Black Hole 3

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
simonjonnemeth

[quote=""D4n""][quote=""simonjonnemeth""]That tent was designed and built around a Schwarzkopf Jet Star 2 coaster and in my opinion the only think it should house is that.[/quote]

If they had a coaster custom designed they could design it to fit in the tent.

:D[/quote]

OK, that's good too but it would be nice to see it occupied by a Jet Star 2 again.
Blaze

That's a rather closed minded view, a custom-designed coaster could go in there, and be better than than a Jet Star 2. It's like saying nothing should have been built over Corkscrew because that space was Corkscrew's. That space now has Thirteen, which is much better. Similarly, a new ride in the tent (or just on the space) could be better than BH was.

And there's no way of another one going in. The one that was there was not worth the cost to run it, and with Swartzy not being around anymore, it's not as if they could get a new one worth spending money on.
simonjonnemeth

[quote=""Blaze""]That's a rather closed minded view, a custom-designed coaster could go in there, and be better than than a Jet Star 2. It's like saying nothing should have been built over Corkscrew because that space was Corkscrew's. That space now has Thirteen, which is much better. Similarly, a new ride in the tent (or just on the space) could be better than BH was.

And there's no way of another one going in. The one that was there was not worth the cost to run it, and with Swartzy not being around anymore, it's not as if they could get a new one worth spending money on.[/quote]

Yes, you're right. Jet Star IIs are hard to come by nowadays and after it's updated to meet today's safety requirements, it probably wouldn't fit in the tent anyway.
Terra

That's all well and fine, Blaze, but you have to think about size as well. It is a surprisingly small tent, and it would be very hard to fit a custom in there.. Unless it is a small track, ofc. I can't really see another type of coaster going in there..
simonjonnemeth

[quote=""Terra""]That's all well and fine, Blaze, but you have to think about size as well. It is a surprisingly small tent, and it would be very hard to fit a custom in there.. Unless it is a small track, ofc. I can't really see another type of coaster going in there..[/quote]

Well Said
Slappy McGuire

[quote=""dominoes""]I know nobody would like this, but and education center, or sort of museum thing. It would bring more schools to the park.[/quote]

Not a bad idea, but expanding on that, how about a micro version of Alton Towers (a-la miniland at Legoland, but without the Lego) - wuld be a fantastic, unique, weatherproof attraction. Could also be used as a museum of the towers, and have a walkthrough backstory.
Blaze

There already is an education centre, and I certainly wouldn't want another one slap bang in the middle of the park, in a site full of pottential. Same for a museum, I'd love a museum, but that's not the right place. Put it in the plaza or in the resort when it's expanded.