SW6 Construction Part Two

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Rob L

Right then, as promised here are a few pictures I got from yesterday:

As you can see, they have started to build the structure that goes over the station.

The first airtime hill that comes straight out of the first helix.

The track you can see in there is the first helix after the drop.

Here you can see the first helix going into the airtime hill.

A slightly closer view of the first helix.

And a slightly closer view of the airtime hill.

I personally think it all looks really good, the drop going into that helix and then the airtime hill is going to be quite something! I think that between now and the end of the season, we're only really going to see progress made on the station building structure, we won't see any type of theming moved into place, and there's no way they are going to be putting in the special feature before the end of the season!

Javs

This helix at the bottom of the hill reminds me of the first element on'The Beast' . That was classed as a family thrill coaster I think and that was great fun! Fissled out towards the end, but a very enjoyable ride. I think this will be a similar experience with a lot of airtime. :-)
jordypordy11

hey, thanks for the updates! its looking good!

Jordan :)
andyuk200523

The very first part of the ride (Lift Hill/First Drop/Turnaround Helix/Airtime Hill) Look very similar to Intimidator 305's first section (Its like a Mini Me!)

Awesome Photos, loving the look of the ride, dark colours in the middle of the forest, this is going to be very exciting, just hope we still get coverage during the off season!
Andrew

Next Trip - No Idea!
Thought when exiting The Smiler - "Which way is up?"
daveslodge

I'm new to the forums and this is my first SW that I've followed closely and picking up on the last post...how are we going to get coverage during the off-season?!?!?!

Obviously I shall be there on opening day but how will I get my fix between oct 31st and then?!
Evostance

[quote=""daveslodge""]I'm new to the forums and this is my first SW that I've followed closely and picking up on the last post...how are we going to get coverage during the off-season?!?!?!

Obviously I shall be there on opening day but how will I get my fix between oct 31st and then?![/quote]

The coaster goes through Abbey Wood which is public grounds.

Also if you look through the galleries, you will see TT and other sites have been granted access to take photos when the park is closed
Kaz

I take it these woods will now be fenced off due to the ride going through them?
smeg_head

Was also on park yesterday; I think I saw you Rob wearing a TT fleece?

Anyway:

It's bigger than I thought it would be. Looking at it for Rita goes wayyyy into the woods.
swfcjambo

looking at the photo of the lift hill, the transition from climbing to dropping seems very gentle - could the trains actually accelerate up the hill, almost being launched? It's like a giant humped back bridge!
Danger Noise

i think launch may be overstating it considering the leaps and bounds that launch technology has made in the past few years... expeditious lift hill would be a more appropriate description i think.
Bear

[quote=""swfcjambo""]looking at the photo of the lift hill, the transition from climbing to dropping seems very gentle[/quote]

... It looks exactly like the top of a lift hill! SHOCK HORROR!

I have total faith in Alton to make this ride awesome. I don't doubt that for a second. But to be honest, what we don't know is encouraging some hilarious responses and speculation from people! I half want construction to go on forever! :D
pj.frankophone

OK I have changed my opinion on this... I was at the park yesterday and it does look a lot more impressive in the steel! The pictures on here really don't do it justice. I know the track looks poor, but it will still pack a fair punch I reckon.
Squiggles

No pics... but the track was starting to be put into the building today. It was hard to tell, but it looked like the static track almost went to the pit, so whatever's going on must be fairly compacted.
Edwardo..... move me!
nickn5

A couple more pics from yesterday, light wasn't brilliant as it kept raining on and off.

First one - an idea of the size of the building in comparison to Rita control - it is enormous!

Main building from Rita queue line:

And the 'smaller part' of the building:

Killer Chinchilla

Looking at the lift hill on this pic i think it has the possibility of the train being an overhang train on either side of the track (i'm no expert on rollercoasters so i don't know names of things very well! lol) because of the small tire looking things in the middle-does that make sense?

look at this from towersnerd>>>> [url=http://towersnerd.com/gallery/?image=1375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://towersnerd.com/gallery/?image=1375[/url]
Dormiens-Dave

The trains wont be wide enough for a wing rider train as the hole in the building for the mystery section is quite tight on either side.
James6

Also if you look at more recent construction pictures, you can see that the sidewalk/stairs ( can't remember what it's called) going up the lift are too close to allow for trains with seats either side of the track.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
jordypordy11

I think they are called Catwalks Or Evacuation Steps

Jordan
mattbailey

I don't want to sound moderator-esque... but can we please get back on topic. Ride Discusion is here: [url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 68&t=25034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?f=68&t=25034[/url]

The most exciting news is from Squiggles... I do hope someone managed to get some pictures [-o<
Vik

Indeed, back on to construction discussion please. Though I feel some of the previous posts sort of stem from previous construction discussion so is all fine. :D

Also, if anyone feels things are straying off topic somewhat, feel free to use the report button, and all shall be rectified if need be. :)
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel