Hansa Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

Hansa-Park, the little known theme park near Hamburg (and indeed near Heide Park) in Germany is installing yet another Gerstlauer attraction for 2009. It appears that 7 Gerstlauer's are opening up this year - including Thorpe Park, Plopsaland and here.

It's a very tall Eurofighter model - taller than Speed at Oakwood, and taller than Saw. And what makes this special? A fully enclosed lift AND drop! The layout looks cracking, and it certainly looks like a great coaster.

Definitely going to try and hit the two Hamburg parks sometime.

:D

[url=http://www.rcdb.com/id4075.htm" target="_blank]http://www.rcdb.com/id4075.htm[/url]
[url=http://www.hansapark.de" target="_blank]www.hansapark.de[/url]

:)
Matt.C

Lift / Launch System: LSM
:?
It's got on LSM system, correct me if I'm wrong but that's a launch isn't it ?
AstroDan

It is, which is confusing!!!
Michaél

Is it a launch lift hill? Like space mounatin mission 2. Or a launch then a vertical clime then the eurofighter usual drop? The pics of it look like it is going to be an ausome coaster. I think it is more likely to launch then clime.
Mattmash

Could it be similar to Maverick, in that it will have a standard vertical lift hill then have the launch later on, mid ride?
DanB

Maverick doesn't have a vertical lift hill.
Matt.C

I think he just means similar to Maverick as in that it will have a lift hill at the start then a mid cource launch.
Michaél

No i don't think they would have enough space to do a maverick type lift hill and launch. So i am sticking by my word.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

That looks very impressive from a park with little history of major installs. There's a lot of structural work going into the theme of this ride as well, so it seems a mass injection of cash has gone into this.

The most intriguing part of the plans is the fact the lift and drop is "enclosed" meaning the erection of a 131+FT building, just for this purpose. Very costly and possible a more exciting ride than Saw will be, I feel. :shock:

Nice to see small parks raising the stakes. :)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
ShadowTD

Can you imagine getting to the top of the drop and the just as you go over the edge, the lights go out?

Awesome!
Stu

Forgot where it is, somewhere in Germany i saw a you tube video.. there is a LSM launch vertical hill then into the vertical drop Gerstlauer somewhere. It looked really cool.. This just looks as impressive. Bet Thorpe Park are kicking them selves now. lol. I think Thorpe Parks one is going to be more based around the traps and effects inside the building. Same as Towers SW6 is mainly going to be based on what happens inside the building.
AstroDan

I am sure Saw's theming overall (internal) will be just immense - but the lift/drop system here looks better than the other Eurofighters.

Eurofighters are just cropping up EVERYWHERE now!

:P
Stu

Yeah there the new Intimin Launch's now aint they. Like i said i saw a movie clip somewhere of a Eurofighter vertical launch and it just looked lush...
AstroDan

I think there are many more of these now than Intamin Launched Coasters. The main reason being, Eurofighters are low cost.
Maelstrom

intamin do there own version of the eurofighter with the coaster they opened at hershays park in america last year and by all accounts a very good ride, although alot more expensive than a eurofighter (around 3 times the price!)
Michaél

This eurofighter will feature a vertical lift hill with a 97 degree drop. It will also feature a launch 0-62.1mph in 1.4 seconds which is a 1 second quicker than Rita the Queen of speed. The theming on this will be ausome. The ride has taken shape extremely quick with the theming well under away. I think this ride will knock Saw: The Ride into touch when it opens.
Here is an update.
A look inside of one of the soon to be heavily themed buildings with an ausome turn.
The lift hill being completed.
The LSM launch has been installed.
The end of the ride with the final break run.
The skeleton of this has been constructed.
This coaster looks like it will be great. The theming looks miles better than Saw but we will see.
AstroDan

The actual "coaster" theming does look a lot better than Saw, but the Saw queue/station theming looks fantastic.

The launch seems incredibly quick. I didn't realise LSM were able to accelerate at such speeds. That is faster than any Intamin Accelerator.
Matt.C

Is it a launch up the hill, or a mid-course launch ? Sounds very, very interesting. Saw looks rubbish compared to this.
spark

I must admit, this is one hell of a ride, i would be extremely happy for AT to get something like this
CGM

This coaster shows Saw up to be a bog standard Eurofighter with a very highly themed box. Germany is once again showing us how rides should be done. It's easily the most creative use of the Eurofighter system to date.

It brings it home for me just how unoriginal Tussaud's / Merlin have been of late. There was a time when they were producing coasters like Nemesis and Oblivion. These are the reason that AT is such a respected park in the coaster world.

Coasters such as Saw and Stealth are all very well and good, they do the job but they don't break any new ground or give any new experiences that can't be found elsewhere. This is why I wasn't exactly overjoyed when Saw was announced. We already have two Eurofighters in the UK and Saw doesn't exactly do much to stand out in terms of layout. And yes, it's got a themed indoor section but it's still a blatent copy of Mystery mine.

Hopefully SW6 will turn all that around

So back on topic, this makes me want to go on a coaster tour of Germany even more