Scarefest 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Sanbrooke Productions

TTF Event Info can be found here in summary format!

It looks like Scarefest is returning in 2008 after Alton Towers have released the dates for this fantastic event. The event is running for a shorter period of time this year with it starting on 17th October and finishing on 2nd Novemeber.

Also preperations have begun on the FOA1000S. It looks like the field is ready to be planted as it was in February last year. Here is the field in the picture below.

foa1000s.JPG

I'm glad the event is returning , but is a shame its on for less time. Lets just hope we see a new maze on park to decrease the que for TOTT. :D
Nick

I don't think thats preparation for the Field, just the mess after the 2007 maze got torn up
Adam

The Field of 1,000 Screams will defiantly be returning.

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I would like to see an end of season fireworks display as oppose to none or a week of it. Be nice to combine the last night of scarefest with fireworks. :D
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
jd_united

[quote=""Spike""]I would like to see an end of season fireworks display as oppose to none or a week of it. Be nice to combine the last night of scarefest with fireworks. :D[/quote]

agreed. i think although adrenaline week is generally shorter queues and a last chance to get on the rides before the closed season, it would be much better to go out with a bang at the end of scarefest :D
oldgitBEN

hey guys, dont know if you've spotted this over at Haunted Attractions but there are reviews, planning info and staff interviews about the 2007 scarefast and also under the Field of 1000 screams it talks about it returning for 2008.

Interesting read.

http://hauntedattractions.co.uk/index.p ... &Itemid=34
Sanbrooke Productions

Yeah the're nice little articles ,very informative. Thanks for the links to them . One of interesting things there was that we know it's coming back this year. :D
oldgitBEN

im looking forward to the other articles being added too.

I think it would be good for a new ToTT rather than use the banquet again, although if they are planning big changes along the same line it would be good. But I think as mentioned they re-used props and it was a great success so with a whole new theme and not being tied to any prop constraints the story could be amazing.
rita's girl

Just seen the front page of TT

[/quote]After being deemed a success, the Halloween event, Scarefest, is to make a welcome return for the 2008 season. The confimed dates by the park are from Friday October 17th, to Sunday November 2nd. A slightly shorter event length when compared to the 2007 event, but this is due to the scheduling of the school holidays.

The 3 main attractions, Terror of the Towers, Room 13 and Field of 1000 Screams are all expected to be making a return in October, however, it is not known if there are to be any changes made to any of the attractions since thier run in 2007. It is hoped however that the park can work on improving the efficiency of the attractions to make queuing times as short as they possibly can be. This was an issue for the 2007 event.

Does anyone think that the problems of 2007 will be ironed out with the issues of the actors being attacked???

Also we went on the tuesday of the school holidays last yeaand at the end of the haunted hollow a man jumped out from the ivy looking archways.. however we later found out that there was only the 2 women and the undertaker that were supposed to be there... it was a laugh anyways..

I know that the one woman the beggar one told us that there were complaints from people about others jumping out etc and scaring kids.
Do you think that there will be security in place to protect people.

In my honest opinion there are always some little gets who spoil it for others :roll:
Me x
Sanbrooke Productions

Hopefully Alton Towers will be more organised this year with them knowing that there was problems with the attractions last season. The que for TOTT was in acsess of 2 hours on busy days. Even when they shortened the attraction , it was still bad. I'm shure they will sort it out this year. It's a shame that theres no mention of a 4th attraction there either. I think we will see another thow ,but just hasen't being revealed what yet. :)
Spike

LIGHTING!!!! Thorpe Styley!! :lol:
*Honest Cint!*
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""Spike""]LIGHTING!!!! Thorpe Styley!! :lol:[/quote]

Most certainly! Coloured floodlighting, it's not hard and it would add so much in terms of atmosphere. It's certainly one of the key areas of improvement this year, as well as park wide theming, music changes and another on park attraction to ease the queue of TOTT.

I'm looking forward to it none the less...
Sanbrooke Productions

If we see the main areas of the park like Ug Land , Forbidden Valley , Mutiny Bay in green and red lighting like the towers itself it would be great. Also music changes to other areas like Spinball , Nemesis , AIR , Rita would add to the event. I'm shure this years event will be fantastic and i'm glad that halloween has maid a return to Alton Towers. :)
AstroDan

The queue's did get long at times, but they weren't totally out of control. I mean, the park did alter TOTT after the opening few days to improve things, and Field was down to about one hour maximum by the middle of the event.

I am sure the park will improve though.

:)
Spike

The lighting does need sorting if they are to create the impression of "scare" & horror. The flood lights that are fixed in the centre of Air need blue gels on them it would bathe the ride in a sky blue and look lovely.

Not enough was done in FV. You have an area which is begging to to be horror themed, you have a coaster which has a creppy story. It's an alien monster for crying out loud & yet nothing was done to excel this further for SF. Reds & greens and mist and maybe some zombie actors like from the promo video. Nothing was don in Ug land bit of a poor show. Hex could also be spruced up being as it is a dark ride and has a creepy tale to it.

Park needs some scary music aswell (not just towers st) pinch Thorpes if needs be. I do understand the park is much larger but this year I would expect the park to have listened to it's feedback and iron out the niggly bits.
*Honest Cint!*
JC88

i think this is fantastic news for the Towers,and i will certainly be making a visit to the park in the Scarefest 08 period.I do agree the park needs a lot of themeing this year,it would make the park event fantastic.I do not like the bleakness about the mazes ,eg.TOTT and FOA1000s'.I do hope that it will not be the same as last year,it would be a travesty if it is.It needs a new story line,as it would be a step backwards for AT to do the same story lines,instead of advancing with new story and plotlines for the mazes ect.
From The Keyboard of an Alton Towers Enthusiast...
Ash

Wouldnt it be cool if each area was based around a film...

Forbidden Valley = Predator
Ug Land = Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
Gloomy Wood = Ghostbusters?
X Sector = Alien

Just a thought....
Nick

It would be a good idea, howver I doubt even Merlin would provide the budget to provide the licenses to get permission to use them
stretchy

Idea 1, how about asking forums like towers times for volunteers to become zombies. These would give up a number of evenings during the event to become wandering zombies, attend the zombie school etc, and in return, on completion of say 15 evenings, would receive a free annual pass for the following year. To be honest I'm sure there are loads of people here who would do it for free, but the annual pass idea gives Alton a) a minimal tax incentive, b) power to stop idiots (those people who would take it toooo far and start munching into passing peoples necks.

Idea 2, Zombie pirates.

Idea 3, Mist sprayer on the lake (too look like fog) with holographic ghost pirate ship occasionally fading into view, if this whole thing could be controllable, the mist and ship could appear in random positions on the lake, and even sail from one position to another before fading. like this
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/01/sony ... tokyo-bay/
Same monster, longer youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZXqxFKWf4
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]
dammys

yep it definately would be a good thing if they can get the fireworks bk this year!

i know there planning to depending on the court case appeal! but they was planning on a better laser display this year also so hopefully
DAMION MELLERS