Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Chris W

During Scarefest this year I may be visiting with a friend who could be wheelchair-bound, How suitable would TOTT be for wheelchair access?
Cant remember TOTT last year if there was stairs or not.
Luke

[quote=""Disco Ball""]During Scarefest this year I may be visiting with a friend who could be wheelchair-bound, How suitable would TOTT be for wheelchair access?
Cant remember TOTT last year if there was stairs or not.[/quote]

Yes there are stairs in the Towers and along the route of TOTT, so they don't have disabled access.
scottw92

Just a quick question :D

does anyone know if the t-e-s-c-o 2-for-1 dayout vouchers are legible for the scarefest event?? (sorry about that, something comes up about lidl when i write it properly)

Last edited by scottw92 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do Look Down..
AstroDan

Check the validity dates on the vouchers, that should tell you.
scottw92

October 31st :)

just asked because i thought they woudn't allow vouchers as its a major event...
Do Look Down..
jordi20012002

Hi people

Long time no speak, just wondered what the early rides are at the moment as I am going on thurs/fri and staying at the splash landings hotel...cheers
NF2

They're the same as they have been all year, Mutiny Bay, Spinball, RMT, Duel, and the farm. Also, the main AT site say during Scarefest ERT will be replaced for Hotel guests with Priority access to "certain rides", whether these rides are decent is another story :lol:

I bloody hope Rita's included :o
AstroDan

No chance with Rita. Rita's capacity is low enough as it is, and the regular Thrill Fast Track's aren't valid on Rita to aid this.
jordi20012002

hmm fair enough, we went in May and they were the same, I can live with that

Though I wish it was Nemesis and Air

Any ideas on how busy this Thurs/Fri, the hotel was fully booked for fri night excluding the themed rooms
Kitty

Hi I'm staying in the AT Hotel soon and was just reading the boring small print from the website. It says that any food or drink not purchased there needed to be authorised.
It's gonna be my birthday and I'll have a bottle of champagne and a pretty pink birthday cake, are they gonna give me permission to have this in my room?
And what's with the silly rule?

Cheers gang.
Did you notice that he threw you in the garbage?
NF2

I (well, ok my mum and dad :lol:) have taken wine into ATH millions of times and never had any issues. In fact the only time it has ever been brought up was when a maid spotted it, and once we returned there was a card asking if we wanted an ice bucket :D

They can't stop you bringing stuff into your room, unless its a bomb or something :lol: And even if you're not suposed to, it's not like they're allowed to search your bag and remove it!
Kitty

Cheers, I shall take them regardless. I just don't want to call them and have to ask permission like a child. It's daft :roll:
Did you notice that he threw you in the garbage?
jordi20012002

just another quick question is the skyride in operation at the moment?
Matt

[quote=""jordi20012002""]just another quick question is the skyride in operation at the moment?[/quote]

Yup, its fine:)

Matt
:)x
jordi20012002

every day of the week?
scottw92

A quickish question :S

might be going to AT soon and want to know what submission, enterprise and ripsaw are like?? I have never been on them and don't really like flats :oops:

sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Do Look Down..
AstroDan

[quote=""jordi20012002""]every day of the week?[/quote]

Weekends Only until 17th October when it shall be open daily until the end of the season.
jordi20012002

cheers astrodan, oh well be glad of the walk i suppose :D
Matt

[quote=""scottw92""]A quickish question :S

might be going to AT soon and want to know what submission, enterprise and ripsaw are like?? I have never been on them and don't really like flats :oops:

sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

[/quote]

Depends what your past experience on flats is.
I had never done a flat before then did all three in one go and I was fine.
Chances are doing one ( if you like it) will spur you on to do the others :D

Submission - is good fun, but can be a little bit painfull, remember to take keys out of your pockets before you ride as when it sticks in your leg it really hurts :lol:

Enterprise - looks alot worse than it is, I never feel dizzy or sick on it and I get travel sickness! :lol: it's hard to walk in a straight line afterwards but it's all part of the fun!

Ripsaw - is the best of the three, although its running on low power atm:( so it's probably a good time to have your first ride because it's really tame and short. It most likely will go up and down a bit. flip over once and then stop you at the top, then tip you down and spray you with water.... that short! :lol:

hope this helps mate, and good luck with your first ride.

Matt
:)x
scottw92

haven't really been on a flat.. don't like the look of them tbh; then I'm totally fine when it comes to big coasters.. wierd :shock:

Thanks anyways mate :D
Do Look Down..