Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Corkscrewed

*faints with excitement*

OH MY GOD That looks incredible!!! I hope they get it as close as they can to that because I sooooooo want to be in there! :D :D :D

[/overexcitement]
Quickey

Ooooo…. That looks really cool. Pretty much what I was expecting as well.

I am really hoping there are videos in the queue line, and the audio is good, which I am sure it will be as it usually is at Thorpe.
Matt

OMG!!!!!

I'm sure you all know how much I love SAW...
That looks amazing!

so happy!

:)
DomB

Well.. That's boosted my confidence in this ride.
If it looks anything like that, it'll be an amazing experience.

Absolutely can't wait!
Rowe

WOW
That is immense!
Now I really can't wait!
Rob L

I hope the actual theming is that good because those concepts are amazing. There's so much detail in them and that's exactly what it should be like, it's now up to Thorpe to deliver this in the real thing.

Mankey

If it looks like that i'll be amazed... not because it looks good, but because it actually looks the way they make it out to be! I have a horrible feeling the queue will look like X:NWO and it wont suprise me if it does!
Back from hibernation!
Kaz

Don't get your hopes up people, if you have seen past concept art you will know exactly why...
John

This is the first time I've ever been more scared of a Qline than the ride.

Looking forward to this, assuming I make it through the Q in one piece.
Joe Koopa

I juat hope Thorpe Park think about theming this time, just like they did with Tidal Wave.
Anonymous

[quote=""Kaz""]Don't get your hopes up people, if you have seen past concept art you will know exactly why...[/quote]

I think we should expect something pretty impressive. They are releasing this artwork very late in the project, so I assume it is what they are probably working towards creating.
If we would have seen this a year or two ago in the early stages, I would probably agree with you.
Nathan

Those two images look absolutely awesome!

I love the dark and sinister look.
jonathan leake

That looks bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dara

[quote=""Kaz""]Don't get your hopes up people, if you have seen past concept art you will know exactly why...[/quote]

Agreed.. i cant see there being as many flashing lights as there appear to be in those pictures, as there are bound to be people with epilepsy queueing for the ride, the pictures look good, but less of the flashing lights, otherwise that will be even more people who cant ride... if the rumours are to be believed, 1.4m height restriction, 15+ age restriction, nobody with epilepsy or conditions agrivated by flashing lights... they're in danger of isolating quite a few people
WillXav

If they are able to pull that off, Thorpe would have truly succeeded in having a very well-themed partically-indoor rollercoaster.

It looks amazing, honestly.
Mankey

Really, what everyone has to start realising is this is THORPE PARK its not Universal Studios! I would expect a queueline like that from Universal or Disney, but... Thorpe? :roll:

As its been said, dont get your hopes too high, spesh those who havent visited Thorpe before.

I'm not saying it wont ever look like that, they might catch us all by surprise, but I wouldnt set yourself up to be disappointed. Look at Air's concept art and you'll see what we mean!
Back from hibernation!
Ryan

It does look great and really fits in with the Saw theme. However I don’t know what's with all of the disbelief over whether or not Merlin Studios can recreate such a look; when basically it’s just a load of steel beams, mesh fencing, railings, pipes and lights with a few added bits of actual real theming. Hardly impossible to achieve even for Merlin Studios.
Last edited by Ryan on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corkscrewed

Yeah it's absolutely awesome looking, but very, very simple to achieve. So much so that even THORPE PARK can achieve it! whether they will or not I have no idea though, I do think its simple enough to be pulled off though.
CoasterCrazyChris

Sorry to go slightly off topic; but why does everyone keep typing out "Thorpe Park" is bold capitals?

THORPE PARK <whats with using CAPS all the time?

Anyway, back onto those queueline images, they look incredible; but isnt it suppost to be an abondoned sawmill?

What is this, Canada Creek or X-Sector?!
Corkscrewed

If you take a look at there website, any material they release etc. They insist on the Capitals.

For example:

[quote=""SAW Blog""]Posted by THORPE PARK on Oct 14, 2008 in Your Questions Answered
Oct 14

To ask THORPE PARK a question about SAW - The Ride please visit the Fan Messages section. Answers to your questions will be posted here.[/quote]
Q. Do all the rides have those cool cameras that take photos of you at the scariest bits? If so will SAW -The Ride have one?

A. Yes, the ride will have a photo point during the experience, which we’ll let you discover where it is on your first ride. In addition to that, for the first time on a ride at THORPE PARK we are fitting a camera to the front of the ride to film your silly expressions (!) and enable you the opportunity to purchase a DVD of your experience…if you wish.
[quote=""Main THORPE PARK site""]THORPE PARK is one of Europe's most exciting theme parks! For a special occasion or just a fun day out with friends or family, THORPE PARK provides a truly exhilarating experience! Here on the official THORPE PARK website you can find information about our thrilling rollercoasters, buy online tickets and use a host of other facilities to plan the ultimate day out! With a map of the theme park and previews of the rides, the fun starts long before you get here![/quote]
Etc.