Fancy a browse at my AT collection of historical stuff?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
barryzola

Been meaning to take photo's of what's in my collection for a while in-case I get burgled lol (hoping the insurance would pay up for this?).

Anyway, this has been accumulated over many years via various means. Enjoy, if you're into this type of thing:

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/ ... ollection/

Obviously I've gathered much audio and visual stuff but that's not relevant here. Keep meaning to get loads of this stuff onto my site but spare time is still at a minimum.
.Will

Sublime collection, you've done a great job collecting it all and it's great that you are sharing it too in your videos and now the photo updates it's something to look forward to and a good source of information.

Thank you for the photo's, and well if you feel worried about getting burgled then I suggest some form of safe? Maybe even a vault, hey while you are at it why not seal it. ;)
barryzola

Thanks mate. I do my best to share any uniquely interesting stuff that I find, either on my site or on here (over the years). A safe is probably a really good idea to be fair. That's a really good suggestion.

I've accumulated it bit by bit over about 7-8 years plus the bits that i had already as i was luckily enough to be taken to the towers in the 80's/90's. I do endeavour to bring as much from my sources onto my site and onto TT etc but time holds me back.
lozzyhickers

Superb collection you have there!
Have you thought of getting it valued? It might be worth getting insured.
Anthony

"Britain's stately home...that's anything but stately".

I like that one!

Really cool stuff, thanks for sharing!
barryzola

lozzyhickers wrote: Superb collection you have there!
Have you thought of getting it valued? It might be worth getting insured.
I hadn't really thought of getting it valued. It would be quite hard I would have thought to value every item as prices fluctuate on Ebay etc. I could value it but I would be looking at top end prices lol. Where would I take such a collection to get it valued? Thanks for the nice comments : )
lozzyhickers

barryzola wrote:
I hadn't really thought of getting it valued. It would be quite hard I would have thought to value every item as prices fluctuate on Ebay etc. I could value it but I would be looking at top end prices lol. Where would I take such a collection to get it valued? Thanks for the nice comments : )
Well normal antique dealers can value such things, obviously they will be a little bit out as enthusiasts would pay more. Antiques roadshow would be a good bet!
Last edited by lozzyhickers on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barryzola

Can't be doing with going on the telly : ) Probably wouldn't make it to the final TV cut anyway haha.

I'm gonna have a look into getting it valued now though.
lozzyhickers

Good, because it's probably worth quite alot!