Alton Towers Fish in "Mating Overdrive"

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
rightbackgranty

ALTON TOWERS aquarium has been forced to hire a reproductive expert following a "mating overdrive" by its fish.

The Sea Life aquarium at Alton Towers in Staffordshire has seen 60 seahorses and two bamboo sharks hatched since opening in March.

Many are cavorting in front of visitors on a daily basis, prompting a barrage of embarrassing questions from youngsters.

Tony Barlow, head curator at Sea Life's Sharkbait Reef, said it was unusual for a new aquarium to produce such a large number of offspring in a short period of time.

He said: "There is definitely something in the water.
Click here for more

"While children understand that we've got new shark and seahorse babies, a number of the animals have been seen doing it during public visiting hours.

"We recognise that children are curious and will ask about this behaviour and we want to be prepared for that so that we can be on hand to help parents out if necessary."

The aquatic reproductive expert will be available over the Bank Holiday to answer questions from curious children.
Made me smile.
Ash

Thought Russel Barnes and these sorts of antics had gone?
rightbackgranty

[quote=""Ash""]Thought Russel Barnes and these sorts of antics had gone?[/quote]

I thought that too, but it might be The Sentinel snooping around for a story. News is often a bit slow in these parts :P
SEALIFE

Isent it good though to see that the fish have settled in fine! :D
AstroDan

The marketing team hasn't changed at AT... Russell wasn't in charge of these sorts of stories, surely.

Anyway, it's all good press coverage!
Skumfidus

Exactly Dan, the manager of the whole park wouldn't be the creator of such a story, just as he doesn't dispatch every oblivion shuttle or cook every pizza in katanga, it's down to the marketing department.

Plus it isn't a bad story at all, and obviously not a 'created' story.....they didn't go around arousing the fish for a few lines in a local paper did they :roll:
NickT04

Oh to be a fish at Sharkbait Reef! :P
Craig

[quote=""Ryanfuk""]Plus it isn't a bad story at all, and obviously not a 'created' story.....they didn't go around arousing the fish for a few lines in a local paper did they :roll:[/quote]

Or did they? THORPE PARK have their vomit cleaner, perhaps Alton have a fish pleasurer?

I don't know why people complain about these sorts of stories, the more publicity the better for the park! They're fun and quirky and exactly the sort of things that are picked up by the tabloids and read by thousands of potential visitors :D. I see no negative effect from them personally!
BIan

The Shark Eggs were at Towers when Sharkbait reef opened. They hatched a few weeks ago. Was quite cool seeing the eggs, and then going back and seeing the baby shark.

Ian
Mi-Nigle

Haha, have never seen fish 'doing it'. Quite curious now... :P

Is there a limit to the amount of fish they are allowed to keep in the tanks?

If the fish and sharks keep breeding, I'm sure the tanks will be too small to cope with a large amount of them. Would Alton Towers/Sealife have to sell them on?
Jon

Funny!

- and deffinatly not the worst story that park has released, at least this has a certain basis in truth and isn't quite so blunt in saying "Hey! Look over here!". I mean...PDA patrol? Cloud Seeding?

[spoiler:22qk82uj]Image

What a load of ol' shhh![/spoiler:22qk82uj]
Formerly "Dagoo"
[Archive]

Naughty! [-X [spoiler:15npiw3v]Image[/spoiler:15npiw3v]
PETER MOWBRAY

I think that they should throw a bucket of cold water over the dirty little bast****.. :D
Fancy shagging in front of people.. :D
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]
popTART

I don't see anything bad in this press like people said they didn't create it but its still good media for the park. Nothing wrong with fish doing it :lol: cant help but wonder what questions the children must be having about it all :lol: Im quite curious to know how many fish they can hold in the tanks too.
caffeine_demon

wonder if the dads are doing their share of nappy changing? :roll:
Skumfidus

[quote=""PETER MOWBRAY""]I think that they should throw a bucket of cold water over the dirty little bast****.. :D
Fancy shagging in front of people.. :D[/quote]

A bucket of cold air more like
Mikey

I remember a certain member of the alton towers team on opening day telling us they like to go in to sharkbait reef after park close, so maybe they've been taking mucky videos in there to get the fish all frisky :lol:
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
monkeywool

I knew the mood lighting and the Barry white CD they play on a loop at night was a bad idea...