Nemesis: Most intense Inverter?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Is Nemesis the most intense Inverter ever made?

Poll runs till Wed Oct 21, 2048 5:26 pm

Yes
69%
No
31%
Not been on it
No votes

Total votes: 49
TDL

Iv'e been on Nemesis many times, and it's the most intense Inverter Iv'e been on. But I have never left the UK, so is there a more intense Inverter out there?
TDL
AstroDan

Funnilly enough, every Inverted coaster I have been on (with the exception of Vampire) has been pretty intense.

Black Mamba pulls a good amount of force, especially on the first drop and final helixes. The front row experience betters Nemesis for me, but on other seats - I think Nemesis pips it. Nemesis does leave your feat tingling more than Mamba.

Nemesis Inferno meanwhile continues to improve every year. It's a similar layout to Black Mamba, but doesn't quite match the power.

Kumali's first drop is really quite a marvel - but after that the ride doesn't match up to the B&M's.

Infusion I can generally forget about, although it too has moments which are quite intense - most notably the bottom of the main drop.

Nemesis then, is for me the most intense out of the above. The helix is sensational. "Ever made" is a bold statement. I would have thought Eurostar (formerly on the European fairs circuit) is the most intense ever made.
adamtoonarmy

Here is the list of the inverters I have been on:

Nemesis
Infusion
Kumali
Duelling Dragons Ice
Duelling Dragons Fire
Montu

The top three are in the UK and I found infusion and Kumali to be fairly similar but then they are both vekoma's.

The bottom three in my list are in the US and along with Nemesis are B and M's.

IMO the B and M's win hands down over the vekoma's every time. Duelling Dragons coasters are both pretty intense and the theming is good. There is also the near misses to take into account.

Montu is more intense still and seems to last an awful long time but the theming lets it down a bit.

I have been on nemesis a lot and it is by far my favourite ride anywhere and while Montu (the ride) probably just edges it, nemesis is a more intense overall experience. Top notch theming and a queue line that winds its way under the track add a lot to the experience IMO. I will never forget the first time I rode and how it felt to watch the trains roaring around the pit before I entered the station. Awesome.

SO for the overall experience, nemesis gets my vote.
Ridecount 2009:
Mattt

Well Ive rode Batman: (Another bloody clone) The Ride, and was rather pants compared to Nemesis.

Flying P's in IOA every time. :lol: :wink:
JamesJ.

Well i've been on...

Nemesis Inferno
Montu
Tizona (now called Titánide at Terra Mitica, Spain. Vekoma Standard SLC)
Lethal Weapon - The Ride (Warner Bros. Movie World, Australia. Extended SLC)
and Nemesis

Nemesis is definitely the most intense i've ridden, for me the bottom of the first helix is where I felt the most G's. Lethal Weapon was really quite rough but Tizona wasn't too bad. The first drops on both were brilliant. Nemesis Inferno definitely packs a punch, very tight layout but just not quite as intense as Nemesis.

Montu would have to be my favourite I think, just for the sheer size and length of it. Its also got an interesting and different layout.

Wish I could have ridden Duelling Dragons though, they look like hella fun!
Nick

I'd have to say from my ride on Montu at the back, the batwing thing inversion wotsit was more intense than any of the forces on Nemesis.

Not by much though
Shent

Teacups with AstroDan = 10 X better than any ride on nemmy.
......The one and only... :sus:
stigzy

Agreed! I think no matter what inverter you go on, our Nemstacles will always without a doubt come out smelling of dirty roses dripping with blood!

Raptor for me is an easy 2nd though, had it been built and designed with a theme to fit into a great big dirty pit into the Earths crust, it would almost certainly be a 1st! Third though, I can't choose, I'm thinking either Inferno or Odyssey at Fantasy Island. Inferno's got a nice tight and intense last bend, and Odyssey til this day has one of the best first drop's on any coaster. As for the Batmans... must try harder [-X !
PeteB

I've yet to experience any inverter that can match the true power of Nemesis on a good day. The turns are so tight and fast, its my favourite coaster in the whole world.

In the UK, I was pleasantly surprised by Kumali but that's only because its actually a "good" ride for a non Merlin theme park, but it's still not "sensational" like Nemesis.

I do like Nemesis Inferno but I don't think its a like-for-like match with the original in terms of intensity.

Infusion can only be laughed at... sorry! :lol:
leighhills

I have been on:

Nemesis
Inferno
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Infusion

...And I would also put them in that order of goodness.

Nemesis is still the most intense of them. Though WT and Inferno's 3rd row (right seat) isn't far behind really.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Again and no surprise from me Nemmie is the most intense for me as a whole.

Inferno's base loop can pack a punch but only there.
Kumali's base of the drop and again only there.
Infusion isn't intense for me really.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Michaél

Well...

El Condor
Rough and force-less, no where near as good as Nemesis.
Infusion
Same^.
Batman Clone
Boring layout but actually provides quite a forceful experience. However is beaten by Nemesis.
Silver Bullet
The helix at the end of the ride almost causes a "blackout" making that the most intense section of an invert I have been on. But the rest of the ride before that is force-less but still has an interesting layout. Not as intense as Nemesis.
Inferno
Yes there are parts of the ride that are force-less, but there are parts which come close to being as intense as Nemesis. Nemesis still wins.

So I have yet to find a better Invert than Nemesis, somehow I don't think there is anything out there that could beet it...
IronDan

[quote=""nemesiscrazy""]
Silver Bullet
The helix at the end of the ride almost causes a "blackout" making that the most intense section of an invert I have been on. But the rest of the ride before that is force-less but still has an interesting layout. Not as intense as Nemesis.[/quote]

I agree with nemesiscrazy here, I've been on Silver Bullet too and that last helix is insanely forceful, I had to go and sit down for 5 minutes after riding! It's a shame the rest of the ride was rather quite dull though.

Overall Nemesis wins for me, but there are definitely some parts of other B&M inverts that provide some real nice G's.
NickT04

One of my favourite factors of Nemesis is not only what I call the "violence" but also the duration of it!
stigzy

I'd also like to give a big shout out to Wicked Twister! There's nothing more fun than speeding through the station at God knows what speed screaming your head off. It's just soo different from anything else out there (other than it's identical siblings). Though still not as good as Nemesis, obviously...
TB2

Easily Nemesis for me. Stuntfall and Black Mamba are right behind it with Inferno and Batman La Fuga trailing in its wake.

Will take a very special ride to beat Nemesis.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

James6

Yep definatley , I've been on the likes of Montu, and Nemesis creams it to a pulp in term of forcefulness
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
JakFrontier

Montu And DD Ice are more forcfull.
D-Man

I have never been on montu and DD but from what I have heard from my friends they sound like they are well ahead of other rides. But Nemesis is the one for me as there is nothing really like it in the world and it just blows you away.
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
matteocrep

No.

I loved it but I was expecting something more.