What's The Best Flat Ride For Alton In The Future?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Quickey

People are always suggesting moving Blade to MB, but I think that would be such a bad idea. The area is already pretty full, and a pirate themed pirate ship is so boring and common. I love Blades current theme, and I think if it where to be moved to another area, they should move it to maybe gloomy wood and name it something like “Poltergeist” with a suitable theme, or maybe move it to Dark Forest next year and fit it in their. They could even put it in KC, but that theme has already been done at Flamingo Land with Voodoo.

Anyway, as for a new flat, I would actually really like to see Huss Jump2. They look really interesting and unique. They would have to burry it in to the ground some how, and I am not sure if it would work, but would be cool if they could make it work. Failing that, I also like the sound of a Top Scan or Robo Arms.
seanyboyuk

a full size disco coaster would be awsome with 2 humps possibly. these rides usualy have good throughput and are family favourties.
caffeine_demon

hmmm - speed flip looks a bit too insane for alton - but the jump2 looks about right- maybe in place of energiser and submission?

or a mondial heartbreaker would be a nice small footprint, reasonable intensity ride to replace ripsaw?
[url=" target="_blank][/url]
Pennywise

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]There's a good reason why the park has little flat rides - they're nothing much. Sure, there's cheap thrills, but they're a bit pointless, you see what you get, and there's no experience - something AT tries to create.
Head on down to Thorpe the fairground if your looking for a good 10 mins spilling over a sink with a headache to boot. :x
Bu, yes, would be nice to see Alton with a few more decent flats. :)
I think Robo-arms are a must for the start of next decade though.[/quote]

Oh, you don't like flat rides. So nobody else can?

Samurai, Vortex, Rush and Detonator at Thorpe own!

I'd like to see a top scan or a flying carpet ride at Alton. :D
skelly

AirDan, there used to be a flying carpet at the back of what is now Ugand. It was removed a good few years back. Have a look in the retired rides section .

---- Post Info Added ----

I think that AT could do with adding 3 or 4 decent flats throughout the park, each area should have them, and other than X sector I think each area is seriously lacking. There are planty of flat ride manufacturers that make park sepceific versions of their rides to cater for throughput, themeing etc.
Joe Koopa

How about the return of Bone-Shaker to be tied in with SW6. Coukld have some great theming potential, if they managed to hide it behind the trees. :)
Chris1

I'd like to see a Mondial Inferno in place of Submission, and a Huss Booster in Dynamos old spot...
[Archive]

The problem with some types of flat ride is that they can be too 'fairgroundish'. I think the Mondial Inferno looks good to replace Submission (as long as it doesn't suffer the same problems!) and a short, half-underground Fabbri Launched Drop Tower in place of Enterprise.
Joe Koopa

[quote=""Chrïs""]I'd like to see a Mondial Inferno in place of Submission, and a Huss Booster in Dynamos old spot...[/quote]

Those are some nice rides, if they had a bit of theming they could be top-class! :D
Andrewroom

I'd love to see something that you can go on between long queues or at the end of the day when there's not enough tine left for another coaster but for a shorter ride like a drop tower. If there were height restrictions, perhaps it could sit in a pit. Am I right in thinking Blade is in a slight pit?
Toy Story Land at DLP! Woop!
Jimsmells

I really hope they don't add a robo arm ride as I went on one in france and if your a male it can get very painful at times

Post made via Mobile Device
Would you like to play a game of Mel Gibson\'s safari?
Rathaus

[quote=""Andrewroom""] If there were height restrictions, perhaps it could sit in a pit. Am I right in thinking Blade is in a slight pit?[/quote]

Yes. Blade is based in the pit that once housed the Thunder Looper.
Khanage

A lot of people will disagree with this but Alton Towers really needs a drop tower. Obviously it would have to be half buried due to the height restrictions but that could serve as potential for an amazing theming opportunity. The manufacturer I would suggest would be Intamin Giant Drop. With it being half buried it would also add a false sense of security to the length that you would fall, fooling guests to ride without realise how high it actually is! I would love to see one.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

D-Man

^ I really liked that idea with the drop tower. which area would you put it in??? Iwould put it in FV or DF when SW6 finally comes!
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
leammiles

[quote=""electricBlll""]The problem with some types of flat ride is that they can be too 'fairgroundish'.[/quote]

I think that is a huge problem with flat rides. However, if they were themed or were inside, you would see very little of the rides.

I have an idea for a few flat rides that would fit in well with X-sector or around SW6.

If it were in X-sector, it would be another experiment inside the black hole tent, it would be a series of flat rides that all do something you wouldnt expect. It would be themed as if you are test subjects for something.

If it would be around SW6 then it would be a magic area, with the same rides but themed darker and mystical.

The first ride i would have would be a rotor flat ride. [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

thats obviously the removal of gravity, can be done as an experiment or by magic.

The second ride would be something that effects another sense, something like the tunnel in Duel that spins and causes you to spin, i once went into a room that had a platform that you walk along while the room spins around you. Its very difficult to walk straight and for some people, to even stay standing.

The third would again be something that does something you wouldnt expect. More then 3 rides/effects and it would take too long to get through.

Also the rotor and spinning room take up very little space and so you could have multiple of each in order to maximise throughput.

I only came up with this idea because i love the rotor ride so much and would love to see one at AT
jack030894

Alton towers needs a really good flat ride such as like blackpool pleasure beaches playstation or the scramblers but go extremly fast they need something really thrilling like that !

Blackpool Play station : [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

The Scramblers / Twister : [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
Big C

A rotor has already been and gone at alton called gravitron (check history section) and failed at the park so they won't bring in another...

A mega disk - o in place of blade would be amazing. Put blade in mutiny bay and wallah!

Alton would probably never do this but a drop tower i agree would be amazing!

[quote="Khanage"]A lot of people will disagree with this but Alton Towers really needs a drop tower. [quote]

My thoughts entirely! :D
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
seanyboyuk

what about alton getting in on a worlds first looping disco coaster? i bet one will be made sooner or later.
it could go in the bh tent and be themed really good or a disco coaster that travels up the circular area of the tent?
NF2

I disagree on the Drop Tower front, they're more of a 90's thing and better rides have since taken over so they have kind of dropped in popularity over the past few years. Not also to mention that Oblivion is pretty much the same sensation as a drop ride but on a track with more impressive visuals. For a ride like a Drop Tower to stand out these days, it has to be a considerable height (150ft+) and Alton can't provide this. Thats's why Blivvy works so well, its a drop ride but with an Alton "stick it in a big hole" twist :D

For Flats - Giant Frisbee is the only thing I would like to see in Blade's pit, they're thrilling, high capacity and if buried in a Blade Style could possibly pass planning restrictions, if not other manufacturers offer smaller versions such as Mondial and Fabbri. I'd love to see a Shake or (Huss) Booster on Dynao's old site, it was a great ride and the two I mentioned are the same principal but with the twist of flipping cars. If not - Topscan anyday, it would fit on the site and not raise above the treeline either, plus its a legend in the world of flats.

There's only one ride I want to see on Enterprise/Submissions site - a Move it 32. Yes, I know that there hasn't been one built in 13 years, but i'm sure KMG would do it again if given enough cash. Its a stunning ride with so many different manouvers possible, just look at a video of the thing and i'm sure you'll agree (forward to 1:30ish):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ZYHsff ... re=related

taker316

quote="NF2"]There's only one ride I want to see on Enterprise/Submissions site - a Move it 32[/quote]
that looks so cool.would be great at alton. (I think)
:D
[quote=""Chrïs""]I'd like to see a Mondial Inferno in place of Submission[/quote]kind of looks like submission apart from it only has 1 arm.But I', guessing its better
[quote=""Koopa-Troopa""]How about the return of Bone-Shaker to be tied in with SW6[/quote] I agree. They should bring it back and paint it black/brown/green to blend in with the trees.And should be set on its more thrilling setting.

Its already been said before somewhere but they could get a drop tower.They could build it in an alton tower and build half of it underground to make it a big drop.This will probably never happen because I don't think there allowed to alter the towers.
R.I.P CORKSCREW R.I.P
1980-2008