Cloud Cuckoo Land Skyride Station Fire

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Voni86

Hi guys,

A mate who lives down the road from the Towers at Alton Castle says there's a big fire going on down there at the moment! There's fire engines everywhere apparently! Anyone else got any info about it?

Hope it's nothing serious :s
Moley

Funnily enough a 'friend' of mine who lives nearby has text me the same thing. :shock:
DiogoJ42

:shock:
This doesn't sound good. Lets just hope its the woods or something.
AstroDan

My god... Hope it's OK!
Rob L

Please let all the rides and just everything in the park be ok, we don't want a repeat of the Skyride fire.

BIan

Fingers crossed its nothing serious
AstroDan

Nothing on News Portals, or BBC News 24.
Moley

Obviously nothing official in terms of confirmation but apparently a friend of a friend who lives a fair distance from the park can see it from their house so it seems like it's a substantial fire.

(I quote: "About 5 mins from the White Hart/Londis" if that means anything to people on here)
Rowe

This reminds me of the Thorpe Park fire in a way, and just about on the same night too!

:( Hope Towersy is ok and nothing is destroyed.
Anonymous

You will hear about it here first (if its reported tonight)

[url=http://uk.reuters.com/news/uk" target="_blank]http://uk.reuters.com/news/uk[/url]
DiogoJ42

Anyone know how to hack into spy satalites? We could really use some live pictures right now.
Meg

Oh dear.. that doesn't sound good at all. Hope everything's okay, I just booked a stay in Splash Landings earlier today! Would just be my luck..
DiogoJ42

[quote=""Rowe""]This reminds me of the Thorpe Park fire in a way, and just about on the same night too! [/quote]

Nine years to the day, I believe?
Voni86

[quote=""Moley""]Obviously nothing official in terms of confirmation but apparently a friend of a friend who lives a fair distance from the park can see it from their house so it seems like it's a substantial fire.

(I quote: "About 5 mins from the White Hart/Londis" if that means anything to people on here)[/quote]

That's about the same distance as my mate. He says he hasn't heard any news, just loads of smoke and a massive glow coming from the Towers. Blimey.
Chris W

This must have started pretty late, obviously too late for Sky News and BBC News to pick it up (like they did for the SkyRide fire).

Obviously I hope that nobody is injured, much more important than the rides.

I guess we will find out more information in the morning, can't see anything being reported now.
DiogoJ42

I can't wait that long!
Moley

"We don't know alot yet other than it's not the hotels. Very high flames"

This is the slowest breaking story in the history of the world!
Voni86

Here is a VERY unofficial quote from Facebook, where we're discussing it:
An inside source who is working on the premises tells me it's a sky ride thing and burger king. She's not allowed to leave as they want to keep it out of the press. It's all go!
Carla

Ooooh, I'm worried! Hope it's alright.
One Hell of a Dark Ride Enthusiast
Rowe

It sounds like it's happened by Cloud Cuckoo Land. And another Sky Ride! Hope nothing has been too badly damaged.