Scarefest: 16-31 October 2010 [NO SPOILERS]

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Mankey

It's not a rumour, it's speculation due to there being only one marquee, and Terenzi Horror Nights doing the same last year.
Back from hibernation!
gosling

Wait... so the clown protest thing isn't just some AT stunt? Did I just read in this thread that it's real? I'm confused. It seems so utterly pointless if it is real, quite funny though.

Anyway, it's exactly a fortnight until I visit Scarefest. I'm starting to feel more excited about it. Been gathering some spooky tracks to stick on my mp3 player for the journey to the park. Next weekend we are making our traditional Scarefest cookies to celebrate. Researching the most apt horror movies to watch during the few nights before we visit etc...

Halloween is my favorite time of year. It makes me sad that we don't appreciate it as much as other countries, so something like Scarefest is right up my street. It's also my birthday at halloween time so theres always an excuse for a themed party. :hsmug:
~ Good try but not this time ~
Nikkidreamer

Its just 11 days until my first visit this year and I am getting more and more excited!

And the build up film for the friday night has to be Steven Kings 'IT', surely! :D
burny110

i was on park on monday and they looked real to me...the security guy there was having a rite argument with one of them...funny but bit irritating when they started stopping traffic...

I heard from a friend that works on the oblivion that they are lighting it up inside for hallween, is this true or was he bsin?
Voke

[quote=""burny110""]i was on park on monday and they looked real to me...the security guy there was having a rite argument with one of them...funny but bit irritating when they started stopping traffic...

I heard from a friend that works on the oblivion that they are lighting it up inside for hallween, is this true or was he bsin?[/quote]

But really, this could of been set up by Alton themselves, switching actors every few hours or so, or changing the order in which who shouts at who. Who knows? I just can't take Alton seriously thanks to a number of over the top stunts, which I will miss now Morwenna's gone. But thats another topic ;)

Regarding the Oblivion being lit up for Scarefest. I highly doubt that is true, the whole ride is surrounded by mystery, why would they put some lights inside the hole to show us what's in there. It would kind of ruin it for me.

This is also about the tenth time we have changed our minds regarding the tent's. With Alton's event team emailing a user on here, to Dave confirming out of the blue that both mazes will be in one tent. I'm not sure about what too think. But as it's only 11 days till the start of Scarefest, they're cutting it extremely thin, so I think two mazes in one tent seems the more plausable. Also the "Boiler House In The Celler" seems to me like a H&S nightmare, I really do doubt it will take place in there.
burny110

fair point. they could at least make the fog effect green on oblivion, they don't do enough for scarefest down there.
[Archive]

And how would they manage that?
DiogoJ42

Since the mist on Oblivion is water vapour, the only way to colour it without spraying all riders with dye would be to shine green light on it.
The its man

I'd personally rather have the fog with red flood lights with a load of heaters (impractical, but would be interesting) just inside the hole so to give the impression of going straight down into Hell :twisted:
ImageImage
Screw the entrance fee, I have an annual pass!
Pennywise

To be honest, I'd prefer that they left it as it is. T'was fantastic at night last year. :)
Vik

[quote=""Voke""]

Regarding the Oblivion being lit up for Scarefest. I highly doubt that is true, the whole ride is surrounded by mystery, why would they put some lights inside the hole to show us what's in there. It would kind of ruin it for me.

This is also about the tenth time we have changed our minds regarding the tent's. With Alton's event team emailing a user on here, to Dave confirming out of the blue that both mazes will be in one tent. I'm not sure about what too think. But as it's only 11 days till the start of Scarefest, they're cutting it extremely thin, so I think two mazes in one tent seems the more plausable. Also the "Boiler House In The Celler" seems to me like a H&S nightmare, I really do doubt it will take place in there.[/quote]

Dave is correct in that both mazes are in one tent. The suggestion that Boiler House was to be in Splash Cellar is something that has been posted by Trolls that remain nameless [-o< and there is no truth to it whatsover. Thankfully that post went, for the most part, ignored.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

onair

Any scarefest developments on Towers Street yet ?

This would be pretty cool on Towers Street

http://www.imagebam.com/image/20f99d100743660

Image from Lotte's post in BM Prototype post
oldgitBEN

so the tent is 3 times bigger than the boiler house? I imagine it will look like this:
[ BoilerHouse ][ Bar Area ][ CircusScreams ]
[ BoilerHouse ][ Bar Area ][ CircusScreams ]
[ BoilerHouse ][ Batching ][ CircusScreams ]

and I should imagine the queues lead into the middle batching area
Dormiens-Dave

The Batching seems to be happening outside, there are at least 4 covered tunnels through the tree's (see the pics 2 pages back). So if a Bar area is happening then i imaging the mazes will exit into it.

The entrance to each maze seems to be at the far end of the building on each side with a larger tunnell in the center but its a bit hard to judge at the mo as not all the tunnells are complete.
d404jamie

i don't know if you guys have seen this video of the clown protest. It seems more like a joke after watching this video tbh lol. [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
James

Staged, tbh.

...and after seeing that clip, I'm now convinced that clowns are evil and scary! :P
[Archive]

Obviously a PR stunt, I think. If it is, then it is the best one yet! :hlol: Brilliant! Well done to whoever thought of this, and nice to see you again Morwenna... :P
Jollylee11

Even now ,when she has gone ,you can still see her PR stunts ,man i love you Morwenna :hinsane:
I think she should be in a horror maze Morwenna Horror PR Of screams Would get me running out of there for sure :hwow: :hwow:
AstroDan

Indeed. But it's a good joke. It's now up to help the PR wheel on TowersTimes - News.

:)
Dormiens-Dave

i thought she hasn't gone yet, i thought she was going after the season ended. So plenty of time for lovely PR fun