SW6 / Thirteen - Viral Marketing/Promotional Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Wes

I don't think that the girl has anything to do with Rita - However from the adverts, it appears that she is slightly crazy? Could this be because the forest has taken her? She is warning us not to go alone? Perhapse because she went into the Dark Forest alone, wandered into the crypt and fell through the crypt.

This is exactly what will happen to us - We'll advernture through the forest, enter the crypt and the vines will drag us through into the crypt where we'll find the body of this girl.

Very much like The Ring?
furie

[quote=""Wes""]She is warning us not to go alone? Perhapse because she went into the Dark Forest alone, wandered into the crypt and fell through the crypt.
[/quote]

NOOOO! It's because if you go alone... You won't be able to use a two-for-one voucher! The horrors of full price gate entry!

I feel very meh about the whole thing. It's not awful, it's okay I guess. Far too much like the Ring though for me. It's a good way of promoting it though - I will give them that :)
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
theflamingbrick

[quote=""sheepie""]Just a quick one in case nobody has noticed. At the end of the second blipvert with the branches, just before the Alton logo flashes up, the girl from the first video appears, literally for about a millisecond.

Very spooky, I love it![/quote]

All I can say is "how the hell did you manage to spot that." :shock: It took me like 5 attempts to stop it on that picture. It is as you say, literally a millisecond but unless someone said about it, I honestly don't think anyone would have noticed. :clap:
Javs

Well, I noticed it but did not really see any significance in it...I mean, you see her throughout the first bloomin advert anyway. Not really a big surprise I dont think.
sheepie

I just thought it was a cool little added detail, doesn't necessarily have to have any significance, but details like these are fantastic and add a lot of creative depth.
Don't blink; not even for a second, blink and you're dead.
tweek68

Just noticed look at the picture of the girl at the end of the second teaser ad to me it looks we are looking at her in the reflection of an eye just like the surrender poster.
James

For those that'd like to download the high quality version of blip number two click here.

:)
Blaze

Don't want to ruin anybody's theory, but the girl is not Rita, or anything like that. Remember, Rita is still a race theme, the last construction updates even show this. Also, like every other big coaster, it is simply a coaster at a park, nothing else, they accept they are coasters and don't pretend to be anything else. Nemesis, for example, is a coaster made by attaching cars to the tentacles an alien that has been tied down. The story the marketing has given us so far is this discovery is affecting the area and doing things to it. They are not going to remove the ride's old story of 'this is a coaster themed as a car' into anything else other than 'this is a coaster themed as a car in a place under siege by a forest.'

Anyway, thats veering off topic, so to bring it back, the new teaser is looking very good, very chilling and Hex-like. Bravo. I like the idea of these small ones beeing part of the bigger one.
Mi-Nigle

I think a great thing for them to make as merchandise would be that 13 necklace. I would buy one.

8)

Excellent adverts, just adds to the excitement that little bit more. They've hit the nail on the head with those in my opinion. A longer advert after the blipverts, similar length and style of the Hex adverts, would be the icing on the cake.

Hats off to the Alton marketing department, they've done a brilliant job in getting us guessing and speculating about Thi3teen. Very impressed! :D
SheikhSam

urmm.. not tryna ruin anything, but im not so sure its a necklace, to me it looks like the same skeleton that was on the KEY, of the 2010 map, it could well be a skeleton necklace, but that would be slightly gothic, would it not?! :?

hang on, just looked at it again theres chains, could it be a legend, or the unknown horror itself that was trapped, or inprisoned, in cuffs, or torture, as it does infact have hands (skeleton hands) in what looks like loops, possible cuffs :D
Last edited by SheikhSam on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elliot

[spoiler:2x0b8s5x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XGysuW3vQ[/spoiler:2x0b8s5x]
Last edited by Elliot on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mi-Nigle

[quote=""RUBIX-KUBE""]urmm.. not tryna ruin anything, but im not so sure its a necklace, to me it looks like the same skeleton that was on the KEY, of the 2010 map, it could well be a skeleton necklace, but that would be slightly gothic, would it not?! :?[/quote]

Looking at the video again I can see what you mean, it does look like those creepy hands. There is a chain of some sort at the 'wrists' of the skeleton hand bit. That's all that made me think it was a necklace.
SheikhSam

[quote=""RR Elliot""][spoiler:ophpax21]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XGysuW3vQ[/spoiler:ophpax21][/quote]
fixed :lol:

[quote=""Mi-Nigle""]Looking at the video again I can see what you mean, it does look like those creepy hands. There is a chain of some sort at the 'wrists' of the skeleton hand bit. That's all that made me think it was a necklace.[/quote]
ahh yes i can see why you thought that, you may well be right :D , its just to me the whole thing didn't add up, but id added i lil' bit to the end of that statement now :P
dudeybrad

I have just very tragically gone through blivert 2 frame by frame and at some point after the 4th second mark there is a subliminal shot of the girl that is so quick that you cant even see it if you play the video at normal speed. It really freaked me out, it just goes to show how much effort they are putting into this campaign. Here is a screenshot of the frame:

Bear in mind that this is not the blipvert that actually features the girl, its the other one. Perhaps the girl does have a significant role in the story of Thirteen...

Brad
icecream88

too me in the second ad it looks like the number thirteen is hanging off of barbedwire
DiogoJ42

I thougjt subliminal flash frames were illegal? Maybe thats where the "banned advert" story came from?
altongeek

[quote=""Diogoj42""]I thougjt subliminal flash frames were illegal? Maybe thats where the "banned advert" story came from?[/quote]

Subliminal messages are banned in ads, but its just a flashing image that doesn't give out a message.
Link
Elliot

But the pun was 'Alton Terrors' and it said about it being scary, where as the subliminal message doesn't make it scary.
AstroDan

3 colleagues at work came to me and said they had seen the adverts for Th13teen last night!

:D
[Archive]

Subliminal images are about as scary as you can get! Imagine how frightened people would feel, when watching a horror movie for example, if they were unknowingly seeing images of death and destruction. Subliminal anything can cause very spooky atmospheres.