Queue policy for disabled guests

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
furie

They said to us to call before we go next time and expected to get a band. They didn't know when it would start, or even if. So the only advice I can offer is to call a couple of days before and find out exactly where they stand.

I don't reckon it will happen this year to be honest. Too big a change.
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
Car Crash Heart.

[quote=""furie""]I don't reckon it will happen this year to be honest. Too big a change.[/quote]

Yeah, not to mention many people who have already registered won't be aware for this season that you need a new type of documention and it would probably just cause problems if they started it this year.

I'm also wondering, if there bring about this policy, whether they'll do the same as Thorpe and make it so that when you go on a major ride via the exit, you can't go on any of the other main rides until the queue time for the ride you visited has passed. It would only make sense. I've already seen ride ops ask that you wait the queue time before returning but it's not strictly enforced at all.
rita's girl

If you are registered disabled then your ok.

Last weekend when going into the disabled car park, because we dont have a blue badge caused some issues. I explained we had disabled annual pass and showed them a DWP letter then there was no problem so it saves me any bother when trying to get little un to the car should he kick off.
Me x
Mr Hyde

[quote=""rita's girl""]C) She wont be working for us tomorrow.! She has broke the code of AT[/quote]
The manager told you this?

I highly suspect not quite as surely it isn't their choice? Unless they were the manager of the ride the person worked on I suppose. Plus, no offence, but it sounds like another their word (the staff person) against yours kind of thing.
i want to be uploaded
Car Crash Heart.

Quick question I was hoping maybe some of you could help me with:

I'm going to the park on the 26th and will be going in a group of 6. The only problem is I am disabled so will be using the disabled queuelines - And obviously, you can only get 4 carers wristbands.

Do you think they will strictly check the wristbands of the carers I go on with, or do you think that the one person that won't be given a wristband will still be able to ride with me? We don't expect to be able to ride the rides altogether and plan on sticking to the 1 disabled + 2 carer rule unless it's very quiet, but certain people in our party want to ride some rides and not others etc, and it seems silly that one of our party will always have to queue and not be able to ride with me at all because they don't have a wristband. =/

We know your not SUPPOSED to use the system this way, but do you think the ride op's will maybe be leniant on the carers bands and allow someone without a wristband to go on with me?
Mattt

At any one time, you can only have 1 disabled and 4 carers. However, some rides will only allow 1 disabled and 3 carers. This is due to most of the ride being 4 seated. Although you are allowed 4 carers to one disabled person.

It is a little bit of a sticky situation, however, I think you will only be allowed 4 carer wristbands. The best thing to do it to contact the park by phone, as situations do very between people.
Car Crash Heart.

[quote=""Mattt""]At any one time, you can only have 1 disabled and 4 carers. However, some rides will only allow 1 disabled and 3 carers. This is due to most of the ride being 4 seated. Although you are allowed 4 carers to one disabled person.

It is a little bit of a sticky situation, however, I think you will only be allowed 4 carer wristbands. The best thing to do it to contact the park by phone, as situations do very between people.[/quote]

Yeah, we're not expecting more then 4 carers bands, but were wondering if if someone without a band wanted to ride with me, they would be allowed to. (Even though they technically shouldn't.)

It's not a very well thought through system I don't think - Fair enough that they only allow a limted number of people on the ride with the disabled person as that is fair, but I think they should give out carers wristbands to ALL the members of the party so different people can maybe do different rides with the disabled person etc - Because afterall, the people who go with us aren't just "carers", they're are friends and family, and with the way the system works now, a disabled person who travels in a big group is split up with some of their party for most of the day!
stokywolf

1 Red band as written by the rules signed at guest services should be accompanied by a maximum of only 2 blue bands but 4 blue wristbands (or how many required) can be issued by guest services.

Depending on how busy the ride is at that time usually means that at the discretion of the ride host/operator more blue bands shall be allowed onto the ride, but a general rule is like what mattt said with 3 blue bands to fill seats if its neccesary. With how much time is saved by using the ride exit instead of queueing you can generally do the ride 2+ times a day, so therefore the other 1 or 2 (blue) persons that missed out first time round can then swap with the first two who went on earlier in the day.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz