Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

It says "today". Therefore, on off peak periods, I doubt there will be live actors. It'll probably be along the lines of Mystery Castle at Phantasialand.

Also, I worry a little for their safety.
Khanage

I must say that this ride is looking amazing! It seems like it is going to be a truly immersive experience with the actors and the theming. I must say they really have put a lot of effort into this ride and I feel it will pay off. I for one am looking forward to this with great anticipation. So much so I am considering visiting the park very shortly after it opens! :D
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

DomB

It looks amazing.
Live actors as well, nice!
Matt.C

they could mean live actors tied up ? Or in cages ?
Y'know as in SAW. But yeah as AstroDan said I think it could just be peak times only. But remember who called that they could use the queueline as a maze :D
Michaél

[quote=""AstroDan""]
Also, I worry a little for their safety.[/quote]

I am sure that the chavs will be held securely behind the que line fencing. The live actors will probrably be on little sets on the edge of the que and perhaps jump out to scare people or something like that. I highly doubt that the actors will actually be in the que line. If you get what I mean.
Anyway the outside que actually doesn't look bad at all but there is no escaping it. CATTLE PEN!
Joe Koopa

I hope it's live actors only on Friday the 13th & on Scarefest. As it does only say 'today'.

Otherwise, that might be me put off. 8-[
Mattia

It looks to me like the "actors" sign is an easily removable sign. I'd say for a few weeks/first month it will be permanent, then just move onto summer holidays and peak times like Astro said. Along with an extreme version for Fright Nights.
Mankey

But... this has got me thinking... In terms of actors, what exactly can you have?

From the film you can have the clown thing, you can have the crazy pig thing, everything else would serve no relevance to it!

:?
Back from hibernation!
AstroDan

This ride is looking awesome. With it being THORPE PARK, I haven't allowed myself to get to engrossed in the build up to it- but there's no doubting n my mind that this ride has the potential to be a real winner. I am neither here nor there about the coaster, as that will be solid regardless as Eurofighters are, but the theming and experience - particularly the dark section - should be really excellent!

The way they have worded the queue board is also brilliant.

THORPE PARK may often be a shambles operationally, but my goodness they know how to get guests to come back - just build a big-ass coaster (Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, Stealth, Saw)! So long as they keep introducing big new projects, they'll get the footfall. It's not like Alton Towers who have shown that they can maintain and then increase gate figures without the big-ass new coasters.

Cannot wait for April 9th when I ride this thing!

:D
Joe Koopa

[quote=""Mankey""]From the film you can have the clown thing, you can have the crazy pig thing, everything else would serve no relevance to it![/quote]

I really hope they don't have a clown live-actor. They really freak me out. 8-[
Mankey

Oh well thats good then... they can change it just for you! :lol:

Live actors are designed to scare you! :P
Back from hibernation!
Rowe

This sounds very exciting.

Me cannot waity!

:D
spark

I must admit, this sounds like a ride and a half :)
Mattia

[quote=""Mankey""]But... this has got me thinking... In terms of actors, what exactly can you have?

From the film you can have the clown thing, you can have the crazy pig thing, everything else would serve no relevance to it!

:?[/quote]

Hmm, they could (this is just a thought) have them stuck inside or getting ready/trying to get out of being perished by jigsaws traps, begging for you to help them and save them, the live actors could also be those who take your bags at the baggage point and stuff.
stigzy

...that said, which I think will be the case, will be utter gruesome! It's all well & good having someone jump out in front of your face trying to scare you. But watching other people get tortured is a whole different ball game on a whole different scale.

I once went down in some dungeons with animatronics while on holiday in Malta years ago. Tom lasted about 10 minutes down there before having to come out, it was eerie stomach churning stuff and generally not nice! But then again that was the whole point! :D
jonathan leake

I wonder how long that cop car will stay their until its moved under the entrance bridge and forgotten about like the fire chefs car that was next to stealth when it opened.
Khanage

I think the live actors may be people in cages - maybe one tied to a chair with the jaw breaking device. Imagine walking through the queuelines and seeing people hanging in these torture devices. Could be really freaky.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Quickey

Just imagine how awkward it will be for the live actors when the ride brakes down, with the same people stood still in the queue watching them. :P

This is really looking like it is going to be an amazing attraction. From what I have seen so far, it looks one of, if not the best themes ride in the UK. I can’t wait to get on this.
Mattia

The only thing i'm slightly worried about is if these pre-attraction "scares" and the inside section of the ride will be very well maintained and kept up to standard? I take it they will with officials from the film company coming in to check the ride is top notch and up to standard every now and then (a la charlie).
Joe Koopa

I think this ride will leave Nemesis crying over it's title of Best Themed British Coaster. :twisted: