Bus crashes near bridge in Alton

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Coke

It's upsetting really, especially as someone died. They do need the relief road desperately now.

Can you still go to AT through Uttoxetter past JCB, or is their a diversion, because it would be affecting alot of peoples journeys.

Are you thirsty?
Nevermind

[quote=""Coke""]It's upsetting really, especially as someone died. They do need the relief road desperately now.

Can you still go to AT through Uttoxetter past JCB, or is their a diversion, because it would be affecting alot of peoples journeys.[/quote]

I went yesterday and the road was open. On the way back we saw markings on a wall which look quite recent, that led my dad to believe that the brakes might have failed but that was just his opinion.
Air Rocks My Socks
Voni86

It was such an awful thing that happened there, but I shudder when I think how it could have been. I used to take kids on mountain bikes across that bridge in term time, if the accident had been a couple of weeks later...
Rita 2005

Rise in crime during coach crash

[quote=""BBC News""]Police say there was a rise in crime in an area of Staffordshire on Monday as officers dealt with a coach crash in which one man died and 71 were hurt.

Ch Insp John Maddox said there was a jump in vehicle crime in Cheadle while numerous officers were sent to nearby Alton after the crash.[/quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7576499.stm

Trust the scumbags to take advantage of such a tragic situatuion.
Corkscrewed

oh now that is the icing on the cake!

people these days will take advantage of anything :evil:

not on. just not on :(
Magical Ryan

Is there a petition anywhere to demand a new by-pass?

Also that is awful how people think they can take advantage on something as serious as that! Probly chavs.

Thanks Ryan
Lauren

Thats typical, but something i wouldnt of expected in that area as most of it is rural. The chap to died was so young, bless him.
Rita 2005

[quote=""Lauren""]Thats typical, but something i wouldnt of expected in that area as most of it is rural.[/quote]You have obviously never been to Cheadle on a Summer's Evening :) . They even hacked the head off one of the Swanboats that AT donated to a local Childrens Playground :roll: .
jonathan leake

[quote=""Rita 2005""][quote=""Lauren""]Thats typical, but something i wouldnt of expected in that area as most of it is rural.[/quote]You have obviously never been to Cheadle on a Summer's Evening :) . They even hacked the head off one of the Swanboats that AT donated to a local Childrens Playground :roll: .[/quote]

I heard about that did it ever get repared and has any one got any pics of it as i have never seen it.

And i cant bleave that people would take avantage of a situtaion like this it just wrong
Big Dave

there is a petition somewhere me thinks. I will pm you with details.
sam07

[quote=""Rita 2005""]You have obviously never been to Cheadle on a Summer's Evening :) . They even hacked the head off one of the Swanboats that AT donated to a local Childrens Playground :roll: .[/quote]
And ended up in our schools basketball hoop...
popTART

does anyone have a link to the video where Russel Barnes talks about the crash?
NF2

CorkyForever

We had just driven past alton towers that day in our search for our B&B. We spent ages trying to find this place and the wet hilly roads were like a ride of their own!!....i could see how this awful accident had happened.
We found out about this when we finally arrived at the B&B and turned on the telly.
:shock: it's kind of frightening when you realise that you were on that stretch of road only about 10 minutes before.
not good.
those roads are crazy for the amount of traffic they must get...such a shame.
Most Recent Visit
Kelly

Sorry to drag this back up, but thought it was important to note that the staff who helped emergency services have been honoured by the police. Full story on The Sentinel site:

[url=http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/ne ... ticle.html" target="_blank]http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/ne ... ticle.html[/url]
Jon

Well deserved. :clap:
Formerly "Dagoo"
jonathan leake

Yes i agree very well deserved after reading that whole page made really sad i couldnt do what those people done.
Voni86

I am glad to hear they were honoured. Well deserved, as everyone has said! Good on them.
Rita 2005

The Coach Crash was exactly one year ago today, BBC News are running a short update on their website.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7570885.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7570885.stm[/url]
stigzy

That's gone so quick, it doesn't seem all that long ago tbh. I know it's a trivial matter & highly unimportant on the anniversary of that poor chaps sad death, but I notice the wall is still in disrepair. I wonder what's taking them so long to patch it back up?!