2012: Nemesis - What Lies Beneath - Part 1

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Khalichanan

I can see a flat ride coming to Towers, whether in the black hole tent or in Dark Forest. Can't really see Enterprise or Submission getting replaced just yet, but I could be wrong...I hope I'm wrong!
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""Benzin""]Not gonna hold my breath for a new coaster next year... Would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen what with SW7 literally around the corner...

Of course, I'm not gonna rule out a coaster replacement for Beastie... But really next year should literally be a focus on X-Sector (with some form of dark ride in the Black Hole Tent) and Storybookland/Adventureland...[/quote]

Well we got Nemesis and Runaway Mine Train within two years of each other and Rita a year after Spinball...so anything is possible!

X-Sector for 2012 though!

:)
PeteMadden

It appears we are going to see the reopening of the Black Hole Tent, I'd love to know what's going in there!
Dormiens-Dave

Scarefest Scenery is kept in the Black Hole tent so we may see activity going on in there during September but there are no clear indications Black Hole tent is the focus of 2012
Jon

With the removal of Corkscrew, Alton definitely need a straight-talking coaster which reaffirms to guests what the "norm" is, upon which crazy coaster variants such as Air and Thirteen are based. They need something with a bit of force, something that really throws you around, as opposed to something which you have to "get". I'm not saying roller coasters with a bit of identity to them is a bad thing, its just that too much identity and not enough substance makes for disappointment (which, to some riders, is what Thirteen is).

So say they got a eurofighter (or something similar) minus the over-vertical drop (which would take the edge of Saw, and to a greater extent Oblivion), that delivers the thrills but may not be as visually striking as other rides. Why not, then, bung it in the tent? Darkness hides to the appeal and hides the fact that Alton are adding a coaster which may not be as technically superb as it could be. Afterall, technical superbness does not make a ride fantastic, necessarily, and any "worlds firsts" should be left to 2013.

The reason I go into detail here is more to put up an argument that we shouldn't rule out a coaster next year. It's unlikely, given 2013 plans, but still.
Formerly "Dagoo"
.Will

I agree Jon. Whilst Alton Towers have some beautifully individual rides (or at least when they were built) they need some more 'standard' looking rides to even things up. I am not complaining about the rides at AT but a few smaller 'regular' rides might be nice and leave the SW rides every set number of years.

Nathan

Dynamo site.
Voke

[quote=""Nathan""]Dynamo site.[/quote]

May I ask how you're able to give us all information about Future Developements at Alton?

Your comments are quite outright, where do you get your information from? 8-[
.Will

Maybe it was just a suggestion Voke.

:wink:
Voke

[quote="".Will""]Maybe it was just a suggestion Voke.

:wink:[/quote]

But he has posted various other peices of information about future events around the Forum aswell. Such as The Black Hole Tent being used for The Boiler House, and the Conference Centre Marque being used for Carnival Of Screams, and i'm intrigued to know where he's getting this information from. :)
.Will

Many apologies Voke I hadn't read that topic but I have seen another one of Nathans revealing posts and am intrigued myself!

:P
Rob L

I have also heard rumours of something on the Dynamo site for next year, something more "experience" based with a finale involving a ride of some sorts. Of course this may not be true, it is just something I have heard.

themealgang

[quote=""Rob""]I have also heard rumours of something on the Dynamo site for next year, something more "experience" based with a finale involving a ride of some sorts. Of course this may not be true, it is just something I have heard.

:)[/quote]

With 2013 being a major coaster, I think this idea seems too ambitious but who knows.

Personally, I would love a family friendly flat ride... and something that can't be found at a travelling fair(!) :D

Whatever comes next year though, I'm not expecting too much and I suspect it might be something low key. They may surprise us as 2 major additions have been added in a space of 2 years in the past. Don't forget in 2004 we got a coaster in the form of Sonic, then a major coaster again the following season with Rita.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
djtruefitt

We didnt get anything this year (unless you count dead craps as an attraction) so really we need two good attractions to make up for it next year. One children/family ride and one thrill ride.
thefatone

Would not be surprised if we got something in dynamo site, considering the rumours surrounding the other two flats in the area.
Big C

Dynamo site will hold a new attraction for next year. As the Climbing walls and trampolines contract runs out this year

Flats are the most probable option. Popular options include a top scan or a supernova.

Other options Towers are looking at is a Mack Youngstar with a heavy theme based upon a kids version of Nemeisis of some sort (i fail to see how this will work but hey).

Take of it what you will... A top scan is the most probable option at the moment.
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
themealgang

A Topscan would be awesome, but I cant see it happening. At the Thirteen event, we were promised IF something was built in 2012, it would be a "family thrill". A Topscan is a far cry from that!

We know that the Black Hole tent was under consideration for a 2012 attraction. I can see something on the cards that will be a family thrill in there for now. The big guns are released in 2013 and we already know thats going to be huge.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Blaze

They said if the old BH site was not used this time round it would be after SW7. They said 2015, which fits in with Merlin's three year cycle.
AstroDan

Remember the old prophecy?

New for 2008... Gone is the lava lump... And in its place... Is the L~~~A!

;)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
BigAl

People are saying that the poster detailing a possible new ride on the Flume site think it might be for SW7 but what if the poster is just a teaser to stir enthusiasts and the truth in it is that actually the new attraction will be next year and will actually be a retheme of the Flume to make it fit in with the rest of Mutiny Bay?