Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
furie

I thought it was joint steepest, until Mumbo Jumbo opens anyway :)

I'll post details when I get back either tomorrow night, or Friday, if people would like a detailed review?
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
Chris J

Let me guess, the first 0 is missing and the last 4 digits are wrong?

Same with everyones, I'm sure it will be fine!
jonathan leake

Mumbo Jumbo has a brake fin like the ones on the stealth air time hill. This means its going at a controled speed and is not a freefall drop. Saw has no fins meaning its all down to gravity make it the worlds steepest freefall drop. Other eurofights have a 98dregree drop Saw has a 100 dregree drop
Dean

Least you got your email, I won but no email... :cry:

They properly didn't like the look of my exipry date, if they checked pass number before sending them out... :x
ghulam786

[quote="Chris J"]Let me guess, the first 0 is missing and the last 4 digits are wrong?

Same with everyones, I'm sure it will be fine![/quote=

what do you mean by you won.
i won by email aswell and i got a rply but they didnt give me a ticket number
coaster maniac
Wes

[quote=""kryn""]I recieved a email today from surveymonkey today about my "free tickets" it went:-

RE: Big Monie Prize
Tuesday, 10 March, 2009 5:37 PM
"George" <george@itv.com/bankofuganda>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"xxxxxxxxxxxx" <markxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk>

Good afternoon Madam,

You have been selected from our database for big prize monies from Thorpepark and our partner Money-Transfers

All we require from you is your name, address, bank account and sort code and we shall wire the monies and prize directly.

George Agdgdgwngo
..Something tells me this might be not quite right[/quote]

Someone on Southparks read this and thought it was read. :P :P
Matt.C

[url=" target="_blank][/url]

Look at 0:41. The theming doesn't look anything special. The queueline itself better be good otherwise it'll be another thorpe failure.
AstroDan

Oblivion at 87.5 degrees is surely steeper.

Although I think we've had this debate before!

:D
Adz
Admin
Admin

Look at 0:41. The theming doesn't look anything special.
How the hell can you tell from a badly lit shot of an offload station?

Jesus christ.
AstroDan

[quote=""Matt.C""]

Look at 0:41. The theming doesn't look anything special. The queueline itself better be good otherwise it'll be another thorpe failure.[/quote]

From what I can tell, the queue theming IS what is going to make this ride. The concepts and other information surrounding the ride suggest that the queue is going to be themed up there with the best of them in Europe. The station I am sure is well themed, it needs to be dark and dim - so detail obviously cannot be made out on the video in question.

The ride will not be a failure, it should be Thorpe's best ride - it's a cross between Rage, Speed and Mystery Mine in one - which can't really be a bad thing!

:)
cubwolf

There would seem to be an embargo on the press showing shots of the interior theming in any great detail so i dont think you can make a judgement till you see it all. It must be worth the effort of keeping it hidden until the big day
AstroDan

To be honest, some of the content of the queueline has imagery that refers to drugs etc. (needles etc.) - from what I am aware, so frankly many of the images wouldn't be suitable for a daytime audience necessarily.
Adz
Admin
Admin

To be honest, some of the content of the queueline has imagery that refers to drugs etc. (needles etc.) - from what I am aware, so frankly many of the images wouldn't be suitable for a daytime audience necessarily.
Your right. One of the effects for instance is a heavily bleeding body...
And.

[quote=""Adz""]
Your right. One of the effects for instance is a heavily bleeding body...[/quote]

Oooooooh! :)
Anonymous

[quote=""Wes""]Someone on Southparks read this and thought it was read. :P :P[/quote]

LOL. You know what Wes. I saw that on Southparks earlier, and didnt give it a second thought! Muppets! =P~ =P~
Matt.C

When will it be dark and dim though? Fright Nights? I hope it's good. I want it to be good. Sorry for making a judgement off a background but it doesnt look great. A bit later on in the film, the general director is interviewed and there is a giant picture of Billy the puppet. I mean I hope that's a one off.
Joe Koopa

[quote=""furie""]
I'll post details when I get back either tomorrow night, or Friday, if people would like a detailed review?[/quote]

Yeah, I would love one. Shame they didn't show the dark-ride section on the video though. :)
Matt.C

Me too, Mr.Furie. Will Maxi-Minor be riding ? :P
Jakob

Just out of interest, how much was spent on the theming of the ride?

May have already been said, but I can't find it.
Dara

At least £2 million from what i hear, possibly more!