2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Wes

I'm not too sure what to think of Dr Henry Rockwell now. He seemed ok until that Email, but then again, they might be targeting Shawn because he is pretty much an Alton Towers Celebrity.
Sanbrooke Productions

[quote=""Mikey""]Shawn, what email address did you recieve that from?

Don't be lead on, it won't be real.[/quote]

drrockwell@hotmail.co.uk :) I really don't have a clue what to belive with any of this now its starting to get abit rediculous. :( lol i agree with Wes there :)
Mikey

[quote=""Sanbrooke Productions""][quote=""Mikey""]Shawn, what email address did you recieve that from?

Don't be lead on, it won't be real.[/quote]

drrockwell@hotmail.co.uk :) I really don't have a clue what to belive with any of this now its starting to get abit rediculous. :([/quote]

The one on wikipedia is different to that, so it looks as though Dr Rockwell has a clone! omg!
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Chris W

His e-mail was posted on the removed Wikipedia article. I believe it was drhenryrockwell@hotmail.com .....

I've been looking a bit deeper into the e-mail. I can't find much info about anything exciting which happened on September the 24th. I thought there might have been some significance to the date.

I'm bored and have a Uni exam tomorrow, alright?
leroy2009jones

Im not arguing rightbackgranty, I was criticising what you said. No need to get upset. Its true though, Alton are brilliant at what they do advertising wise. This email to Shaun is pathetic, one minute Dr Rockwell is a graduate of history and sciences, and the next he's been working on a hole for the past 8 years! So much of this stuff contracdicts itself why are people blind to the simple errors? you'd all make terrible investigators.
Wes

[quote=""leroy2009jones""]Im not arguing rightbackgranty, I was criticising what you said. No need to get upset. Its true though, Alton are brilliant at what they do advertising wise. This email to Shaun is pathetic, one minute Dr Rockwell is a graduate of history and sciences, and the next he's been working on a hole for the past 8 years! So much of this stuff contracdicts itself why are people blind to the simple errors? you'd all make terrible investigators.[/quote]

However, Dr Leroy Jones, Dr Watsons left hand man, is 100% sure that SW6 is a B&M?

Must have used some amazing investigating skills for that bad boy :wink:
leroy2009jones

[quote=""Wes""][quote=""leroy2009jones""]Im not arguing rightbackgranty, I was criticising what you said. No need to get upset. Its true though, Alton are brilliant at what they do advertising wise. This email to Shaun is pathetic, one minute Dr Rockwell is a graduate of history and sciences, and the next he's been working on a hole for the past 8 years! So much of this stuff contracdicts itself why are people blind to the simple errors? you'd all make terrible investigators.[/quote]

However, Dr Leroy Jones, Dr Watsons left hand man, is 100% sure that SW6 is a B&M?

Must have used some amazing investigating skills for that bad boy :wink:[/quote]
So Wes, what do you make of this email from Dr Rockwell?
Funny how the appropriate authorities were not contacted when this discovery was made and that it didn't make the newspapers. Merlin must be brilliant at keeping dead body discoveries under wrap, what next? will the F.B.I and mulder and scully be working on SW6? :p
Mikey

[quote=""leroy2009jones""][quote=""Wes""][quote=""leroy2009jones""]Im not arguing rightbackgranty, I was criticising what you said. No need to get upset. Its true though, Alton are brilliant at what they do advertising wise. This email to Shaun is pathetic, one minute Dr Rockwell is a graduate of history and sciences, and the next he's been working on a hole for the past 8 years! So much of this stuff contracdicts itself why are people blind to the simple errors? you'd all make terrible investigators.[/quote]

Must have used some amazing investigating skills for that bad boy :wink:[/quote]
So Wes, what do you make of this email from Dr Rockwell?
Funny how the appropriate authorities were not contacted when this discovery was made and that it didn't make the newspapers. Merlin must be brilliant at keeping dead body discoveries under wrap, what next? will the F.B.I and mulder and scully be working on SW6? :p[/quote]

The email is from an impersinator of the original hoax, hence the contradictions.
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
spenner

in that email he is right about one thing which hex did suffer some downtime during scarefest as i was there for 3 days and it was down for all of them i asked why it was down the park attendent just said it had been shut for 4 days so far due to "ventilation problems".
leroy2009jones

I've just been having a chat with Henry on Msn,
He's chillaxin atm at his stately home in Rocester watching Lost, and has all the plans to SW6 as it will be based on a Hooded Hound Watchman.
I'm going over to his for a few beers next week when he'll show me the plans, and he has also confirmed it will be built by B&M. The three other unidentified bodies will be stuffed and used as props during the queue line.
I'm going to bed good night all.
towers freak

[quote=""leroy2009jones""] he'll show me the plans, and he has also confirmed it will be built by B&M. [/quote]
From the plans and a little bit of investigation ive done signs point to the manufacturer being Mack and not B&M. If the manufacturer is B&M i shall willingly eat my own foot.
Im pretty sure these are all a hoax and i can smell a load of bull crap and it stinks.
adsyrah

I'm reading too much into things at the moment, but I've noticed the drhenryrockwell youtube account has had a video every 6 days so far.

Let's see if one appears on 5th May (6 days from today).
evil cod

AT are not going to do advertising like this without it being obvious its officially linked to the park, like Saws advertising was directly linked to the Thorpe site. Its pretty certain you can stick a giant [FAKE] stamp and ignore anything that appears thats not linked from the official site, seen on park or on TV.
leroy2009jones

Did Henry submit his first video to the police? as it clearly shows someone being dragged away. If that isn't cause for concern I dont know what is! That is, if were meant to belive these videos are genuine....
This ride better be Fantastic and Fabulous at the same time :)
jamesdbradley

Well this topic has been up and down! I have done a bit of research on Dr Rockwell, found nothing.
But now we have a couple email address's the power of facebook comes into play!

First i tried the .co.uk that returned nothing, but the .com how ever, well take a look for yourselfs....
So I thought I would clear up who Dr Rockwell actually is....... Now you can decide HOAX or TRUTH?

Thats all!
:)
Satch

[quote=""Sanbrooke Productions""]Ok i've just being sent an email From Mr Rockwell:
Firstly, let me introduce myself. My name is Dr Henry Charles Rockwell and I have been working with Alton Towers on a huge excavation project since early 2001. My identity had always been kept secret as I wanted to remain out of the 'public eye' in terms of theme park enthusiasts.

However, recent developments have caused a change in what I am aiming to achieve. The legend of the Chained Oak has, as you may well know, been one of huge mystery and no one at the resort, including myself, has ever truly believed it. That has all changed.

Deep in the valleys, a few minutes off the theme park itself, an ancient burial ground was discovered. Now I know this all sounds made up and something to bring excitement to the new project but it isn't. Four bodies were found, believed to be dated from the time of The Earl's existence. Until the carbon dating process has finished we wont know for sure.

Moreover, the planned new ride (codenamed: SW6) is going to be set around this story. The story of how since the bodies were discovered (September 24th of last year) the unearthly goings on around the site and the Towers itself have become apparent.

I can reveal to you that I do in fact have video evidence of the goings on around the wooded grave-site, I cannot however show you. Merlin will not let me show the videos and therefore mock ones have been made, although not very impressive ones.

Hex has also been affected by the disturbance as last year (around October) the ride malfunctioned 3 times (when it hadn't ever before since its opening). It also began to overheat on numerous occasions during the Halloween events.

I am telling you all this as I believe you and your viewers will indeed create hype behind the ride. And before you ask, who were the bodies of? 3 of them currently remain unidentified, 1 is known as The Night Watchman.

I give my full permission, and not that of the resort, to quote anything you have read in this email

I will keep you posted,

Dr Rockwell
:?[/quote]

I appreciate that people may find this exciting, and thanks Shaun for posting it. But come on, for cripes sake!

IF, and only if, this was a real viral campaign from Towers, then they would have better sense than to get the people behind it to start linking ride malfunctions to myth so explicitly. Its ridiculous, and highly unprofessional

"your viewers will create hype"... well yes, thats because everyone is being played, mocked if you will, by somebody who finds all the hysteria appealing to the point of malicious.

The video today nearly had me. Except did anybody notice how much the guy was struggling to find stuff to say? Yawn.

People, this is not real!. Dr Rockwell added me on facebook the other day. The account has been deleted since, but they were friends with ordinary staff from Towers. Yes, MBH and Dr Rockwell may know stuff, but they are not official Towers releases, merely Towers staff with too much time on their hands and a liking for mocking fan forums.

Kaycee said she 100% is sure its fake, and thats enough for me.

If we want real viral campaigns, then have patience, and wait for Towers to do it in time...
Kaycee

Bwaaaaa, OK, can I explicitly confirm that I have it from a Towers representative that Dr. Henry Rockwell is a hoax and nothing to do with the marketing team at the park.

Seriously... all this detective work is completely futile. And all it does is make it increasingly unlikely Towers will bother to do their own.
jamesdbradley

[quote=""Kaycee""]Bwaaaaa, OK, can I explicitly confirm that I have it from a Towers representative that Dr. Henry Rockwell is a hoax and nothing to do with the marketing team at the park.

Seriously... all this detective work is completely futile.[/quote]

That's what i meant by my previous post, why would that email address be linked to a "real" persons account. Utter bull... Hoax

James
:D
adsyrah

[quote=""jamesdbradley""]Image[/quote]

Fits in with me saying that the bloke who owns the domain [url=http://www.watchtheground.com" target="_blank]http://www.watchtheground.com[/url] lives in Liverpool too!

:D

EDIT:

And he likes fish.
Last edited by adsyrah on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russell

Ok well Its not much and pretty poor quality (sorry) but I was on park Tues and go these photos from the skyride. You can kind of see the 'hole' thats starting to be dug although I can say its really not very deep only a foot at most! Also there is an 'office' on site that is one of the containers used for the sealife project but it made me a little excited that they are using the one with Sealife 6 on it! Sorry didnt manage to get a pic of this tho :(

Edit : you cant really see the 'hole' but its kind of behind the support on the left of the top pic :(
Since April 2008