NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Adam

Am I right in thinking the Ice Age 3D thing is also coming out of that budget?

Anyway I assume around 2 mil has been spent on the "experience" side of things within Sub-Terra. I think we could be in for something special people...! :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
adsyrah

I would have thought a lot of money would have gone on the excavation - I'm pretty sure it's expensive to dig.
James

The combined budget for 2012 is £6 million.

At a guess I can't imagine Ice Age costing more than £1.5 million, so would assume Sub Terra has a budget of £5 million, which isn't great, with excavation included too £5 million is a rather tight budget although given the cheap ride type should go quite far if used wisely.
Boz

my ex's dad works in a company that hauls excavated material, amongst other things, based on what I've picked up from him over the years, a hole of that size would cost 0.5 million at the most to excavate, reinforce and clear. I think this project has a good 1 to 1.5 million on theming and effects being spent, I can only hope that that's right :woo:
barmy_scotty

No one keeping updated anymore?.....  :shock:

Phalanx control tweeted this

< \ : Security protocols initiated ... perimeter checks proceeding ... SECTOR 1 ..... Clear : / >

Maybe there testing the ride or something to do with the que line?...........
J01N U5.... Y0U W1LL 5M173.....

Y0U B370NG T0 TH3 5M1L3R

5M1L3!!!

ALWAY5
Blaze

Not every tweet is worth reporting, certainly not being read into. We've been here before.
CoasterCrazyChris

I like the effort they are putting into the marketing of this ride, but it seems to me these tweets are straying much too far into X-Sector territory in their nature.
Blaze

Not really a problem for me, if that marketing is so well loved, if they imitate it then it can only be a good thing. :)
Big Dave

It was said right, right back that this was very X-sectorish in its wording and idea. I think there might be some connection, but mainly I just think it happens to be just a coincidence that they sound the same, because they both had a high security area controlled form a control centre.
fredward

Can it really be X-Sector-ish if the concept of the phalanx came long before X-Sector?...

It's similar... but I'm just making a pedantic point...
Big Dave

Yeah but in the real world, X-sector had this marketing aka a closed off area, very modern, computerised. Nemesis never had this in its marketing and that's why N:ST is more copying X-sector and not the other way round. Also, I find Phalanx control to be much more undercover, like a small group of people who have little funding and not much is known about them. Like a small group of hackers hacking into systems to get information and/or to keep tabs on Nemesis. They never were a large open/public organisation, but something very secretive.
The Psychoaster

Very nice piece to almost round off the Phalanx 'coverage'

Blaze

Now that's how you market a ride.

Top stuff. Again.

:)
spark

Has anyone been contacted by AT to go and ride this yet?
Adam

Alton Towers Resort’s Nemesis Sub-Terra egg found homeless and unwanted.

Alton Towers Resort’s Nemesis Sub-Terra egg, one of the eggs in London’s The Big Egg Hunt, has caused controversy today for being ‘too scary.’ Already rejected by Canary Wharf, Covent Garden and Primrose Hill, the egg has had numerous doors shut in its face.

The Big Egg Hunt showcases over 200 uniquely crafted eggs, created by leading artists, designers and jewelers and are all scattered around the capital in allocated hidden locations. However, this morning four men in biohazard suits were spotted removing the gruesome Nemesis Sub – Terra alien egg from London’s Carnaby Street after it was deemed too ugly to be homed in one of the capital’s tourist hotspots.

The Nemesis Sub-Terra egg has been created as part of the launch of Alton Towers Resort’s terrifying new attraction, Nemesis Sub-Terra. Opening on 24 March, and unlike anything seen before in the UK, Nemesis Sub-Terra is based upon the alien back-story of the original Nemesis rollercoaster. Nemesis Sub-Terra takes guests into a restricted facility deep underground where a system of hidden caves has been discovered, as it emerges that the Nemesis site, first excavated in 1994, is not all it seems! Even the bravest of thrill seekers in Britain will struggle to keep their cool as the fear of the unknown creeps up on them and they realise their worst nightmare underground!

Katherine Duckworth from Alton Towers Resort commented, “The other eggs are all so beautiful and eye catching, but that’s resulted in this nightmare of our ugly egg becoming homeless.  Several of the locations called us at the last minute to say that our Nemesis Sub-Terra egg was just too repulsive for their area, even if it was hidden! Our egg was always supposed to be scary to represent the theme of the new attraction, but we never expected this kind of backlash ’

The egg is temporarily residing in St Christopher’s Place, but a spokesperson from the area has confirmed that they will not keep the egg for the full 40 days, but how long it’s able to stay is unknown…

For more details on Alton Towers Resort and Nemesis Sub-Terra visit www.altontowers.com/2012
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Dobba

That got a laugh from me at least and a nice continuation of the egg plot :P
Blaze

Oh for the love of science, stop with the 'too scary' bull, please!
Benzin

Sly references to the original story...

SANCTUARY AT LAST!
AstroDan

I like this!

:)
Jordan

I had a walk to St Christopher's Place the other day and saw this, it looks rather good :) I don't think the photos do it justice.

Very nice to see the marketing spilling out into the 'real world', although the choice of London seems a bit peculiar. Most of the people I've spoke to about Towers in London have never been, as they feel it's too far away compared to the parks near to the capital.