Fastrack, Website, ERT & Brochures 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Coke

New website - http://www.altontowers.com/

Fastrack
Scream - £10.00
Rita - £5.00
Dark Forest - £10.00 (TH13TEEN + RITA)
Adventurer - £6.00
Ultimate - £42.00
Platinum - £84.00

2011 Hotel check-in brochure
http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFile ... e-2011.pdf
+Main resort brochure not uploaded yet

Fireworks
Confirmed - 4-6 November

ERT
Early Ride Time
Please note - Early Ride Time is not available during Scarefest, and February Half-Term and 1-7 November 2011. Enjoy a selection of the most popular rides and attractions 1 hr before the park opens. For 2011, Early Ride Time includes the following rides and attractions:
Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE
Oblivion
Hex
Heave Ho
Marauder's Mayhem
Nemesis
Runaway Mine Train
Sonic Spinball

Enjoy :D
Last edited by Coke on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you thirsty?
James

I'd go as far to say this is the best rebrand of the resort since the Magic. The website is now spot on, while it's been set out mostly the same it has a less cluttered look. The drop down menus are a great introduction too. Makes finding what you need easier.

Love the new lettering style, they are bright and eye catching although not as vile as the 2007 lettering.

I’ve never liked any of the rebrands, the last style used just didn’t do it for me, I don’t mind the gold pipes but they were used way too much. I do hope we see this marketing stay for a good few years as overall I’m extremely pleased with how the marketing team have done this.

It's nice to see they've finally got the virtual tours back up for the hotels! They have got some great virtual tours on file and just have never integrated them onto the sites, so happy they have.

Edit: OH MY GOD! Ride videos!111!1! For all of the major rides! Look at the animated logo at the start. The Magic. Is. Back.

Another Edit: Ride logos, reviews - they've done everything I've been wanting on that site for years. Yesss! Right that's enough of edits now. :P

:D
ryanlovesaltontowers

I love the animated Alton Towers logo at the start of the videos with the electricity flowing around it.
Adam

Due to rubbish servers, the new site has been taken off for now. Will be back up later today.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
pillsburyb

[quote="".Adam""]Due to rubbish servers, the new site has been taken off for now. Will be back up later today.[/quote]

I was just about to ask when it will be back up.

I want to book a stay at the hotel and I was going to use the website tonight.
PeteB

Ride videos and I believe there will be some footage of the fireworks on the events page - remember the pro film crew they had in for it?

Everything is looking very impressive so far (despite the lack of new attractions), and who is this mysterious Andrea Fox?
Chris W

Andrea Fox seems to be the person who has been doing the marketing stuff whilst the new head of marketing was being chosen. I don't think she is the new Morwenna, just the person who has been temporarily in charge.
She was also in the brussell sprouts press release before christmas.

I haven't seen the new website yet, but I think the addition of ride videos is a brilliant idea.
I had an idea very similar to this back in the summer, but it looks like I've been beaten to it. :wink:
Big Dave

Lol their site has gone back down again today :lol:

EDIT: Its back and I like it. Very fun looking and has that more immersive feel instead of the highly bland old style.
Last edited by Big Dave on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voke

Haven't managed to see the new website yet, but from the intial design from the Facebook deal, it does look rather good. Glad to hear the Firework's are back, and all we need know is the 2011 brochure to be released. Then we're ready for yet another season of Alton Tower's magic!
Big Dave

Yeah alot of the site is not working, looks like they are doing more work on it as we speak, but it does look good from what I can see.
Crofty

can only seem to access the Home page at the moment but it does look very nice. I Like the Towers Nerd style back ground :P and I'm glad the pipe borders have gone.
siralgenon

Looks great and I love the new writing style! I think they're keeping the same logo's as last year?
(BTW it's back off again 3:52)
ryanlovesaltontowers

does anyone know of the font thats used for their text?
Adam

The font used is called: Mother Hen AOE. :)
Blaze

Hang on, why is the Dark Forest pass £10? Should there not be some kind of discount on it if we assume that Thirteen would cost the same as Rita? And Rita and Thirteen are not worth the same as Nemesis, Oblivion and Air, so it's a bit of a rip-off for the DF pass, and £20 to jump 5 queues is terrible.

However, it's about time they got a new site and it looks nice. Hopefully it actually works this time.
thefatone

I spose they're doing it to simply make money, makes sense rather than completely selling out of £5 thirteen fastracks to have them together, so it's still same price per ride to last year, but less demand.

But as we should all know on here, it wasn't worth buying a thirteen fastrack at all last year, and ritas queue was generally tiny most of the year. So, who here honestly will be buying it? ;)
siralgenon

I think they will get away with a £10 Dark Forest Fastrack because TH13TEEN & Rita have two of the longest/slowest moving queue's in the park.
theoblivion

this is a screen shot of the new altontowers.com website i dont know how but i managed to get past the COMING SOON! page :)

Adam

It's been up and down all day. Seems their server can't handle the traffic flow.
siralgenon

:!: ATTENTION :!:
EMPEROR'S GRILL has been listed in the new brochure as new for 2011! Under Food & Drink!

(p.s .Adam, how did you make your 2011 signature?)
Last edited by siralgenon on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.