2012: Nemesis - What Lies Beneath - Part 1

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
ryanlovesaltontowers

Ive always though that maybe a Mack WaterCoaster would be suitable for inside the old blackhole tent, using Mack's vertical lift system. The track could follow a similar layout to the old Blackhole and have various effects including the splash down at the end. The station could be of similar themeing to Oblivion's (minus Fanta advertising) with like said previously the Lord of Darkness warning rider in the queue of accidents that could happen and how the water could be acidic and things like that. The vertical lift could feature pipes, lit orange with bubble flowing up them and the splash down should be in complete darkness (like the flume's second drop) the track could also travel backward for a small section of the ride.
Blaze

Have you seen the size of watercoaster track? It's far to big really.

I can't see anything other than standard size bi-rail track and a standard coaster, otherwise there just won't be enough room without them removing the tent.
Nightfall

[quote=""Blaze""]change it so that guests are invited on a tour, but in actual fact it's not a tour, but part of the experiment, then that would be pretty great.[/quote] I Love this idea. I've recently been looking into alternatives to the "Oh no! Something’s wrong" ride scenario and this is one of the best I've heard. So very Portal.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Blaze

Infact, if it was to be a shuttle, doing it 'backward' like Moonsault Scramble would be insane. Going up the lift forwards, then suddenly falling backwards into the layout would be a huge shock for riders.
.Will

It sounds stupid but like if you say Blaze you go up the lift hill and see the drop sort of fallen away and twisted track on the drop and then you fall backwards through the station and then back. Make it a shuttle coaster but make it look like a normal coaster that is falling down or dilapidated. It would be good in the Dark Florist, but now my mind is running away with me.

:P
Mi-Nigle

Sharkbait Reef 2012 anyone? :P

Coke

Yeah, but Merlin's version wouldn't include the fruit bowl, drinks or admission to the park or Sharkbait Reef, you'd need to buy the new Merlin Ultra Deluxe Super Premium OMG Annual Pass to get that... at a 1% discount.

Are you thirsty?
fredward

with the Merlin version you'd even need to pay extra for the fish!
Adam

They'd probably charge you for the lighting now too...
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
starbugger1303

Sorry if this has been posted before but ill post it anyway.

Its good to know there's something new next year :)
MinteButtons

I'm guessing it's the new World's first 11 inverting coaster. Specially designed to remove all money from your person.
Last edited by MinteButtons on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshc807

[quote=""starbugger1303""]Sorry if this has been posted before but ill post it anyway.

Its good to know there's something new next year :)[/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me if Alton Towers saw the comments and thought 'Omg they're expecting more than one ride! Why would they think that? Were not made of money' :lol:
Blaze

Great bit of PR there, announicng a new attraction via Facebook comment. #-o
.Will

[quote=""Blaze""]Great bit of PR there, announicng a new attraction via Facebook comment. #-o[/quote]

](*,)

There is a difference between humouring people to create some hype and announicng a new attraction.

:roll:
Adam James

I'm going to be honest here, I think it is only a generic marketing reply. What they meant really is 'We'd love to tell you - but not even we know yet, so we'll try and hype things up anyway.' :P
Blaze

Actually, this is the first time they've mentioned any new attraction for next season. Before this they'd hinted they were planning on something, but now, for the first time, it's "We know what the new ride is, we just won't tell you yet", and they've done it via a comment on the FB post of someone who can't spell properly.
Dormiens-Dave

2012's attraction will be planned by now, at the last customer council last year they made comment about how they where working on it so i imagine it should be reasonably well developed by now.
ReZourceman

Breaking news fresh from Alton Towers official website. Its been taken down, but luckily I saved it before they removed it.

siralgenon

New for 2o12!

Runaway [s:2zwkkvu8]Mine Train[/s:2zwkkvu8] Wallet!

"Please don't secure any loose articles such as camera's, phone's or wallets - all items we been captured by nets and be ready for collection on ebay!" wooop wooop, oh yer! :D
Last edited by siralgenon on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpefandan

Oh thanks Rez! Lucky someone got in there quick ;)

There's a lot of difference between saying "Great new attraction" and actually having proper palpable plans. Thorpe have been saying "Awesome new fright nights attraction" for 2011 for a while now, and they hasn't made a final decision last thursday.
It\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bobs radio show.