SW6 / Thirteen - Viral Marketing/Promotional Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Javs

[quote=""Scorpe""]say several hundred projectors built into the helix tunnel[/quote]

What, powered by an anti-matter/matter reactor, aka warp drive, and maintained by an army of Oompa Loompa's?

Ha, yeah right. I think the best we can hope for is a white sheet with two holes cut for eyes, on a zip cord!
Khalichanan

Didn't one of the wraiths mention Rita and how she was going to change/disappear?
I know they're not the most reliable source, but I guess we can use it as source nevertheless.

I do like the idea of the girl being Rita though...who knows...maybe Rita's soul has been taken away and she's been possessed :D
Wes

Apparently there is a 3rd teaser advert yet to be aired.
Mattia

I think that the girl is more of a replica then a heavy relation to the ride. I think the concept is getting dragged into a feeling that the story line is in the advert. Where was the white woman dancing in the circle of candles in the hex advert in the ride? No where. But it certainly added to this element of dark magic and mystery - something alton screams to us.

To me, this girl seems to be a replica of us. Wondering alone as we will be, but the power of the dark forest takes over her, and causes her to disappear. This is what I feel they're represent, depicting what will happen to us if we "wonder alone" in the crypt of 13. I think the sudden jerk movements are also a clue, a clue to the psychological side. They're already messing with our heads before we're anywhere near the ride and it's showing how our heads will be contorted and messed with on the "first psychocoaster".
Thorpefandan

Maybe she's rita, and ritas story will come from her.

Or maybe not.
It\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bobs radio show.

Javs

Well you just answered your own question.

But for me, this girl looks like the ghost of the girl in Duel's dolls house.
Blaze

[quote=""Mattia""]I think that the girl is more of a replica then a heavy relation to the ride. I think the concept is getting dragged into a feeling that the story line is in the advert. Where was the white woman dancing in the circle of candles in the hex advert in the ride? No where. But it certainly added to this element of dark magic and mystery - something alton screams to us.

To me, this girl seems to be a replica of us. Wondering alone as we will be, but the power of the dark forest takes over her, and causes her to disappear. This is what I feel they're represent, depicting what will happen to us if we "wonder alone" in the crypt of 13. I think the sudden jerk movements are also a clue, a clue to the psychological side. They're already messing with our heads before we're anywhere near the ride and it's showing how our heads will be contorted and messed with on the "first psychocoaster".
[/quote]
I think you are right with everything there. Rita is still a race car theme/rollercoaster poorly pretending to be a race car.

I think the girl is just a person, maybe who has ventured into the crypt/forest alone and has been claimed by the forest, and is now warning us from beyond...or something.

And the camera shakes, very Blair Witch, I like mucho.
oldgitBEN

since someones mentioned the girl 'could' be rita the idea has really taken off and i love it.

Just a simple story of a girl, attacked by the forrest and fighting against the wraiths.
Just a nice way to tie the area together.
fredward

maybe long time ago a father named his race car after his daughter, Rita. Then one day his daughter got kidnapped and dragged into the forest never to be seen again, the girl's soul know haunts the forest, summoning demons and beasts to take vengence on the town where she once lived, the wraiths are there to protect the crypt where her body lies. You journey into her tomb and anger her spirit meaning you have to make a rather quick exit!

It would be good if this new theming gave Rita a bit of history...
towers freak

Just throwing an idea out there. What if the small blipverts are all part of one advert but have been broken down into short blipverts and after they've all been shown there show the complete advert closer to opening.
AstroDan

I have just had a bit of a mooch around various forums (Coster Force,TPM etc.) and the general vibe is that these ad's have gone down really well! Well done AT for getting everyone talking. The fact that TTF has had so many viewers this evening shows the impact immediately.

:)
DaveFreeze

Yer its worked great, got me back on

Good on them
Evostance

[quote=""towers freak""]Just throwing an idea out there. What if the small blipverts are all part of one advert but have been broken down into short blipverts and after they've all been shown there show the complete advert closer to opening.[/quote]

First thing that came to mind when I saw both of them
Moley

As great as ITHOTMK is I'd love the third (if it exists) advert to have a creepy verson of Teddy Bear's Picnic as the music.
Rob L

I absolutely love these blipverts, they are a lot better than I was expecting, quite creepy and Hex like, which is good! They've clearly had quite a lot of thought put into them to ensure that they make an impact on the viewer, and looking at the fantastic response to them, it seems like Towers have managed to achieve this. Also, it's very pleasing to hear a new version of ITHOTMK, I do hope that there is a longer version of this in the main advert.

So well done Alton Towers on a great start to the TV marketing campaign!

:D

Altonator

Ad looks pretty good :) alot like Hex ad IMO :D
The magic has returned to Alton Towers :)
Wonder if there will be a 13 Suite in the hotel? :D
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Gax

Love them! Some of the best adverts we've seen from alton towers in a long time.
Gloomy Dude

These really are having quite the impact, aren't they!

One thing I must say however, is that I really, really hope they don't go in for any nonsense with involving 'a race track'' into the ride's story and theme as suggested in this thread.

Th13teen is a sinister thing which occured in a theme park. What do you get in theme parks?

Bingo!

Roller coasters! Next question please. No need for some contrived explanation of Rita or using a ghostly young girl some awful, wasted metaphor for it. Th13teen is impacting on Rita. Not the other way round. Stop trying to make Alton apologise for and justify Rita. It's been 5 years. It's a good ride. They're doing the best they can with it.

Sorry if a lot of this post doesn't really fit into the viral marketing topic. Feel free to move it.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
sheepie

Just a quick one in case nobody has noticed. At the end of the second blipvert with the branches, just before the Alton logo flashes up, the girl from the first video appears, literally for about a millisecond.

Very spooky, I love it!
Don't blink; not even for a second, blink and you're dead.
MattH

[quote=""sheepie""]Just a quick one in case nobody has noticed. At the end of the second blipvert with the branches, just before the Alton logo flashes up, the girl from the first video appears, literally for about a millisecond.

Very spooky, I love it![/quote]

notice the 'thats just teasing' comment at the bottom

Well duh, isnt that the idea of the adverts :P

but i really like them, cant wait for the third one :mrgreen: