The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
DiogoJ42

Hmmm, I wouldn't be too hopeful. Last time I went to the fireworks there was a mad post-show dash to forbidden valley. :roll:
Stern John

I hope they dont bother with that spherical projection globe thingy again, that was a waste of time and money!
I hope they play loads of ride music past and present during the show!
ITHOTMK finale FTW
I'm so excited! :D
Last edited by Stern John on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McFlurry

I doubt we will see the Projection Glove make an apperance. It last appeared (and was it's only apperance) during Electric Towers. I must admit I wasn't impressed with it though.
mcivkev

yeah i have seen the globe too but not at AT, it was at Universal Orlando and wasnt impressed either, didnt see the point of it, and bad news is weather isnt forecast as being good for this week :cry:

EDIT: My mistake seems to be dry on friday night, some light rain during day.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
FDS Website & Media Design
Craig

Since the ol' fireworks are almost upon us, this topic has now been moved to AT General.
AstroDan

One thing, Towers. I know you're reading. Have you got a bit of spare dosh...?

NEMESIS DJ!

That is all!

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url] :twisted:

Dance tracks also played on Air in 2006 at Electric Towers - such as Robert Miles', Children. All helped to create an amazing, unforgettable atmosphere.
mcivkev

2 for 1 at Fireworks

here's a link for a voucher 2 for 1 for fireworks.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/voucher ... ort/64818/
FDS Website & Media Design
Anonymous

Some laser testing has been conducted last night whilst i was there (after park close when nearly everyone had buggered off)

Not sure if this is part of the fireworks show or not or just some testing, but i'll quote this link in spoiler tags just in case! :)

[spoiler:2fcua3u5][/spoiler:2fcua3u5]
Chris W

Thanks for that video Brett!

I believe Alton Towers have employed Scadge Productions to record a video of the fireworks display. You can follow them on Twitter @scadgestudios. A few interesting things might be mentioned by them.
AstroDan

They have banned Sparklers! Looks like they're on the H&S bandwagon.

I will actually have to get rid of mine, now. I'd bought them especially.

:(
DiogoJ42

I never understood the attraction of holding a stick of burning white hot metal in your hand anyway, tbh. And given how crowded it's likely to be, I can't say I blame them.

Still, if you're into that sort of thing, I can see how it would be irritating.
Jem8472

I like sparklers but TBH in a place like that I would not trust all the muppets around me to use them.
Islander

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]I never understood the attraction of holding a stick of burning white hot metal in your hand anyway, tbh.[/quote]
Fire is awesome. That is all.

That aside, hardly surprising - don't think I've been to a single display in the last 5-6 years where sparklers have been allowed, and I can completely understand why.
Adam

It would be completely irresponsible of towers to allow them. Just use them at home. :)

Looking forwards to the display tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Stern John

Sparklers are pretty dangerous in a crowded situation TBF. I lit one at our local display a few years ago and nearly got arrested! These days you can't do anything like that. At our loal bonfire after the display has ended the Fire Brigade move in to extinguish the bonfire and then surround it with fencing. Gone are the days of standing round a fire with sparklers at public events, shame!
furie

Anyone on park today?

I'm considering heading over after work for the Fireworks only, but not if it's heaving and they wont let us in.

Any ideas anyone?
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
NickT04

I think Kelly is there, I'm leaving Telford at about 3pm to beat the Stafford rush hour and do the same as you Furie. (Although I'm doing that for all three days!) Perhaps a few tripod based night shots too :D
e4kenndr

it's quiet as anything! I'm gobsmacked. There's some black mugs in towers trading with the firework logo on but you can see the square transfer thing on them tho so a bit cheapy looking despite them bein 6quid each and excluded from the 3 for 2 on drinkware. Woulda paid 3quid tops.
furie

I'm hoping today wont be too busy (work day, half term last week, schools in). It's an odd one really.

Tomorrow though, would I be safe in assuming it's likely to be one of the busiest days this season?

Looking forward to the show, not looking forward to be parked out in a field in Towcester somewhere and having a three mile hike (pushing a wheelchair) to the monorail station ;)

Post sneaked in there :lol: Thanks for the information - good news :)
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
Stern John

Yeah, should be fairly busy tomorrow. We're just gonna have a wander round towers and gardens during the day, take a few pictures, maybe abit of Riverbank Eye Spy.
Then rides after Fireworks.