Black Hole 3

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
bradpeet

If Alton Towers put a Eurofighter in the Black Hole Tent, I'll think they have given up on originality and quality.

Or since there are 2 of them in the South does that mean there has to be one at Alton Towers just to balance things out? I hope not - the Black Hole is a fondly remembered ride, and deserves a 'replacement' which is at least as good. In my opinion, a Eurofighter does not fit that remit.

EDIT: And Eurorfighters don't have a great throughput. SAW required extensive modification from the basic concept in order to get adequate throughput.
Khanage

I disagree. I think a Eurofighter would be an ideal coaster for the Black Hole tent. They can be incredibly compact due to the vertical lift hill and offer a very decent ride experience.

So what if Thorpe have one and Oakwood have one, if Alton used one it would no doubt be custom and due the nature of it being completely indoors it would be a completely different ride experience to the others in the UK. I mean the original Black Hole had a very similar ride on it's doorstep, you can't get much more unoriginal than that, but due the the nature of the ride no one really noticed or even cared.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

James6

they can be incredibly compact due to the vertical lift hill and offer a very decent ride experience.
Decent being the key word...

In fact, personally I'd say even decent is pretty generous. Anyone ridden Saw this year? Even if you had you wouldn't remember it, it's THAT rough this year.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Khanage

I haven't ridden Saw this year but I will on Tuesday, I didn't realise it hasn't worn well over the past year. I last rode in September and was still very impressed with it's smoothness.

TurboJ

I'd much rather a small Intamin went into the tent, as opposed to a Eurofighter. Having ridden Saw last month, I can say that Corkscrew was much smoother.
If they can make a lift hill compact enough, then an Intamin would be perfect. Although I'd much rather another JetStar model was used, simply because I never got to experience Black Hole the first time round.
BigAl

What about something like Kanonen, Speed Monster or Lynet? They are all much too big and fast for the tent but the concept is great band you'd get no problems with throughput. Some block sections will sort that out anyway. Black hole style cars (beefed up a little) with a quick launch around loads of turns and hills would make for quite a thrilling ride. Take it out of the tent and the ride becomes small and nobody would care for it (much), the darkness is what helped make the Black Hole a thrilling ride experience. I think it should have loads of air time :D I LOVE AIR TIME!
towers-schoolgirl427

i always thought perhaps a ride similar to Space Mountain 2 at disneyland paris would be well suited in the black whole tent, no? :?
Khanage

Ok I rode Saw today and you are right it is certainly a lot rough than it was last year - disappointing to say the least.

Lilypad

I think something akin to Space Moutain (the new one) with more compactness and smaller would be best. Maybe it could be called something to homage to the Black Hole, but not rip it off. Maybe like "Event Horizen," or "Nova"
Tom G

It'd be great to have another coaster inside. I'd like to see something extreme but not necessarily fast. A bit like Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingo Land. Really smooth but with some extreme inversions and banking.
Sir John Talbot

Something like Mumbo Jumbo would be great, beefed up a bit. All those unconventional elements would feel absolutely amazing in a dark ride environment. Add some proper effects or even a special element and you have a sneeky little SW that would pack more of a punch than what plans or even costs would depict. Black Hole was such a great ride for what it was (which, wasn't much) so there's loads of potential here.
Blaze

Didn't really like MJ, but something like that would be good, full of wierd and unconventional bits.
Jollylee11

[quote=""bradpeet""]If Alton Towers put a Eurofighter in the Black Hole Tent, I'll think they have given up on originality and quality.

Or since there are 2 of them in the South does that mean there has to be one at Alton Towers just to balance things out? I hope not - the Black Hole is a fondly remembered ride, and deserves a 'replacement' which is at least as good. In my opinion, a Eurofighter does not fit that remit.

EDIT: And Eurorfighters don't have a great throughput. SAW required extensive modification from the basic concept in order to get adequate throughput.[/quote]

I was thinking that too
I feel that a Eurofighter would make Alton towers And Also it would be the first in the dark Eurofighter
So Thumbs up for the Eurofighter :P :P
Bear

[quote=""Jollylee11""][quote=""bradpeet""]If Alton Towers put a Eurofighter in the Black Hole Tent, I'll think they have given up on originality and quality.

EDIT: And Eurorfighters don't have a great throughput. SAW required extensive modification from the basic concept in order to get adequate throughput.[/quote]
I was thinking that too
I feel that a Eurofighter would make Alton towers And Also it would be the first in the dark Eurofighter
So Thumbs up for the Eurofighter :P :P[/quote]

But what you said is totally the opposite of what bradpeet said?

I personally think that two similiar rides nearby (Euro-Fighter and Oblivion) is a no-no.

A custom S&S Free Fly might work pretty well, I imagine the sensations and riding experience that it has to offer are pretty unique! But then again, they need something compact... like, REALLY compact...
Blaze

And something that fits in the weird shape of the tent. A eurofighter or a custom design with most likely a spiral lift, maybe a spinner is pretty much the limit. And I don't want a Eurofighter, and it would be pointless, a spinner has already been done at Alton, and one being in the dark could b epottentially vommit-inducing. Which leaves a spiral lift coaster, which would be good. Alton doesn't have a normal sit down coaster, the closest it has is Thirteen, so a back to basics sit down would be refreshing.

And I still theink they should call it Supermassive Black Hole :P
Jollylee11

[quote=""Blaze""].And I still theink they should call it Supermassive Black Hole :P[/quote]
HA :lol: :lol: :lol:
That it sooo Funny cause i was just listening to that song and yeah hell yeah call it that
dominoes

I know nobody would like this, but and education center, or sort of museum thing. It would bring more schools to the park.
Last edited by dominoes on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sibic

small launch coaster with lap bars and inversions bit like rock n rollercoster but smaller (unless they want to rebuild the tent .)
simonjonnemeth

That tent was designed and built around a Schwarzkopf Jet Star 2 coaster and in my opinion the only think it should house is that.
Pennywise

[quote=""simonjonnemeth""]That tent was designed and built around a Schwarzkopf Jet Star 2 coaster and in my opinion the only think it should house is that.[/quote]

If they had a coaster custom designed they could design it to fit in the tent.

:D