2012: Nemesis - What Lies Beneath - Part 1

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Dormiens-Dave

The thing with towers is we may never see plans as lots of the park is covered by the GDO... So the marketing team are at liberty to release information in their own time... Though it would be logical that the main thrust of the plan will be set by now
Adam

Most big attractions would still have plans submitted.

It only tends to be the small things that don't require it.

You know what the locals are like. Grumpy arses.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Tom G

Aye it's just a low-height flat and/or something in the Black Hole tent at a guess.
Adam James

[quote=""Tom G""]Aye it's just a low-height flat and/or something in the Black Hole tent at a guess.[/quote]

Any takers for a new seahorse exhibit at Sharkbait Reef? .. No-one? :P
oldgitBEN

moar crabs plz
James

Chav tank in Sharkbait reef please, throw them all in.
RustyRider

Introducing for 2012 a worlds first...THE BULLY.

"get ready for this pant wettingly scary topspin that straps you in, holds you upside down and shakes you violently until your pockets are empty, then get ready for the waterjets to kick in to simulate bogwashing" :P
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
dominoes

^Lol :lol: . "Seatbelts tighten and loosen randomly to simulate being kicked in the stomach"...
fredward

Surely if they were to construct a small roller-coaster in the black hole tent they wouldn't need that much (or any) planning permission, meaning they could keep the whole project secret?

Just thinking that maybe the black hole tent is still an option for 2012.
RustyRider

I see your point there fredward, but unfortunately you can't just build something just because it's under covers, everything needs to go through council planning and permission, it needs to be online for the public, and more importantly, them pesky locals...

I'm not sure id you'd need permission for placin something new in the tent, but younwould
Definately need permission for the new signs etc on the outside.
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Blaze

Planning permission won't be nearly as difficult as it was for Thirteen, but they'll still need it.
Adam

I think to be honest, in X-Sector, planning permission regarding sound would be a more major factor. Especially inside the Black Hole tent.

I'm seeing maybe a 4D ride. Simulator...something like that.

How about a ride system similar to the new ride at London Dungeons...? Could fit quite nicely in that tent. On a bigger scale obviously to fit the throughput required. I dunno just spit balling... :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Dormiens-Dave

The black hole tent may come under the GDO which covers a lot of the right side of the park... If so they wouldnt need planning permission for a ride unless it steps outside the GDO... This is why Rita and Spinball didnt require planning
seanyboyuk

A story based compact coaster could go in there i suppose and use wild mouse sized track to fit lots of block sections etc to get a large throughput on the whole ride at once, if made correctly it could be made huge in the tent.
starbugger1303

I don't know if this is of any use but I saw, a van passing through Alton today and it said on the side, "Magic Inside" with Alton Towers Logos on the side.

Wonder what it could be, probably for Merlin studios North. Interesting non the less! :D
.Will

I'm pretty sure that will just be routine. I wouldn't take it for too much. If it was a lorry, especially if it was white, then it might be something more substantial.

:)
AstroDan

Crategate wouldn't go amiss.

I'll be majorly disappointed if one of the black hole, ice tent or lava lump site isn't used for a ride next year.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
ReZourceman

n00b question : What and where is the Lava Lump?
Crofty

It's the Climbing Wall that was in UG Land and now resides in Forbidden Valley where Astrodancer and the Beastie once were. :D
stretchy

[quote=""starbugger1303""]I don't know if this is of any use but I saw, a van passing through Alton today and it said on the side, "Magic Inside" with Alton Towers Logos on the side.

Wonder what it could be, probably for Merlin studios North. Interesting non the less! :D[/quote]

was this the van? If so you regularly see it around.
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]