SW6 / Thirteen - Viral Marketing/Promotional Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Andrewroom

The skeletal branches definately look like the ones on the fake tree at the front of the station and the 'vines' all over the trains, publicity, etc.

I would guess that the tree will feature prominently in the adverts, and perhaps the ride.
Toy Story Land at DLP! Woop!
Matt-1509

Just seen another blip. This time there is no girl, just the camera going through branches and 13 hanging up at the end and then the Alton logo! I winder how many there are.. Hmmmm..

EDIT- [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
danny13

Just seen two blipverts on Hollyoaks. It was the one wth the girl and the one with the branches.
moog666

So who is this white lady? Part of the story me thinks

Is that th13teen logo on a necklace?
Last edited by moog666 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
Scorpe

[quote=""danny13""]Just seen two blipverts on Hollyoaks. It was the one wth the girl and the one with the branches.[/quote]
Aye same, very cool :)
joshc807

Just seenthe advert on T.V, i wonder if and when there will be a longer one. I think that here will be a longer Advert but i wonder if we will see it before or after the ride has opened, also i wonder if we will see part of the ride on the longer advert.. if it comes out after the ride has opened.
buffaloBen

When i have just previously seen the advert on channel 4 there was 2 clips.

The first one was what is on the internet and the second showed a flash of pov going through the woods for about 1 second.

If anyone hasn't seen the new one its here: :D

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
moog666

[quote=""buffaloBen""]When i have just previously seen the advert on channel 4 there was 2 clips.

The first one was what is on the internet and the second showed a flash of pov going through the woods for about 1 second.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url][/quote]

Dont think that was POV mate. At least not in the coaster sence of the phrase

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
MattH

[quote=""Scorpe""][quote=""danny13""]Just seen two blipverts on Hollyoaks. It was the one wth the girl and the one with the branches.[/quote]
Aye same, very cool :)[/quote]
snap, the second one came unexpected for me though :(

for those that missed it, check C4 +1 around 7:35 ish, that gives you enough tim to not miss it as it comes on at 7:40 and 7:43, however you may have to watch a bit of hollyoaks first ¬¬
James

For those that don't want to watch Hollyoaks to see the second blipvert(one with the branches) I've recorded it and put it up onto YouTube: Click Me, Click Me

Also if you want to download it: Clickly Click

They are bad quality since I done it with my camera. Unless someone else(or AT) post the higher quality version I'll try and get the HQ version up tomorrow(or Wednesday).

Also, if you look closely on the blipvert with the girl her necklace has the numbers 13 on it, and when the number 13 appears on each blipvert that's her necklace hanging from the trees.

:)
AstroDan

Love it! You'd Better Not Go Alone!

:D :D
buffaloBen

[quote=""moog666""][quote=""buffaloBen""]When i have just previously seen the advert on channel 4 there was 2 clips.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url][/quote]

Dont think that was POV mate. At least not in the coaster sence of the phrase[/quote]

Yh sorry my mistake. I only looked up at the tv when i heard it and just got the wrong view. #-o
DiogoJ42

What's with the little girl voice? It makes it sound like this is a kiddy ride :?
Dormiens-Dave

[quote=""Diogoj42""]What's with the little girl voice? It makes it sound like this is a kiddy ride :?[/quote]

Sounds more creepy to me which is i think the angle they where going for.

It is very creepy and very Hex, which is all good
Mattia

Don't like the branch one as much, not my cuppa, but the girl one i do love.

The contortions of her body and the soundtrack and everything are lush. Nice to see little extras around too. I.E. how the forest has taken her by the end of the advert and only her necklace in the branches remain.
buffaloBen

I realy hope thirteen relies on non of hex's story line [-o<

I know it most likely isn't but there is so much more creepy and better stories than hex.
Which im sure this will not dissapoint.

March 20th...Brace yourself... 8-[
seanyboyuk

i like the tv ad but whats the girl gotta do with the story of the ride?

i do like that theyve put a jingle of the famous alton towers theme music back in the ad
Last edited by seanyboyuk on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredward

Just seen both of them 2 or so minutes apart on channel 5 while watching gadget show, if anyones interested they might be on again during the show!
craigyboi

They're been shown all over the place! c4, c5, sky..

Any idea when a full length will be shown?
[-o<
Wes

20th March