Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
peterjones1

[quote=""forgetfulgirl""]

I'm staying overnight at the hotel, is there any added benefits to buying the tickets and the hotel as a package over buying them separately? I can get the tickets cheaper separately, but wanted to know if there were any good reasons to buy a hotel package.[/quote]

If you buy tickets as part of the hotel package, the disadvantage is like you say having to pay a higher price than you would with the many available discounts, but the big advantage is the ticket acts as '2 days for the price of 1' and also includes Early Ride Time. When my girlfriend and I stayed in April we arrived around 11.30am, dropped our bags in the hotel, had a good few hours in the park, stayed the night and were able to have a good full day on the park the next day. Well worth doing if you plan to arrive early on the day of your stay, but not so much if you just intend to turn up for the night ready for a single day on the park, unless you are desperate for the Early Ride Time.
forgetfulgirl

[quote=""peterjones1""][quote=""forgetfulgirl""]

I'm staying overnight at the hotel, is there any added benefits to buying the tickets and the hotel as a package over buying them separately? I can get the tickets cheaper separately, but wanted to know if there were any good reasons to buy a hotel package.[/quote]

If you buy tickets as part of the hotel package, the disadvantage is like you say having to pay a higher price than you would with the many available discounts, but the big advantage is the ticket acts as '2 days for the price of 1' and also includes Early Ride Time. When my girlfriend and I stayed in April we arrived around 11.30am, dropped our bags in the hotel, had a good few hours in the park, stayed the night and were able to have a good full day on the park the next day. Well worth doing if you plan to arrive early on the day of your stay, but not so much if you just intend to turn up for the night ready for a single day on the park, unless you are desperate for the Early Ride Time.[/quote]

No, we will be spending the two days at the park with one night at the hotel. I went a few years ago just for the day and bought tickets online. I was able to get in the park early, does that still happen? I'm just asking about the hotel package because I'm eligable for the disabled/carer tickets but there is no option to buy them when booking the hotel, as there is when just buying the tickets.
mitch1e

[quote=""forgetfulgirl""]
No, we will be spending the two days at the park with one night at the hotel. I went a few years ago just for the day and bought tickets online. I was able to get in the park early, does that still happen? I'm just asking about the hotel package because I'm eligable for the disabled/carer tickets but there is no option to buy them when booking the hotel, as there is when just buying the tickets.[/quote]

Yes if you buy online you are eligible for the early ride time.
Image THANKS TO JLTON
JAMMYD777

Just wondering, if you have complimentary tickets from the day of the powercut (14/04/10), are you eligable for Early Ride Time. :?

As I cannot see what the staff check to see if you are eligable for ERT apart from the date the ticket was printed.

Advice appreciated.
JAMMYD777
SW7:
henry96

Okay, I'm planning to visit soon and I have 3 vouchers to get in for £10 and a voucher for 12 PRP's.
Where would I go to redeem these vouchers? Would I just go to the admission booth?
And for the PRP's would I go to guest services or Sales and Information?
The voucher also needs proof of ID, would a train pass do or would I need a passport?
SAW_gameover

Whats a PRP?
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

James

[quote=""SAW_gameover""]Whats a PRP?[/quote]

A Priority Ride Pass. :)

In answer to Henry's question: I'm honestly not sure, for the vouchers to get in for £10 I'd assume you'd go to one of the admission booths and for the PRP's go to Guest Services, although as I said I'm not too sure.
SAW_gameover

[quote=""James""][quote=""SAW_gameover""]Whats a PRP?[/quote]

A Priority Ride Pass. :) [/quote]

Oh I see :D

henry96

[quote=""James""]

In answer to Henry's question: I'm honestly not sure, for the vouchers to get in for £10 I'd assume you'd go to one of the admission booths and for the PRP's go to Guest Services, although as I said I'm not too sure.[/quote]

Ah, thanks :) thought it probably was- just making sure :)
Blaze

This whole visit in June return in September for free deal, does it apply with tickets bought for the 2-for-1 offer in the Star/Express newspapers?
Lauren

After visiting Alton Towers yesterday, and comparing my two photos on Oblivion, why is the newer one of a particularly bad quality? Have they installed different cameras?
Also, after Thirteen breaking down while i was a good 50 minutes into the que and being told to leave. Do the people nearest the front get any form of compensation, i.e a fast pass ticket?
wickscorrie

hi thought i read somewhere that you can buy refill cups does anyone know how much and from where
thanks in advance
Titters

£6 from most food kiosks. It's a bit of a rip off because the bottles are tiny :P
mats

Or £15 for the Annual Pass office if you're a pass holder wanting free refills all year - got mine today. :D
Adam

[quote=""TittersTowers""]£6 from most food kiosks. It's a bit of a rip off because the bottles are tiny :P[/quote]

How is it a rip off? :?

You can REFILL them as many times as you want. The size is irrelevant, it's effectively bottomless.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Titters

Yeah but last season they were a fiver - and you got a bigger cup so it saved some hassle of constantly refilling them.
John

They're still a pretty good size, around 3/4 litre when completely full.
mats

Ye p - big enough for one person I'd say. Problem is - it leads to huge queues at outlets for people refilling, especially in hot weather. Towers only ever seem to have 1 person working on thoise kiosks, but two tills available.
Balb0wa

Hello

Going to towers tomorrow, ive got a merlin annual pass voucher, how do i get through the turnstiles to get the pass?

Thanks
elmerfudd

^Just show the pass to alton towers workers at the turnstiles. There is always somebody at them so just hop on the monorail as normal, walk stright past the ticket offices and just go stright into the park as you would if you had bought tickets, and an alton towers rep will sort you out from there.