Alton Towers 3D Models

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
spin_doctor

Hi,

So I've started making some 3D models for Alton Towers rides in the past few weeks after I completed a recreation of Ripsaw when I was bored. Its the type of model I most enjoy making, So I've decided to create a thread where I will upload photos of my progress in making other 3D Alton Towers Rides. Hopefully one day a programmer will come along and buy my models and make a next gen graphics ride simulator, that's just me wishful thinking :lol: , anyways, if your interested, here's a few shots of my Ripsaw Model, I didnt texture it as I'm not experienced enough in texturing yet, I am currently about to start working on a textured Oblivion Shuttle model, So I will upload my progress as I do it.

Also if anyone is interested in buying any of my models for game design or animation projects, they are available for purchase on TurboSquid, username - kevinmalone1
DiogoJ42

Wow! that is seriously impressive mate!
:clap:
Now what do you plan to do with these? It would be criminal, in my opinion, not to convert them for use in RCT :lol:
spin_doctor

I think they are too polygon intensive for RCT however, when No Limits 2 comes out, I will beable to make amazing recreations If I create a full stock of coaster trains, tracks and scenery =)

My main motivation for making them is for sale on TurboSquid, I have sold a lot already, got knows what people use them for but Im not complaining. For those who dont know, Turbosquid is like, ebay but for 3D models.
.Will

Whoop! Extremily impressive. Really really well done, can't wait to see some more of your work.

My dream would be for a modeling company (such as Dragon or even Airfix) to do models of themepark rides. It is a dream and a dream only but I think they would look fantastic and your Topspin is amazing it reminds me of an unpainted model. Would look great sitting next to my tank collection!

:P
DiogoJ42

The more I look at them, the more impressive they are. =P~

EDIT:

Will, I take it you are aware of Faller's range of fair models?
[url=http://www.rileyv.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/faller.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rileyv.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/faller.htm[/url]
.Will

No I wasn't Diogo. They are impressve. Well that is Christmas sorted out.

Thanks.

:mrgreen:
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Now, THAT'S dedication, how long did it take to make them?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
spin_doctor

That particular one took me 3 days =)
siralgenon

WOW! That's seriously amazing! Wish I could do something like that! :D :clap:
Jonny.F

Fantastic work there! Now this is seriously good, I can now say I am highly anticipating more. And if you can get this stuff into NL2 then it could make the game even more impressive from what I've seen.

Just out of interest what are you modelling these on? I can't imagine I'd ever get around to doing something so detailed but it's nice to know anyway.

Really well done again :D
spin_doctor

Thanks everyone for your compliments.

[quote=""Jonny.F""]
Just out of interest what are you modelling these on? I can't imagine I'd ever get around to doing something so detailed but it's nice to know.[/quote]

It's modelled in 3DS Max and rendered with mental ray, I just got Vray so my Oblivion shuttle that I'm currently working on will be rendered in Vray. :)
fredward

Looks amazing! Really does, very lifelike! Makes me look forward to proparlly getting into my Games Art & Animation course and learning professional 3DS max even more! lol! I take it you were using 3DS max or Maya?

Was also wondering, Do you get a lot of people purchasing models? Wondering, because I am incredibly low on money and struggling to find a job! So once I learn 3DS max, it'll be great if I could sell my creations! never heard of TurboSquid till now! Thanks!
spin_doctor

To be honest no, I am sometimes pleasantly surprised when someone purchases something expensive, I have recently reduced all my prices in attempt to get more sales
and it's working but It isn't really a way to earn an income as it isn't
consistent, it's all about making things people need, I made Ripsaw for
fun, people have bought it, if your able to commit to making about 3 models a week, you will have an extensive collection large enough to make a steady income, a lot of professionals on turbosquid have made in excess of $25000. If you have the patience, give it a go. :mrgreen:
fredward

thanks for the reply! I do love making models and have been doing so for a few years, although I mainly use Sketchup right now, (noobish I know, but you gotta start somewhere! :lol: ), I've learnt a bit of Maya, and am just about to start learning how to use 3DS max, but it'll be great to have a goal of a small amount of pocket money! :P

A quick browse of the site showed that an aircraft carrier sold for about $1000 odd, so if your good it sounds like a good bit of money! lol!
Thorpefandan

Wow. I can't really go in depth about modelling like other member have, but wow. That is some sublime skill you have there. It's a testament to your skill that they're beautiful to look at whilst untextured.

I cannot wait until more :clap:
It\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bobs radio show.

spin_doctor

[quote=""Thorpefandan""]Wow. I can't really go in depth about modelling like other member have, but wow. That is some sublime skill you have there. It's a testament to your skill that they're beautiful to look at whilst untextured.

I cannot wait until more :clap:[/quote]

With the Oblivion Train, Im recording the whole project then I will upload it to Youtube sped up so you all can watch it from start to finish.
.Will

[quote=""spin_doctor""]
With the Oblivion Train, Im recording the whole project then I will upload it to Youtube sped up so you all can watch it from start to finish.[/quote]

That sounds really epic. Can't wait to see the Oblivion shuttle.

It will be as awesome as Diogo's lego model.

:P
Big Dave

You really should try turning these into full on ride simulators and then sell the game. Even if the game only retailed at £15-£20, Im sure loads would buy it mean loads of £££ for you :)
spin_doctor

[quote=""Big Dave""]You really should try turning these into full on ride simulators and then sell the game. Even if the game only retailed at £15-£20, Im sure loads would buy it mean loads of £££ for you :)[/quote]

Believe me, If I had the slightest clue how to make stuff like that I would haha, I wouldnt know where to start with programming a simulator, I would love to do that, You never know, a programmer might stumble upon my models one day and wish to collaborate :P

Quick question, does Oblivion have the logo in the centre of the back row same as the front row? I know it has the black panel but cant find a photo of it showing if it has the logo on it or not.
Child 'O' Nemmy

1st Post! Truly amazing work, Love it ! Maybe a Nemesis alien soon?