Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Khanage

Wow on the concept art! Let's remember that this is the first development under Merlin so we cannot go by past disappointments. For the ride to succeed as a SAW ride then it HAS to be as good as this for Thorpe's sake, Merlin's sake, New Line's sake and our sake!

I am fairly confident that this will be achieved mainly because it is going to be the theming more than the actual coaster which is going to be marketed and hyped, especially with the SAW tie in.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Vanessa Feltz

It really does look fantastic, Really can't wait to go to thorpe to see it.

If they pull it off I will be impressed, I'm sure they will do it well though.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Matt.C

I'm sure Merlin can pull this off. I mean it just looks like their horror maze Asylum in a different colour ?!
Crofty

If they use their heads, they could build the queueline so that it can be seperated during frightnights into it's own maze.

:D :D
And.

[quote=""Crofty""]If they use their heads, they could build the queueline so that it can be seperated during frightnights into it's own maze.

:D :D[/quote]

OOH now THAT would be awesome! They did this at Portaventura - we were queuing for El Diablo just as they were opening the horror maze up. Didn't know what the hell was going on because of our lack of spanish. Was a brilliant experience though.
Stu

How long is the Q line? Im scared that the queue line will just be an out door queue round tress etc like Collosus etc but it isn't till you enter the building at the bottom of the stairs where the Q line theming kicks in.. the consept art is for the stairs and station batching area i beleive.. which just looks great and kick a-s-s. And im sure it will create such a great SAW feeling in the station.

I'm really looking forward to this, don't care what people say about past Alton Towers and Thorpe Park theming, i know what has happened in the past, but Merlin is making big huge steps to compete with Disney etc and this is going to be one of them. I can not wait till March to ride this.. at last a roller coaster which will scare me maybe! and not coz of height or speed, but coz of the effects it seems.
WillXav

Thorpe could have gone for the flyer but opted for the Eurofighter. Even though some people said this was because Thorpe and other associated theme parks were bought and that Merlin were short on cash.

Despite all this economical crisis and problems, they still deliver. Many people have complained about the lack of themeing on rides and also the unreliability and how thorpe doesn't have any new dark rides.

It's good that all these issues are being dealt with. Eurofighters are known for being very reliable, they are also inexpensive. Not to mention being their most pricey investment or the fact that they are teaming up with a big film company sets new standards for themeparks.

Thorpe know what the problems are with their park and their rides and its amazing that they are taking steps to make things better. Im sure that this ride will be a massive success and with this 30% dark section meeting expectations.
AstroDan

I really like the look of the concept art. Certainly looks like queue/station will be well themed. Reminds me of the Tower of Terror loading bays to some extent.

Shame the actual "coaster" will probably not be themed at all, but then again, I doubt it will matter too much.

:)
WillXav

The coaster might be themed. We havent see all the concept art.
Skumfidus

I'm thinking that the Coaster won't need theming, I think the idea of it is that it's a rollercoaster, nothing else, so it doesn't need any theming to fit in with the story of SAW.

However It would be nice to see the track themed more, looking rusty and dirty.
Stu

Blood stain everwhere.. over the track supports etc.. over the track in the station etc.
Big Dave

Well Nemesis grey is an ideal colour but they have gone with black, so its hard to make it look dirty lol. Only choice they have is rust coloured paint but they would have done that before putting the track up.
Matt

How good would fake leg and arm straps look for the seats? (like the electric chair game just outside xcite and Duel)

Probs not allowed on a ride for safety but I think itd look good.
Vanessa Feltz

Whats to prevent it from being used?

I don't see any H&S Issues, Cars are already made now though so I don't see it happening, Maybe next time.

John
xx
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Joe Koopa

[quote=""Matt""]How good would fake leg and arm straps look for the seats? (like the electric chair game just outside xcite and Duel)

Probs not allowed on a ride for safety but I think itd look good.[/quote]

It's a shame, it wouldn't be allowed it's a great idea! :)
jonathan leake

The ride is coming along really well.

As you can see the cladding round the buliding is coming all going up quite quickly.

Please note: These are not my photos they all belong to Laurence Wells from South Parks.

Thanks
Kaz

In my opinion, as of yet... the station looks pretty crap. Its too square and uninteresting.
AstroDan

Is it not going to have loads of wooden style mine things attached to the exterior?
spark

[quote=""Kaz""]In my opinion, as of yet... the station looks pretty crap. Its too square and uninteresting.[/quote]

I think that its a little early to start saying that, its still in the constuction stage, i believe it will look a hell of a lot better in say 3 months!
jonathan leake

[quote=""AstroDan""]Is it not going to have loads of wooden style mine things attached to the exterior?[/quote]

Yes the plan does show that. But you know what Thorpe r like when it comes to their themeing most of it never happens. We will have to wait and see