first lot being voided, and nobody wants that do they ;)
ThemeParkObsessive
Location: Probably on TH13TEEN, but if not, watching The Inbetweeners

Can't I just say he's my brother, as the two tickets have been sent but hes coming with me to the Resort?
http://www.facebook.com/UKThemeParkNews
http://www.youtube.com/ThemeParkObsessive

WARNING - I get angry if people say 'THE NEMESIS', 'THE AIR', 'THE OBLIVION', or 'THE RITA'. :@
pluk

I don't think you get the point. One per household (ie address), does not matter who it is. You need to use someone else's address who has not already applied (and who can give you the tickets when they arrive and not keep them for themselves). I've used things like grandparents addresses in the past with no probs.
Total Unique Ridecount
vic1870

sent 4 forms off to different addresses and not one has come back yet :cry:. Did everyone else send normal post or recorded delivery? Can't wait for tickets to arrive see what dates we're going
carly_cheney

I've not had my tickets back from the sun yet either!
MattH

For those worrying about the tickets not arrive, do not panic, keep in mind, they wanna get out the tickets near the date on the ticket, for example, last year, I got tickets for 09/07/11, and they didnt turn up for ages, I thought I wasnt gonna get any, luckily, this year, I applied for an earlier date, and in turn got the tickets quite fast.

In short, Dont worry about not getting your tickets instantly, you WILL get them eventually, just keep an eye on your postbox.
NickT04

I send off for eight lots!  :lol:
Fiyero

I've applied for the end of the season. Hope they don't take too long as I'll have to book time off work, and hopefully the hotel. Had a great time last year!
spark

NickT04 wrote: I send off for eight lots!  :lol:
I have for 3, and thats 6 stamps! jesus do you work for royal mail lol
ukool

Waiting for myne to come back so i can book the time off work.  :)
Mi-Nigle

Only collected one set of tokens, they arrived today on a good date! :) Much luckier than a couple of years ago.
LiamB26

Got my 2 free tickets for the 27th of April. Already had a tripped booked for the 19th of April so looks like i'll be at Alton Towers twice in 8 days. Sweeeeet! :)
djneice

not sure if i can make it on the date i got, 18/5 :cry:
adrenalinejunkie

Just got my 1st lot. Sunday 20/5. 6 weeks after my annual pass runs out. Perfect. 3 more sets due so fingers crossed for good dates.
djtruefitt

I also got my tickets today, Saturday 26th May which I think was in my first band, Im currently working that weekend but I will swap it and hopefully go on the Saturday with my brother and dad, and the Sunday with some friends using the return for £5 thing.
WillPS

Is the one-per-household rule not enforced then? Or have you done several "on other people's behalf"?

Got both my sets back today anyway. Quick reminder that tomorrow is the last day to send off (with a first class stamp!), although you'll probably only get some obscure dates  now...
Nemmychick
Location: Wished I lived in Alton, but I live on the border of Wales

Sent mine off, for 2 tickets. Going on school trip there as well! BOOYA!
I live, breath and sleep Alton Towers.

I also produce the funniest ORP's in the planet!

Wuv yoooooooo <3
emma_b_321

I got my tickets the other day for 01/05/12, but this is literally the one week that I cannot make!  :cry:

I don't suppose there is anyone in the West Midlands area on here that has tickets for a weekday in either April or May that would like to swap with me?
WillPS

Not in the WM - nvm
Last edited by WillPS on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stern John

I wanted the last 2 weeks of September which I thought would be a dead cert what with the park being fairly quiet and the schools going back. Sadly they gave me Friday 27th April which was my 3rd choice. I can't get that day off. :-(