YourDay: News and Updates

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
.Will

[quote=""Islander""][quote=""SEALIFE""]Do Towers actually make any money off this scheme now well there own version of it? Or has it all gone pear shapped?[/quote]
From what I saw of it last season, it seemed very popular. Shop was always rammed at the end of the day.

...of course, I've no idea how much it costs them, and how much they make, but based on purchase numbers and unqualified fan speculation alone, I would guess they are making money, yes.[/quote]

Wouldn't YourDay pay for the site rental as well? I presume AT would have a percentage of the YourDay profits, are YourDay a separate company or are they part of Merlin?

:?
Ritadz

Does anyone know if they plan on adding the system to 13?
Islander

I doubt it, though that's just a guess. I can't see them expanding the existing system any time soon.

[quote="".Will""]Wouldn't YourDay pay for the site rental as well? I presume AT would have a percentage of the YourDay profits, are YourDay a separate company or are they part of Merlin?

:?[/quote]
YourDay the company went bust a few years ago. AT bought the equipment from the liquidators, and started running it again last year, without the YourDay branding, so now it's fully run by AT themselves.

...or so I thought. Looking at my receipt, it's potentially run under a sub-company called "AT Video Capture Ltd.", though they cite Magic HQ as their headquarters, and also quote a URL - [url=http://www.atvc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.atvc.co.uk[/url] - which is currently unused. That URL is, however, registered to a personal individual, who identifies themselves as "advanced leisure technologies plc". Hmm. Odd...
.Will

I know that is a little odd, I didn't know that YourDay collapsed; I still thought it was a separate company. Thanks Islander!

:D
Adam

[quote="".Will""]I know that is a little odd, I didn't know that YourDay collapsed; I still thought it was a separate company. Thanks Islander!

:D[/quote]

Did you not realize when they changed the name from YourDay...? :lol:

I'm sure it'll be back this season, it seemed quite profitable last year.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Jordan

[quote=""Islander""]Looking at my receipt, it's potentially run under a sub-company called "AT Video Capture Ltd.", though they cite Magic HQ as their headquarters, and also quote a URL - [url=http://www.atvc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.atvc.co.uk[/url] - which is currently unused. That URL is, however, registered to a personal individual, who identifies themselves as "advanced leisure technologies plc". Hmm. Odd...[/quote]

Ok, this is rather strange.

I've just looked up AT Video Capture Ltd on Companies House, and I get this information:
AT VIDEO CAPTURE LIMITED
38 UPPER BROOK STREET
LONDON
W1K 7QN
Company No. 07185362

Date of Incorporation: 10/03/2010
So, they only were incorporated a week or so before AT opened last season, and are operating out of what appears to be a block of flats in Central London, which seems to only be used for residential purposes. Does this look a bit strange, considering they've put their address on Islander's receipt as Magic HQ?

Anyway, I also looked up Advanced Leisure Technologies plc. Funnily enough, they seem to pull up quite a similar result on the Companies House website:
ADVANCED LEISURE TECHNOLOGIES PLC
38 UPPER BROOK STREET
MAYFAIR
LONDON
W1K 7QN
Company No. 05615795

Date of Incorporation: 08/11/2005
So the same address, but they were made insolvent in 2009. Sound familiar?
Number of Cases: 1
To obtain details of the practitioner click on the appropriate case type description.
Case Number: 1 (of 1 cases)
Case Type: Voluntary Arrangement
Date of Report: 07/07/2009
A quick search online for Advanced Leisure Technologies plc brings up a result for Venue Solutions plc - which has recently renamed as Advanced Leisure Technologies plc. They appear to be the company behind YourDay originally. However, the new company is still operating - as they seem to have had an AGM in late November of last year.

http://www.venuesolutionsplc.com/images ... r_2010.pdf

So, does this mean that AT Video Capture Ltd is just a front for the old company which used to run YourDay? It seems to appear so. I think you've made quite an interesting discovery there Islander :P

-- Post Info Added --

Done a bit more digging through the documents they submitted. Coincidentally, it was only yesterday that they changed the address of AT Video Holdings Ltd from Alton Towers to the London address.

Something quite strange was that the secretary of Advanced Leisure Technologies plc has actually been appointed as the secretary of AT Video Holdings Ltd too. It's beginning to look as if these companies are actually one-and-the-same, and Alton Towers Resort DVD is actually still being ran by the same company that ran YourDay, just without the branding.

-- A bit more added... --

Found another company, YourDay UK Ltd. (No. 05724642) which is registered to the same address as the other two companies. It has the same director, Richard Renie, as AT Video Capture Ltd does now. Since it was incorporated in 2006, I would assume this was the original company which has effectively stopped trading now.

This is too confusing now :P, but I think it's enough to show that however Alton took over running YourDay, it wasn't just as simple as buying some equipment and rebranding the shop...
And.

Alton Towers did not take over the DVD shop.
thefatone

Yeah. Towers never took over the running of the stuff.

Dunno if anyone noticed, the AT DVD staff wore "CONTRACTOR" on their ID cards on lanyards and were paid less than towers when advertised on the website.
.Will

[quote="".Adam""][quote="".Will""]I know that is a little odd, I didn't know that YourDay collapsed; I still thought it was a separate company. Thanks Islander!

:D[/quote]

Did you not realize when they changed the name from YourDay...? :lol:

I'm sure it'll be back this season, it seemed quite profitable last year.[/quote]

… Erm obviousally not.

:|