Irritating ride music/voiceovers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
gazag

hate:-
CATCF music apart from when willy wonka says "the nut room" very enthusiastically
new rita vice, the "go,go,go" just dosent work. change it to "get out" or "run" then it would work alot better
lasar sounds in duel, i just don't like the idea of zombies with lasers, still a stupid idea
th13teens twig cracking, i understand that its meant to represent the wood moving but its to loud and massively unrealistic

love:-
nemesis full story theme music
AIR dispatch lady, so sexy
hex story and music, especially in the final chamber
the RCTish entrance music
altons scarefest entrance music and basically most there music for scarefest
the que music from the flume, so danceable
from long ago when oblivion used to say at the top "don't look down" then drop
James

Love: The Octagon room in Hex with "A vault sealed for two centuries" with the slight echo, sends chills down me all the time.

Hate: New Rita voice. When he says "you must escape" it sounds very disjointed, it's like he's unsure of what he's saying. Whether that's deliberate or not it just doesn't sound good at all.
NastyPasty

How about Twirling Toadstool's 'I'm a JUMPING JELLYBEAN'?
I mean, we rofled at that the first time - and then again in the monorail. What the heck is a Jumping Jellybean anyway? :?: :?: :?:
Keep on whistlin', folks.

siralgenon

I can't stand the Farmyard music its just annoying and sounds like an explosion in a barn.

(BTW gazag how does the Towers Street music sound like something off RCT3? lol :D
Rowe

[quote=""siralgenon""]I can't stand the Farmyard music its just annoying and sounds like an explosion in a barn.[/quote]

The music in the Singing Barn is absolutely dreadful, it hurt my ears the last time I went through, but the Farmyard Theme on the other hand I do like quite a bit.

I like the new voice for Rita in comparison to everybody else; Yes it's disjointed but the way it's said is creepy and fits in with the Dark Forest. I can see why the voice isn't highly rated but I agree to disagree.

Spinball, both themes, irritate the heck out of me. I can't stand being in the queues because of it and so I tend not to ride it as much as I used to. Being around the area is fine as it isn't so loud.
gazag

[quote=""siralgenon""]
(BTW gazag how does the Towers Street music sound like something off RCT3? lol :D[/quote]

i never said RCT3 lol, im my eyes RCT3 isnt a true RCT anyway but i digress. i mean the music from RCT1 and 2
Big Dave

Kinda off topic, but I have noticed in Feb half term that they have turned some of Oblivions audio back up and you can kinda hear the woman saying something along the lines of:

"Candidate 242 is standing to close to a perimeter fence and is entering a restricted area."

You use to be able to hear it really clearly, but its still only just playing and cannot be heard very well. Needs turning up a tad more I think.

Also the Oblivion lady is back with her "Oblivion beckons in T-minus 5 minutes...".

Congrats on actually brining it back though :D :clap:

Edit: Might say operative 242 as seen in this link Skip to 6.56
Kinetic NRG

[quote=""Rowe""][quote=""siralgenon""]I can't stand the Farmyard music its just annoying and sounds like an explosion in a barn.[/quote]

The music in the Singing Barn is absolutely dreadful, it hurt my ears the last time I went through, but the Farmyard Theme on the other hand I do like quite a bit.[/quote]

I must say though its rather fun pressing all the buttons at the same time :D

[quote=""Big Dave""]Kinda off topic, but I have noticed in Feb half term that they have turned some of Oblivions audio back up and you can kinda hear the woman saying something along the lines of:

"Candidate 242 is standing to close to a perimeter fence and is entering a restricted area."

You use to be able to hear it really clearly, but its still only just playing and cannot be heard very well. Needs turning up a tad more I think.[/quote]

Is this the same audio loop that used to talk about a ride car going missing i the tunnel ... maybe it stalled :lol:
Big Dave

Nope that was played in the snack shop thingy near the drop zone. This is played in the actual queueline.
Jubby

I loved the new Rita audio - you must escape, GO GO GO!

Me and the missus still say it when we need to get somewhere quick!

Love 13 aswell.
ryansstuff

i love the 13 breakdown announcement would love that so much very well done.
And the duel announcements are great.
Free flash games website: http://rybofun.com/
Roller Coaster mad: http://www.rollercoastermad.com
gosling

Nope can't handle the Nemesis voiceover. Sounds like a bad wedding DJ. All that great atmosphere and then it's ruined by the worlds cheesiest, unscary voice. Sad times. We always have a chuckle at it.
~ Good try but not this time ~
Hark

Keep your heads back and hold on tight we're counting down get those engines revving.
SIMR

I absolutely love the 2010 Katanga Canyon music, it makes me smile everytime I hear it and is the most vivid (music) memory from Alton. I also really like Th13teen's soundtrack, all bloody 17 minutes of it.
Magrathea

I've been sat here for quite a while trying to work out if there's any Alton music I actually find irritating :P.
The only thing I can think of right now is the "Earl Trigger" from Haunted Hollow, when it's going off every 2 seconds, but other than that, and Spinball's yuckyness (I actually liked WOOHOOO! :oops:) I love most of Alton's audio :).
Instant Mix

OBLIVION

Now , I'm addicted to drum & bass , and I can see why they chose that style of music for when Oblivion was opened as it was only really getting out of the underground then.
However , by god , that is the worst drum & bass I've ever heard.
The sax inclusion is horrible , the strings could be greatly improved , and by god the whole track just needs remastering.

should get someone like Loki or Sprawl to make a new track
SAW_gameover

Worst ride announcement by FAR... "Nemesisssssssss"

Seriously, what a cheesy, unscary voice :( Kills the atmosphere, in my opinion.

Oh, and the new Rita announcement. It's crap. I'll leave it at that :D
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource