2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
WillXav

I wish Leroy would just go into X No Way Out and never come out :P

I just tuned in - so I have no idea of what's going on apart from the same drama, seen on Desperate Housewives. And......the usual of Leroy depicting his "amazing" self.

Anyway...I am quite curious as to what is going on with construction and if we know anything else.

I think these videos are fake after coming to a smexeh decision but I am happy that there are people trying to create hype even though it's official hype.

You've got to applaude these people for trying and at least it's all positive. No harm is actually being done. It's all good fun - but it would be nice to see some actual official AT Hype.
Last edited by WillXav on Fri May 01, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

I shall endeavour to bring some site pictures following the weekend.
WillXav

Thankyou Mr Dan....AstroDan
I'd call you Dan the Man but you'd prob slap me :P hehe

I'm looking forward to see these photos of an empty construction site.

*Loving the Thank/Unthank and the Boo/Unboo functions
Trixz

[quote=""leroy2009jones""]B&M are not planning on building a wooden coaster anyway...[/quote]

You are the most entertaining person within this whole forum i love your persistancy its very funny

I pray for Leroys sake its a BaM

Oh and the new youtube vids are so bad that they made me fall off of my chair in laughter
WE ARE ALL WITNESSESS
Big Dave

My "foe" list is getting ever bigger. Im also going towers at the weekend and will be taking photos. I expect very little has happened.
leroy2009jones

[quote=""Trixz""][quote=""leroy2009jones""]B&M are not planning on building a wooden coaster anyway...[/quote]

You are the most entertaining person within this whole forum i love your persistancy its very funny

I pray for Leroys sake its a BaM

Oh and the new youtube vids are so bad that they made me fall off of my chair in laughter[/quote]

Thanks trixz!
The videos are hilarious and make some funny watching. Have AT actually used viral marketing in the past?
You don't need to pray, we will have our 4th B&M secret weapon :)
Skumfidus

I just don't get the B&M rumour, and how it is continuing, when not one single piece of confirmed information points to B&M in any way, if it were B&M, they would have to change every single thing that they do, totally different track, totally different trains, totally different layout, totally different stance on special features, different support layouts, the cost for Alton Towers would be astronomical (for as we now, B&M have no desire to change their winning formula themselves, favouring improvement and innovation over complete overhauls)..

A company such as Premier, for example, would have to change nothing about the way they operate to be able to manufacture SW6. The cost would be minimal, as Premier are the experts in this type of rollercoaster. Everything points to a wide range of manufacturers....most of the steelies....with one exception....B&CHUFFINGM!

And to get to my point.....if it were B&M, we have no reason to be excited or to trust them, or even to think the ride will be any good....if you like McDonalds burgers and they begin to randomly manufacturer knee-high boots would you automatically assume you'll like the boots as much as the burger? No, of course not. Same situation here.
Mikey

[quote=""rightbackgranty""]
It has been brought to my attention that speculation has arisen through my channel about a new rollercoaster they have started constructing at Alton Towers. Please note that this channel is in no way affiliated with Alton Towers, nor is it a way of promoting their new rollercoaster.
This was also posted on his youtube page. Strange that he admits that he has nothing to do with a rollercoaster, but sends a picture to Shawn that shows a wooden rollercoaster carriage :p[/quote]

The youtube page is in no way associated with anybody claiming to be the Dr Rockwell on these forums. The Dr Rockwell on youtube is 'dead' as seen in the latest youtube video of the night watchman, so anyone posting here or sending emails is just a copycat.
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Skumfidus

Wasn't that video supposed to have been sent to the guy, not filmed by him....i'm sure that's what it said
Anonymous

Has Shawn Sanbrooke finally stopped creating YouTube accounts now?

*checks*

Seems so..... Good! - Right anybody have any factual information or are we going to have another 5 pages of rubbish again?

Waits in haste.......... :roll:
leroy2009jones

Most of you on here don't think there's a hope in hell of it being a B&M simply because of the track layout shown in the plans on SMDC.
Time and time again I have said that these plans are not the exact replica of what will be, as some of you have already said AT aren't going to give the game away. All they have to do is satisfy the council of the important stuff, Ride manufacturer isn't one of them!
Does it show colour on the plans, no and this is an important issue yet it was not included. No footers can be seen for the track either, all they have to satisfy the council of is: -
Visual Impact,
Noise & Habitat
& Traffic.
All you have to do is add a box section to the track and you have B&M!
I saw B&M staff when the park opened this season and they were in UG Land looking at the SW6 site, not only this but my brother has been in a number of meetings with them over the past few months.
Joe Koopa

[quote=""leroy2009jones""]Does it show colour on the plans, no and this is an important issue yet it was not included. [/quote]

They did actually show the colour on the plans, saying that the ride would blend in with the surrounding scenery. Meaning the ride would be black.

[quote=""leroy2009jones""]Time and time again I have said that these plans are not the exact replica of what will be, as some of you have already said AT aren't going to give the game away. All they have to do is satisfy the council of the important stuff, Ride manufacturer isn't one of them![/quote]

There is a bit of a difference betweem B&M & SW6 track, infact B&M track is alot thicker and more likely to be seen from the outisde of the park. The planning comittee obviously saw thin-track and presumed that this decreased the likelyhood of the ride being clearly seen from the outside of the park.

[quote=""leroy2009jones""]I saw B&M staff when the park opened this season and they were in UG Land looking at the SW6 site, not only this but my brother has been in a number of meetings with them over the past few months.[/quote]

So who come no-one else saw the B&M track, about half the active forum mebers were there and not one person reported anything plus why didn't you say about this earlier, when you would of got back from the park. Plus, I bet there's plenty of staff members, who could give part of the game away but they don't. Infact, as far as you told us your brother wasn't in the mettings with B&M last time we asked, he just somehow heared about them.

Enough said.
haydn!

This thread, about what is likely to be the most exciting project in the last five years is really starting to grind me down. I feel like I'm driving around a roundabout with my steering wheel locked into right turn, and yes, I'm incredibly bored of seeing the same road signs leading nowhere over, and over, and over, and over.

Somebody wake me up when September ends... when the kids are back at school and some interesting conversation can be had.
King Sykes

Yeah, we have
The threads here for for speculation.. which is pretty much over!
No ones going to post fake viral videos, possibly revealing the theme because they know something any more because;
1. No one takes them seriously any more.
2. They could jeopardize the chance of AT making a real viral campaign!
So we have hit a road block imo!

As for manufacturer... where not going to resolve until there's a some track on site, literally every name there is has been brought up, and the debates a never ending loop of boredom!
So basically saying there's no new speculation, just the same old crap we know being brought up again and again

June/July is when I think we will get something to get really excited about.
James

This is exctally why I'm staying away from this topic until all this stops. If particular members could add to the discussion and not write pointless posts then this topic will be more enjoyable. This topic is bound to be quiet now as we've just discussed about everything, lets just wait till more happens like construction and actual real marketing by Alton.

I've been sent 5 emails now by people saying there in 'the know' and telling what the ride will do and it's just so annoying. Whoever's doing all the video's and emails must be very sad and have alot of time on their hands to attempt to make it seem real.

I'll be back when stupdity has died :roll: .
Matt.C

If it isn't B&M can Leroy please be banned for spamming ?
WillXav

Lefool2009: I swear your uncle/dad or w/e works for B&M or was an engineer on Nemesis?
Does your whole family work at Alton? ^^

We have no proof whatsoever that this coaster is B&M and you say, you saw B&M people.
How do you know they're from B&M?

How do you know they're making the coaster? They could be like The Incredible Hulk Coaster and B&M "COULD" be simply providing a mechanism that other companies don't want to provide.

You could be working for Alton Towers and are trying to throw us off. You remind me of Sebastian. You're so determine and adamant that this is B&M.

We might believe you if you give us some more info or reveal a source.
Skumfidus

The track shown in the plan IS the track that will be used, it couldn't be any other way, and the plans online are the ONLY plans the council had to go on when giving permission, they can't be edited, they CANNOT differ from the final product or Alton Towers will have to go for planning permission again, and with a loud, fat B&M, they just wouldn't have got it!

The track isn't even a general design on the plans, it has diagonal sections....why waste time with these if it isn't even the track, why not just use a line?

You evidently don't realise leroy that a planning application is a hugely important document, it needs to be confirmed to the very last detail, or Alton Towers could have to rip down the coaster once built.

There aren't footers on the plans but they are explained in the copy as being at the root of the supports and round, as well as explaining the size (take a look). The supports are also correct in there placement, meaning they are the supports we're seeing in 2010....that can't hold B&M track!

And no leroy, you can't add a box section onto the bottom of Premier, Gerstlaur or Intamin track.....B&M track is tremendously different to any other type of track, with much different support systems.

The truth is leroy, you've provided no evidence FOR it being a B&M, and are fighting against official and correct plans that are all evidence AGAINST it being a B&M....give it up!
Ash

If you persist to stand by the fact its B&M put your money where you mouth is and promise to leave the forum if it isnt. If your brother has been in meetings, the plans are wrong etc etc...

Why not do that?

Ive made a bet with Astrodan (who pretty much agrees with me) and ive said if this new coaster isnt a Vekoma Mine Train, same model as Expedition Everest ill give him a £5 :) As the plans to me suggest that is what it is.

But i may be wrong we shall see, like i said Leroy, put your money where your mouth is and back yourself up with something as you seem unable to provide us with any fact based or substantial evidence!
Skumfidus

There are many differences between EE Custom Vekoma Model and a Vekoma Mine Train, if your betting on a Vekoma Mine Train that's the same model as EE you need to hand over the cash now, it's impossible!

I highly doubt the coaster will be a Vekoma Mine Train, the plans are, however, much closer to the look of EE.