February Half Term & Pre-season 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Coke

Half Term
Alton Towers will once again be open with selected rides from 10am-4pm from 19-27 February 2011. Hotel packages are now available for these dates with tickets. These are the available rides:

Heave Ho
Marauder’s Mayhem
Sharkbait Reef by SEALIFE
Wobble World
Twirling Toadstool
Gallopers
Frog Hopper
Peugot Driving School
Sonic Spinball
Oblivion
Hex
Runaway Mine Train
Duel
Air
Blade
Nemesis

Ticket Prices
£19 Adult (£15.20 online)
£11 Child (£8.80 online)

Themed weekends
Ballroom Dancing Weekend - Fri 18 to Sun 20 March 2011
Health & Beauty Weekend - Fri 14 to Sun 16 January 2011
Caribbean Beach Party Weekends - 28 & 29 January 2011, 4 & 5 March 2011

Main Season
Scheduled to begin 26th March 2011

Are you thirsty?
Pennywise

Thanks for the info, Coke. Can't say I'm too impressed with this year's February line-up, was hoping to see Th13teen open for February next year, now I doubt I'll bother. :)

I should imagine that the new ride(s) will be located in Old MacDonald's farmyard then, seen as they've decided to open Cloud Cuckoo Land instead of it this year. But i suppose we can continue to hope for a family flat in Dark Forest. :)
AstroDan

Line Up is as expected. I guess they would want to do work on Th13teen over closed season - the trains are easy but I don't know how much maintainence the drop section requires.
Coke

The webpage is now online for the half term event.

EDIT: I see TTF Tart has now copied over this information over to AT General.

Are you thirsty?
adrenalinejunkie

Roll on opening day. Just over 3 months to go, hoping for 1/2 price MAP deal before opening day. Anyone know if this is likely?
Coke

Might be one in January maybe? There was one last year, so you might have a chance. I'll certainly use this offer if it comes available.

Are you thirsty?
Tom G

Can anyone tell me when the park will open fully (all rides) next year? Is it dependent on Easter usually?
Rob L

[quote=""Tom Green""]Can anyone tell me when the park will open fully (all rides) next year? Is it dependent on Easter usually?[/quote]
The theme park opens next year on March 26th.

:)

Tom G

Thank you very much indeed.
BSwiss

I imagine by February I'll be gagging for Nemesis
JoshM

Thanks for the info Coke. Quite impressed with the line up but I would like too see Ripsaw open as that is really the only flat I enjoy. But I shall be attending Half-Term and I shall be whoring Nemmy ;)
Coke

I think Ripsaw normally has it's maintenance around February which is why it is closed. Also I think we might be able to assume Beastie will be leaving because it is not in the lineup ( although I don't think it was open last year ).

Are you thirsty?
Voke

Looks like a nice line-up this year, just before I have to renew my MAP :D
Bote

Hmn might try and make this. Anyone know if they'll be running the bus service from Derby on these dates?
Coke

Most likely, definitely at the weekends I should think. Just check nearer the time in about mid-January probably.

Are you thirsty?
Pennywise

[quote=""Coke""]I think Ripsaw normally has it's maintenance around February which is why it is closed. Also I think we might be able to assume Beastie will be leaving because it is not in the lineup ( although I don't think it was open last year ).[/quote]

It was not open for February 2008 or 2009 either, clearly, it needs a lot of maintainence. ;)
Coke

I was just thinking, it is going to be a very long walk around the park when only half of the attractions are open, there is a chance the Skyride will open, but it is probably unlikely.

Are you thirsty?
NickT04

@OptaNick: 75 - There are 75 full days to go until Alton Towers opens for Feb Half Term. Wait.
ThePratten

I am considering wether or not to got to Alton towers at Half term week in Febuary this year, as it is the first time of the year when AT opens it's gates for the first time of the year, And at a Discounted price. However, I went last year and only a selection of the main rides were open and it was extremely busy, meaning stupidly long queues. Please post your opinion on whether or not it is going to be good this year, and if anyone knows what rides are going to be open, please post them.

Thanks
:) :)
Alton TowersFebuary Half Term19th to 27th of Febuary 2011
Bote

All of the official details for February Half Term can be found here...

Linky

I'm assuming Alton will update it with any changes :)