General Marketing (inc. TV campaigns) 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AstroDan

To kick off the annual marketing information thread for 2010, here's a link to the current Sun/AT TV Campaign advert which is playing for the next week across TV Channels...

Clicky

:D
Graeme

This morning I saw the AD for Sonic Racers, has a small bit on the end "visit sonic and ride his new ride at Alton towers"

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere
RITA = Flying fish for teens
AstroDan

AT really are going to be everywhere this year. I don't recall a TV Ad for The Sun campaign in previous years. In addition, the mention via Sega/Sonic plus the upcoming Th13teen adverts...

:D
BIan

I just saw the Sonic Racing Game advert, and at the end it had the Sonic Logo, and Alton Towers Resort Logo, and said something about meet Sonic at Alton Towers and his new ride :)

Was on during 24.

And I really should read the posts above :) Oh Well, Admins, feel free to delete :)

Ian
jomo1993

This advert has been on for a few days now, with the people on nemesis trying to read the info out :D
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
AstroDan

I can't believe there has been an AT advert on Television and barely anyone on TTF seemed to notice it!

:)
Mattia

Also, a bit of an advertising spot for Alton on the official Sonic Racing website with a little flashy button that says "AT ALTON TOWERS" and then fades into the Sonic Spinball logo.

Once clicked, it sends you to the AT Sonic Spinball page. :)

And regarding the Sun advert, anyone else love the lady's hair at the end? Classic. :lol:
Big Dave

Larger quality of above video. :) [url=http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/thework/n ... tion-WCRS/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/thework/n ... tion-WCRS/[/url]
Wes

[quote=""AstroDan""]AT really are going to be everywhere this year. I don't recall a TV Ad for The Sun campaign in previous years. In addition, the mention via Sega/Sonic plus the upcoming Th13teen adverts...

:D[/quote]

Yeah. There was one last year.

Here

[quote=""AstroDan""]I can't believe there has been an AT advert on Television and barely anyone on TTF seemed to notice it!

:)[/quote]

I mentioned it on Friday morning, Here as had many others.

:P #-o

Still, looking forward to seeing this Sonic advert!
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I saw it yesterday, made me giggle. :chuckel:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Jon

I have a recording of the Sonic thing on my phone if anyone's desperate, I didn't put it up simply cause it's just a crappy recording and the advert isn't too exciting. Is anyone desperate for it?

EDIT:::

[url=http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83 ... V01307.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83 ... V01307.flv[/url]

SONIC SPINBALL ADVERT
Of very poor quality :)
Last edited by Jon on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly "Dagoo"
AstroDan

[quote=""Wes""][quote=""AstroDan""]AT really are going to be everywhere this year. I don't recall a TV Ad for The Sun campaign in previous years. In addition, the mention via Sega/Sonic plus the upcoming Th13teen adverts...

:D[/quote]

Yeah. There was one last year.

Here

[quote=""AstroDan""]I can't believe there has been an AT advert on Television and barely anyone on TTF seemed to notice it!

:)[/quote]

I mentioned it on Friday morning, Here as had many others.

:P #-o

Still, looking forward to seeing this Sonic advert![/quote]

I obviously, aside from the annual pull-out, have an inbuilt aversion to anything relating to The Sun, then.

:lol:
AWTSW90

In 'YourStaffordshire' this morning...

"New ride launches 20 March 2010

Escape to the Alton Towers Resort in 2010 and experience the ultimate world-first rollercoaster TH13TEEN.
The new unbelievable attraction will take visitors on a ride in to the Dark Forest. Never before has so much theme park technology been combined in one fantastically thrilling ride.
Home to the UK's favourite theme park with pure adrenalin-pumping thrill rides, the Alton Towers resort is renowned for ground breaking, world-first rollercoasters. With an amazing combination of adrenalin inducing rides and attractions, the Alton Towers Resort is the ultimate day out or short break."

Along with this promotional image...

There is also a competition beneath to win a family pass.

It's been a long time since i've seen Alton Towers advertising aimed purely at thrill seekers!
Not even a quick mention of Kiddie rides to balance it!
MattH

[quote=""AWTSW90""]In 'YourStaffordshire' this morning...

"New ride launches 20 March 2010

Escape to the Alton Towers Resort in 2010 and experience the ultimate world-first rollercoaster TH13TEEN.
The new unbelievable attraction will take visitors on a ride in to the Dark Forest. Never before has so much theme park technology been combined in one fantastically thrilling ride.
Home to the UK's favourite theme park with pure adrenalin-pumping thrill rides, the Alton Towers resort is renowned for ground breaking, world-first rollercoasters. With an amazing combination of adrenalin inducing rides and attractions, the Alton Towers Resort is the ultimate day out or short break."

Along with this promotional image...

There is also a competition beneath to win a family pass.

It's been a long time since i've seen Alton Towers advertising aimed purely at thrill seekers!
Not even a quick mention of Kiddie rides to balance it![/quote]

I like how the picture only shows the 'new big 4' coasters, but why no rita... that was part of the original big 4, so this is rather interesting, mainly to what is happening to rita if looked at deeper
Moley

Is that a new Air promotional image (finally!) or am I going mad?
AstroDan

New Air image. Poor Rita being left out! SW's only!
nicolah

I think they have no included Rita s it is part of the dark forrest and it will be linked to th13teen in some way so to show Rita would be giving clues to the secret element of the ride but hey ho i could be wrong but sure will find out in 10 days on the preview weekend.
nicola hunter
Dormiens-Dave

The 4 coasters graphic has been in the welcome folders in the hotels for a few months, looks really good to be fair, definately promoted the thrill angle they are going for this year.
Jon

Omg a secret weapon image! I love it!

I love the new Air image, much better than the old one. The riders look fresher and funnier, which is great.
Formerly "Dagoo"
Wes

Here it is in HQ if anyone wants it ;)