Alton Towers 25-26 April

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Steve K

If anyone is interested in meeting up, I'm looking at heading to Phantasialand on April 25/26, staying at Hotel Ling Bao on the night of the 25th. During April it's buy one day get one free so it's a great deal for non- season pass holders. :)

I look forward to possibly meeting up with yall again!

---- Post Info Added ----

Sorry for the double post, however after looking at my finances and everything, I'm now in a toss-up between PL or possibly taking a trip to your fine country for Alton Towers.

Should the latter happen, I would fly in on the 24th of April into Birmingham with RyanAir and rent a car for the weekend hitting up AT one or both weekend days (maybe a trip to meet up with others should anyone be interested on one of the days) before flying back to Germany on Monday.

Would anyone be interested in meeting up that weekend? Or, can anyone recommend a place to stay for cheap? I have car reserved and flight bookmarked, just need to get the final details before I consider doing it.

Holler!
Last edited by Steve K on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

I would suggest [url=http://www.travelodge.co.uk" target="_blank]www.travelodge.co.uk[/url] or [url=http://www.premierinn.co.uk" target="_blank]www.premierinn.co.uk[/url] for accomm in Uttoxeter if you plan to do the Towers.

I am at Alton Towers then with some old University mates for my birthday weekend, but will shout if I see you!

:D
Steve K

Well, I confirmed my flight, car, hotel, the whole lot so I will be flying into Birmingham Friday afternoon and will be staying at the Norfolk Hotel Birmingham. Saturday and Sunday I will probably be heading to Alton Towers before returning to Germany on Monday mid-day.

I'm looking at hitting up some of the local pubs/clubs in Birmingham Friday night, and although Kaycee recommended a few, are there any other recommendations for a good time?

Or, if you care to meet up on Sat/Sun at AT or elsewhere, shoot me a message! :) My # is +49 0160 6642997...please just txt if you do and not call as I'll send you the phone bill afterwards if you do...lol.

Hope to see y'all next weekend! :)
badger

I'll be on the park on Sunday. May be on Saturday as well but haven't decided yet.
Sazzle

I'll be on park on Sunday, but unfortunately I'm at a wedding on Saturday.

I hope to see a few more faces welcoming our foreign friend!

Sazzle xx
Stu

I was going to come saturday but just been told i gotta go help auntie with moving stuff, so sunday it is...
Steve K

Why I gotta be foreign Saz? Is it cause I'm German? or American? Or both? You racist (or nationalist-ist)...lol.

Stu, family first...with that being said TTF family first, then immediate family...go both days...lol.

Glad to hear more than 1 person is coming. :)
evil cod

Go on then, Ill be there sunday, Ive no idea who you are Steve but I'm a generous loving guy. :^o haha
Stu

Well its you, Saz, Me, Badger, Jude and i think Cod was thinking about it also.
Steve K

^^I'm no-one special...but still, if you want an autograph, I just might oblige!

Okay, I'm really not that conceded...lol. It'll be great to meet you for the first time then Cod, hope to see you there!
Big Dave

Been told I have to go on Sunday lol. Anyone else going to be there on the sunday?
Stu

I want an autograph . woop woop. lol!
carlgregory

am going on saturday please read previous post
[url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... =4&t=23663" target="_blank]viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23663[/url]

and let me know (send me a pm or something and we can exchange numbers)
Sazzle

I think I may well be dragging Ray along for the ride - depending how drunk he gets at the wedding on Saturday night, lmao.

Good to see numbers rising :D.

Nice one THREE SCOOPS Cod! x

Sunday:
Sazzle
Stu
Cod
Badger
Mini Badger
Steve K
Ray (pending)
Big Dave

WIN!
carlgregory

[quote=""Sazzle""]I think I may well be dragging Ray along for the ride - depending how drunk he gets at the wedding on Saturday night, lmao.

Good to see numbers rising :D.

Nice one THREE SCOOPS Cod! x

Sunday:
Sazzle
Stu
Cod
Badger
Mini Badger
Steve K
Ray (pending)
Big Dave

WIN![/quote]

Add me to that list now i will be there sat and sunday, dont normally do this, but i trust all the "family" on this forum to have my num its 07717645249, please send me a text saying who you are, i will be arrive at uttox station sat mornin about 9:10
evil cod

IanBassi is coming too cos im giving him a lift.
Big Dave

Like I said I might be able to pop up towers during the main daytime on saturday and probably can do the same on sunday as well but caint stay all day and night.
carlgregory

how do i know who u all are when i come to alton tomo never met you and would love to meet some fellow AT fanatics
Big Dave

First things first, try and PM some of the people who are going. Secondly just post what time you will be there and where you are likely to be. Thirdly, if you see a group of loud people shouting Muscle Barnes or F T W, then its likely to be us lol

Im still not sure if Im going yet has I am working later on in the day, but if I am going, I will be there fairly early. Probably be around admissions around 9am.
Anonymous

[quote=""Big Dave""]people shouting F T W[/quote]

Your on your own on that one Dave..