Alton Towers Resort - Music and Videos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
captain

Weirdest thing in the entire world.

In The Hall Of The Mountain King synthesised using the SCREAMS OF CHILDREN.

I have no idea what to say.
[align=center]Santa Clara[/align]
simonjonnemeth

Hi, as i'm sure many of you have done, I'm building a compilation of Alton Towers ride & area music from throughout the ages for something to listen to as I'm going to the Towers on Monday. I was just wondering if anyone here had the full haunted house theme (before Duel) as I can't seem to find it anywhere. On hauntedone.co.uk half of the links are broken so I cant get it from there. I know some of you will have it from the old 1994 music CD that contained both Haunted House and Toyland Tours themes. If you have it or know where to find it, please reply on this thread or PM me the links. Thx.
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

In the Hall of the Mountain King clip from The Social Network.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... re=related[/url]
Islander

[quote=""captain""]Weirdest thing in the entire world.

In The Hall Of The Mountain King synthesised using the SCREAMS OF CHILDREN.

I have no idea what to say.[/quote]
Err... well, 'WTF' springs to mind... :?
barryzola

Just done a new vid on the history of the train station in Alton Village with loads of footage and old pics. Couldn't find any existing ones so could be a first? Maybe i didn't look hard enough?

Be sure to cross the advertising rubbish at the bottom off at first as usual (usual youtube stuff).

The tracks are Downstream by Supertramp and Peace Fugue by Fred Wesley if anyone was interested.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

Enjoy maybe? :)

By the way, it's watchable in full screen. Probably better in-between small and full though?

Edit - Expand works very well (middle size).
starbugger1303

Thanks for that video, i have never been down there even though i am about 5 minute walk from it!
Yes I am that lazy! :D
barryzola

New vid i've put on my youtube channel.

From c 1988 a 20 min long TV programme with Alton Towers as the backdrop. Features scenes around the park, inside the towers, rides at the end etc. One of the weirdest things i've seen for a while feat Alton :)

Features Christopher Biggins and a young Peter Barlow off Corrie which is even more weird.

Get a cup of tea and enjoy :)

Last edited by barryzola on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djtruefitt

That has to be one of the most strangest kids tv shows ever. The whole thing was just very weird. I love how at the very start the coach just drives straight up in front of the monorail station where all the public wait. Its also nice to see the park in its closed season with nothing happening.
barryzola

It's also funny to see Peter Barlow operating the whole park from the Cable Car control room apparently :P
djtruefitt

Yes I did notice that at the end with the POMA logo on the control panel! Im guessing that would be at towers street side?
barryzola

[quote=""djtruefitt""]Yes I did notice that at the end with the POMA logo on the control panel! Im guessing that would be at towers street side?[/quote]

Hmmm, not sure myself as i'm not too much into the whole technical and ride op stuff. I'm sure some whizz kid will know though. At a random guess i'd suggest Forbidden Valley as it's the one in the middle of the system...but i'm probably wrong :)
Jordan

[quote=""djtruefitt""]Yes I did notice that at the end with the POMA logo on the control panel! Im guessing that would be at towers street side?[/quote]

The Skyride control room is at the Forbidden Valley station, it's the big glass window on the side of the station going to Cloud Cuckoo Land.

:-)
barryzola

Couple of short video's on my site again here. I'd guess these are unseen.

New zoo in 1959 in the Courtyard/Terrace:

1981 Log flume footage:

:)

+ 1957 Gardens vid -

starbugger1303

Who would like the Pirate Training camp music from the Courtyard?

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?441hg4vfh9840s8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.mediafire.com/?441hg4vfh9840s8[/url]

:D
barryzola

Sorry to bore you but i've made another new video. This time on the history of the Dovecote/Pigeon house (dates back to the 1840's) that 1000's of visitors walk within metres of every day, but hardly any would know it is there : )

towers freak

Found a youtube channel yesterday with quite alot of AT adverts i've never seen before. Here are afew links

1992 RMT advert
(With the voice of none other than Rennie Krupinski AKA oblivion's lord of darkness)

1997 Ripsaw Advert

Nemesis Teaser Blipvert
Adam

[quote=""towers freak""]Found a youtube channel yesterday with quite alot of AT adverts i've never seen before. Here are afew links

1992 RMT advert
(With the voice of none other than Rennie Krupinski AKA oblivion's lord of darkness)
http://youtu.be/BJ4wIDGeuSg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1997 Ripsaw Advert
http://youtu.be/gpYwBOI8k0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nemesis Teaser Blipvert
http://youtu.be/etgs6OwzkEA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

Wow. Never realised nemesis blipverts exist!

Thanks for posting! :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
torps2351

it doesnt exist, its just the start of the main advert.

40sec long - not sure if it was ever broadcast - just used on park videos
ATJoseph

Hi everyone i have decided to make my own alton towers advert
Its got an overveiw of the main rides at alton towers
Air,Nemesis,Oblivion and Rita
You can find it here: View My Video
I Hope it works

Your wellcome to comment and share your own adverts !
Last edited by ATJoseph on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoasterCrazyChris

Anyone know whats actually being said in the Oblivion queue line audio, I know its something like... "people are standing too close to the perimeter fence". :?

:)